Skoda/VWFS lease extension

My 24 month superb lease is due to end in December so I really need to make a decision on it's replacement in the next few months. My lease deal is ridiculously cheap and can't find anything equivalent for anywhere near the price, even replacing my car with the same model is now £75 a month more.

So my question is has anyone ever extended their lease with VWFS and if so was it favourable, I.e. The same price or lower? They won't give me a price until three months before the end of my lease for some reason but would like to get an idea now so I can plan. 

I've never known an extension to a PCH (lease) being cheaper, it is nearly always more expensive.

The great VAG PCH deals have largely disappeared...

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/pch-offers/new-superb/

http://pulmanskoda.co.uk/contract-hire/superb-estate-2-0-tdi-150ps-personal-contract-hire

9 hours ago, GAG said:

Out of interest what is your present deal?

Base deal was £1400 initial, £179 pm. 10k miles pa. 2.0 tdi se business estate. £5517 all in for 2 years. I upped the mileage after 14 months though to 29k over 2 years and vwfs changed payment very favourably (compared to paying xs mileage at the end) to £206 for final 10 months so ended being £5960 for 2 years/29k.

18 minutes ago, Bugginbob said:

Base deal was £1400 initial, £179 pm. 10k miles pa. 2.0 tdi se business estate. £5517 all in for 2 years. I upped the mileage after 14 months though to 29k over 2 years and vwfs changed payment very favourably (compared to paying xs mileage at the end) to £206 for final 10 months so ended being £5960 for 2 years/29k.

That's crazy for a brand new Superb.  Did they give you a bag of cash in the boot as well to sweeten the deal? :D

• Like 1

That is a good deal. No wonder you want a similar one and no wonder no company will give you one like it. The company would probably make no money.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GAG said:

That is a good deal. No wonder you want a similar one and no wonder no company will give you one like it. The company would probably make no money.

Yep I couldn't believe it at the time, hence considering trying to extend the deal by another year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I had the same deal as the original poster but the way my local dealer price matched meant I am paying around £187 per month (they then gave me an up-front cheque for the difference meaning the total cost is the same). 

I have just extended the lease at £189 per month. About £1.50 extra is increased VED and an outrageous 50p on the lease cost!

Just had it serviced and last month 2x front tyres so should be a now cost-effective additional years motoring. 

Really pleased with the car. Nothing hugely redeeming with it but equally nothing I really long to improve with it.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Just about to start a new lease on a 1.6 (2.0 was the same price) SE Tech Greenline. Total over 2 years is £5512 ex VAT, £6890 inc VAT for 10k year. £265 inc pm was the cheapest I could find anywhere. Well not strictly true; lots of places advertised cheaper deals but none would honour them!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation. I went for a couple of extra options with mine - Canton and metallic (oh, and maintenance) which raised the monthly amount to pay for them over 2 years. My dealer also gave me cashback to get to the effective deal. I wonder if that means that any lease extension would mean over-paying for the options? Certainly if they gave me the option to buy the car outright, I'd be paying for those options twice.

One thing I noticed was that 3 year leases were more expensive overall than 2 year leases (maybe because selling a 2 year old car is a lot easier than a 3 year old) and so to extend a 2 year lease at the same rate would be a result.

A question I have is how soon before lease expiry will they even give you a quote?

Edited by thewinelake

Yes - very interesting indeed, thanks!

BTW, I have been on the phone to VWFS this morning. My options are:

1) Terminate early and buy the car - I've been quoted an estimate of £15,500 + the termination fee of £714

2) Wait until Feb and buy the car - I would guess that would be £14,500 or so (+ £1,300 of remaining payments)

3) Extend the contract by a year - I would guess that monthly fees would rise from £260 to £290/month

4) Wait until Feb, give the car back and then get a new contract for something very similar (eg deecee's suggestion)

5) Wait until Feb, give the car back and buy something totally different.

I'm really holding out for the Superb PHEV!

Personally, I'd keep the lease going on for another year.  2018/19 will be a good year for new models, refreshes and more efficient engines (software hacks not included).  You'll at least have a better indication what the future is for diesel too (and the cost/taxes to the end user)

If you wanted another Superb and it was built to order, you couldn't wait until Feb to start a new lease. My car was ordered in July and it's got a week 44 build date at the moment!

2018/19 - yes, could be - but not for sure. I don't know when the Superb PHEV will be released, but I wouldn't put money on it being before September, with deliveries beginning in Feb 19. Extending the lease will depend on how much they quote me. By coincidence, those guys (leaseshop) have quoted almost exactly what I'm currently paying for my saloon for an estate (with metallic and maintained, but only alcantara upholstery and no Canton).  BTW, there is a £300 admin fee from Leaseshop - I guess that's their profit?

rtj70 - You mean I'll have to wait a while before ordering? I've been told that they can hold it back a bit, but if I ordered now, they'd really want to deliver in December.

A slight aside, but is it possible to order beige leather as an option on SE Technology?

I meant if you leave it too late before ordering you wouldn't get it in time.

The online configuration tool only seems to offer black upholstery for an SE Technology.

30 minutes ago, thewinelake said:

Yet the brochures and website still show beige. Bah! I should report them to trading standards!

The brochures do have statements about the model shown might not be available in your country. Or words to that effect.

• 3 years later...
48 minutes ago, Realestate said:

I am way late to this thread (removed)

That was a bit random, or a good 'bot'! 

Edited by john999boy
Removed quoted post