Performance Monitor in facelift infotainment unit

Hi everyone

Just ordered a facelift RS sedan in race blue and can't wait for delivery!

I was wondering if anyone was aware of the performance monitor being available on the new 9.2" infotainment system in the facelift model. 

Any info would be great!

9 hours ago, Rsrob said:

As far as I'm aware only the octy vRS245 gets this and a lap timer 

It will probably be available via a VCDS tweak, if the 245 gets it :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, WaHoo said:

Guy at work has a vRS 220 on a 16 plate and has the lap timer but my 66 plate vRS TDI doesn't......maybe he has Columbus rather than Amundsen?

I've got a 15 plate 1.4TSI with the lap timer, it's easily enabled using VCDS - see the sticky thread at the top of the O3 Forum.

The laptimer on the maxi dot is a VCDS change (although I couldn't get it working on my previous b/w maxi dot, only my new colour one). 

No idea about the above infotainment screen though. 

2 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

The laptimer on the maxi dot is a VCDS change (although I couldn't get it working on my previous b/w maxi dot, only my new colour one). 

No idea about the above infotainment screen though. 

if I use the arrow the other screen is the lap timer

• 1 month later...

I have RS220 (162TSI) and have enabled the laptimer in the maxidot, using OBD11 - but been unable to get it in main infotainment screen, NOR can I enable the "performance monitor" as the picture from @themanwithnoaim posted.

If anyone has managed to enable it on the earlier RS220 models, there will be MANY MANY people worldwide who will love you to eternity and beyond!

Having said that though, a simple OBD bluetooth device and something like Torque app, will give many more parameters... but then there's the issue of having a suitable device to mirrorlink that output onto the infotainment screen.

I have a 2 year old mobile phone, and it's "too old" or doesn't support mirrorlink, while it DOES support Android-Auto.... but I can't get it to mirrorlink the Skoda OneApp app output onto infotainment screen, so I doubt using Torque and a BT OBD device will help me either.

• 1 year later...

This screen above is a SWaP feature - not possible to enable with VCDS/OBDeleven.

SWap stands for Software as purchase, which means you need a code specific to the car in order to activate/enable.

...and just to add, the novelty of it wears off quickly ;)

I have it on the Cupra and never use it, except to impress passengers - if you are driving fast anyway, you won't be doing too much looking down at that screen.

Edited by Jaco2k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jaco2k said:

This screen above is a SWaP feature - not possible to enable with VCDS/OBDeleven.

SWap stands for Software as purchase, which means you need a code specific to the car in order to activate/enable.

So basically not possible? I think I’ve seen some guys who have this. Have to find out how it was activated. 

Just now, z klasse said:

So basically not possible? I think I’ve seen some guys who have this. Have to find out how it was activated. 

It is possible if you spec it with the car and I guess it is possible if you have a car that supports it and purchase the license from Skoda.

I have seen some reports of success stories in enabling via coding the Off-road screen, but the Performance one, is not possible.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JamiePvrs said:

Download the Skoda app of the play store etc and you get all these features

I have the Skoda One App but does not give all features on iOS. Is there any other app? 

18 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

dont think my S9 would cope with all that :D

dumb question but does any of this work over Bluetooth?

All works great on my note 8 or s9. And no, all require the phone to be plugged in. 

10 minutes ago, JamiePvrs said:

All works great on my note 8 or s9. And no, all require the phone to be plugged in. 

thanks i thought as much, it defeats the purpose of a wireless charging box really doesnt it? i have wireless charging and was hoping i wouldnt need to plug the phone in.

Edited by JohnnyType2

4 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

thanks i thought as much, it defeats the purpose of a wireless charging box really doesnt it? i have wireless charging and was hoping i wouldnt need to plug the phone in.

It's annoying that it has to be plugged in but it does work quiet well. The Google maps is brilliant and all the other bits it can do are fun. 

• Like 1