Official service manual and vehicle codes

DavidMark

I have just bought the official workshop manual for my 2013 Yeti.

I cannot seem to understand a couple of things

1. The pages all refer to Yeti 2010> Yeti 2011>. Does this mean 2010 onwards and 2011 onwards?

2. I keep seeing things like "vehicle up to MY 2011 and "vehicle as of MY 2011". Does MY mean manufacturing year or something else?

3. Also vehicles up to CW 21/2013 keep being mentioned. What does CW 21/2013 mean?

Thanks anyone

I had a very early 2010 Yeti and a lot of changes were made about a year after starting making the car, probably for 2011 year.

Eg it had a very nice cast aluminium piece to connect the bottom of the wheel hub to the chassis. Later cars had a cheaper pressed steel design.

I agree with graham who replied whilst typing this!

3 hours ago, john999boy said:

MY18 cars have already started to be made so that confuses the issue too.

Obviously not for the Yeti but you get my drift!

You do realise you vainly raised the hopes of approximately 200 members on this forum? 

The Samaritans helpline will take an absolutely hammering tonight! 

Guest FurryFriend

Asking a silly question. 

Where do you buy official Skoda Workshop manuals, and how much are they please? 

There are no written Service Manuals, they are now all on computer.  

You will find various people selling them on Ebay, but a few people have found problems with some "dodgy" copies, so probably best to ignore the very cheap versions.

7 euros plus vat buys an hour on erWin. You can then download any number of useful pdfs including servicing, maintenance, repair and wiring info, as well as educational stuff in the former of Self Study Programmes.  Instructions here.

Edited by Wino

Guest FurryFriend
15 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

There are no written Service Manuals, they are now all on computer.  

You will find various people selling them on Ebay, but a few people have found problems with some "dodgy" copies, so probably best to ignore the very cheap versions.

So I wonder where the op has got his from, as I too understood this to be the case. 

25 minutes ago, FurryFriend said:

So I wonder where the op has got his from, as I too understood this to be the case. 

Judging by his first question, I'd say erWin Skoda, or someone who is breaching copyright to sell on that same info.

Go to https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

Hover over individual vehicle information, then choose Repair information from the drop down. Then choose Yeti from the model dropdown. Then choose Maintenance Handbook. Click on the 'i' under the contents heading. Look at the title page.

• Like 1

Guest FurryFriend

Yeah that what I suspected. There's no way  I want anything to do with copyright issues. 

Thanks. 

Guest FurryFriend

What I meant was that I would have liked a full printed workshop manual in book form. 

My SKODA warranty covers the car at present, but I was thinking of getting  one for the future. 

19 hours ago, Wino said:

7 euros plus vat buys an hour on erWin. You can then download any number of useful pdfs including servicing, maintenance, repair and wiring info, as well as educational stuff in the former of Self Study Programmes.  Instructions here.

That's where I got mine from.

Plan an hour with no interruptions (and the kids aren't caning your broadband watching Youtube) and download, download, download!

I got the entire collection of manuals for my Yeti and the wife's Superb in one 7 euro visit.

1 hour ago, FurryFriend said:

What I meant was that I would have liked a full printed workshop manual in book form. 

My SKODA warranty covers the car at present, but I was thinking of getting  one for the future. 

So download it and print it?

Haynes have already told one member that they do not intend to produce a book for the Yeti. Skoda themselves do not produce a printed manual for their own servicing staff. Therefore your only option is printing one off.

• 6 years later...