AMD's 2 litre 304bhp 162mph Fabia Monte Carlo TDi *6 speed conversion*

AMD87

Little test session yesterday, Me and Tomas from Darkside were doing some maps on saturday to get it in a decent position for crail on sunday. Also did some LC maps as well to see how that would go. Also a low boost map for the Mk2 Fabia vRS folk as we don't need high boost for those :)

52467748557_ab5f688988_o.jpg

Plan was to use low boost and work into it. Crail is already an awful track but it seems to have got worse recently, Absolutely no hope of getting traction in 2nd on the strip but there is a test bit that we can use and the car was consistantly .7 of a second faster to 60mph compared to the track so power is still there.

Can see in the logs i was shifting into 2nd at the 60 ft mark compared to 70ft like on previous runs to help control the wheelspin but no joy

52467748562_9fed551caa_o.jpg

also Tom wasn't so happy when he seen my RPM logs 😂

52468795638_733b404f1f_o.jpg

First 2 races were against a 400BHP Hybrid IS38 Turbo Polo GTi tuned by Ecotune.

Saab 93

Peugeot 208 GTi

Fiesta ST

Stage 3 ST on drag slicks

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AMD87 said:

Little test session yesterday, Me and Tomas from Darkside were doing some maps on saturday to get it in a decent position for crail on sunday. Also did some LC maps as well to see how that would go. Also a low boost map for the Mk2 Fabia vRS folk as we don't need high boost for those :)

52467748557_ab5f688988_o.jpg

Plan was to use low boost and work into it. Crail is already an awful track but it seems to have got worse recently, Absolutely no hope of getting traction in 2nd on the strip but there is a test bit that we can use and the car was consistantly .7 of a second faster to 60mph compared to the track so power is still there.

Can see in the logs i was shifting into 2nd at the 60 ft mark compared to 70ft like on previous runs to help control the wheelspin but no joy

52467748562_9fed551caa_o.jpg

also Tom wasn't so happy when he seen my RPM logs 😂

52468795638_733b404f1f_o.jpg

First 2 races were against a 400BHP Hybrid IS38 Turbo Polo GTi tuned by Ecotune.

Saab 93

Peugeot 208 GTi

Fiesta ST

Stage 3 ST on drag slicks

At least the fabia vrs mk2’s don’t melt pistons on high boost 😂🤣

53 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

Good thing it’s never melted a piston or been in high boost then :) 

Mate I’m not being funny I’ve watched those vids and everyone of those cars your against bogs down and struggles for traction so it’s not really a big win is it , I just don’t understand why you always try to have a dig at the mk2 vrs are you jealous or something ? To date you’ve blown up one engine destroyed a gearbox and smelted the piston in your “trackslayer” so how’s about you stay in your own lane … are you jealous that you bought a diesel Monte Carlo instead of the vrs 😂🤣😂🤣

8 minutes ago, thomasaspin said:

Mate I’m not being funny I’ve watched those vids and everyone of those cars your against bogs down and struggles for traction so it’s not really a big win is it , I just don’t understand why you always try to have a dig at the mk2 vrs are you jealous or something ? To date you’ve blown up one engine destroyed a gearbox and smelted the piston in your “trackslayer” so how’s about you stay in your own lane … are you jealous that you bought a diesel Monte Carlo instead of the vrs 😂🤣😂🤣

Sounds like someone is butt hurt because they wouldn’t be able to keep up 😘

Could easily afford a mk2 vRS but didn’t fancy having a slower car ;)  

if you go back to the previous posts you’ll see that I bog it on purpose hence why I have the LC set so low but I can tell you don’t have a history around motorsport if you believe that spinning off the line wins races 🤗

gotta love these pretenders that think they know what they are talking about 🤭

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AMD87 said:

Sounds like someone is butt hurt because they wouldn’t be able to keep up 😘

Could easily afford a mk2 vRS but didn’t fancy having a slower car ;)  

if you go back to the previous posts you’ll see that I bog it on purpose hence why I have the LC set so low but I can tell you don’t have a history around motorsport if you believe that spinning off the line wins races 🤗

gotta love these pretenders that think they know what they are talking about 🤭

Haha petty insults because you can’t actually justify why you have to have sly digs, I’m more motorsport than you son I’ve totally built my car you send yours down to dark side with an open cheque book I bet they rub there hands together when that white shed on wheels turns up …. 

5 minutes ago, thomasaspin said:

Haha petty insults because you can’t actually justify why you have to have sly digs, I’m more motorsport than you son I’ve totally built my car you send yours down to dark side with an open cheque book I bet they rub there hands together when that white shed on wheels turns up …. 

Oh look someone’s upset that they can’t built their properly or even on time for an event so try to make digs thinking it will hurt me 🥲 

yet here I am with a working driving car 😅 funny how the big power 1.4 boys are too scared to come to crail or show up for events but here we are. 😘

1 minute ago, AMD87 said:

Oh look someone’s upset that they can’t built their properly or even on time for an event so try to make digs thinking it will hurt me 🥲 

yet here I am with a working driving car 😅 funny how the big power 1.4 boys are too scared to come to crail or show up for events but here we are. 😘

That’s because Crail looks like a dirt road in Thailand 😂🤣 , try coming to Santa pod they need some cannon fodder for all the lower power standard  Golf R’s and Audi s3’s 

that probably cost a fraction of that car of yours or even better go against a tuned mk1 fabia pd130 that would absolutely destroy you and they cost peanuts 🥜 

as for not ready for the events you can’t rush perfection 😘

• Like 1

Just now, thomasaspin said:

That’s because Crail looks like a dirt road in Thailand 😂🤣 , try coming to Santa pod they need some cannon fodder for all the lower power standard  Golf R’s and Audi s3’s 

that probably cost a fraction of that car of yours or even better go against a tuned mk1 fabia pd130 that would absolutely destroy you and they cost peanuts 🥜 

as for not ready for the events you can’t rush perfection 😘

Been to pod plenty of times and yet they never turn up. 

thanks for proving my point about being too scared to come to crail because you don’t know power management or how to launch a car properly on a bad surface 😘

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roottoot said:

Crail might not be Santa Pod, but like with any RWYB the cars are all starting on the same surface, just the weather / temperature changes.

Not the track preparation. Much more like street racing as many find when they do bother to travel north and do their thing.

http://crailraceway.co.uk/wp/records

Or when some of us make the trip down to Perranporth which is similar to Crail :) 

it’s get how people make digs specifically at the car and me thinking it bothers me but you know you’re doing it right when you’ve got haters and everyone knows the car 🤗

Me and the guys at darkside do have some good laughs over what folk comment about it 🤭

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

Or when some of us make the trip down to Perranporth which is similar to Crail :) 

it’s get how people make digs specifically at the car and me thinking it bothers me but you know you’re doing it right when you’ve got haters and everyone knows the car 🤗

Me and the guys at darkside do have some good laughs over what folk comment about it 🤭

You haven’t got a hater YOU hate on other platform cars like a muppet making snide comments because your a jealous tool

6 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

You know they are the same cars 🤪 

also it’s you’re not your 

Ah I see start trying to comment on grammar because you can’t take the truth about making snide comments about other platform vehicles (diesel vs petrol) you wouldn’t stand a chance against a Dsg fabia vrs especially one that has a Dq250 box with a quaife LSD and can hit 2.0bar of boost at the Rev limit wheel spin or no wheel spin but hey you can always hope can’t you kidda 👍 maybe you can slap a few more stickers on for more horsepower so you can stand a chance. 

13 minutes ago, thomasaspin said:

Ah I see start trying to comment on grammar because you can’t take the truth about making snide comments about other platform vehicles (diesel vs petrol) you wouldn’t stand a chance against a Dsg fabia vrs especially one that has a Dq250 box with a quaife LSD and can hit 2.0bar of boost at the Rev limit wheel spin or no wheel spin but hey you can always hope can’t you kidda 👍 maybe you can slap a few more stickers on for more horsepower so you can stand a chance. 

Haha how cute that you’re ( look correct way) raging at a map description 🥲

Raced plenty that allegedly have more power than me and it didn’t work out well for them :) nice to your’s ( again correct term) is still being a garage queen though ☺️

8 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

He does seem to be extremely hurt over abit of banter from an engine map 😂

Not hurt at all , just pathetic how you have to comment stuff like that as if it’s a contest are you unhappy with your own life that beating someone in a straight line gives you some sort of satisfaction I wouldn’t waste my petrol against you , I tell you what why not do a run down on how much you have spent on the Monte Carlo to get it to the power yours is and I will do the same and I’ll laugh at how much money you’ve put into a base model fabia I bet my spending is a tenth of yours for more power 😂🤣😂🤣

#darksidefanboy , oh and throwing money at darkside developments doesn’t make you part of there motorsport team it makes you a customer your that far up there ar*e it’s like the darkside human centipede  

1 hour ago, thomasaspin said:

Not hurt at all , just pathetic how you have to comment stuff like that as if it’s a contest are you unhappy with your own life that beating someone in a straight line gives you some sort of satisfaction I wouldn’t waste my petrol against you , I tell you what why not do a run down on how much you have spent on the Monte Carlo to get it to the power yours is and I will do the same and I’ll laugh at how much money you’ve put into a base model fabia I bet my spending is a tenth of yours for more power 😂🤣😂🤣

#darksidefanboy , oh and throwing money at darkside developments doesn’t make you part of there motorsport team it makes you a customer your that far up there ar*e it’s like the darkside human centipede  

pretty well documented how much it costs me 😂

it’s ok to be jealous if i have spent more because the car has went through different stages over the years 

also it’s their not to there 😘

1 hour ago, Breezy_Pete said:

So juvenile, the pair of you.

The poster boys for drag racing!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the oil temp gauge hooked up so more track days 😆

52506633255_571b2172c4_c.jpg

52506709648_e2f989833f_c.jpg

52506430064_49193dfc34_c.jpg

Little trip here to test it out 

52506430039_73b16761ab_c.jpg

noticed it was running pretty cold due to the cold weather so friend was selling this to help block the oil cooler but it doesn’t seem to like the milotec grill. 

52506517394_0e8cb151d0_c.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

Finally got the oil temp gauge hooked up so more track days 😆

noticed it was running pretty cold due to the cold weather so friend was selling this to help block the oil cooler but it doesn’t seem to like the milotec grill. 

52506517394_0e8cb151d0_c.jpg

See, if you'd bought a Yeti you'd have Oil Temperature in the MFD....😀   

I've got one of those grille blanks on the Yeti.  It certainly helps to get the oil up to temperature more quickly.  

I've run it through a couple of Scottish summers and I've never seen more than 104 deg C, even thrashing my remapped 150 TDI. 

27 minutes ago, Schtum said:

See, if you'd bought a Yeti you'd have Oil Temperature in the MFD....😀   

I've got one of those grille blanks on the Yeti.  It certainly helps to get the oil up to temperature more quickly.  

I've run it through a couple of Scottish summers and I've never seen more than 104 deg C, even thrashing my remapped 150 TDI. 

I’ve got the option of the oil temp on the MFD and worked fine on the 1.6 but it’s never worked on the 2.0 was the only thing that Paul couldn’t work out how to repin on the ecu so it talked to the BCU properly. 

I did remember seeing 146 degree c once at Donington in the summer a few years back 😅