Are my vented seats not working?

How noticeable is the ventilation on the L&K vented leather seats; would you usually hear some sort of whirring fan or feel the seat get noticeably colder? I don’t notice either on my new (to me) Superb and I’m wondering if the ventilation is working or not.

My new (to me) L&K makes no noticeable noise, but I feel the seats getting cold - TBH it isn't a very pleasant feeling! Left on too long and your going to give yourself a kidney cold

1 minute ago, S00perb said:

My new (to me) L&K makes no noticeable noise, but I feel the seats getting cold - TBH it isn't a very pleasant feeling! Left on too long and your going to give yourself a kidney cold

LOL and of course when you use the heating in the seats, that in turn feels like you've wet yourself!

• Like 1

The heated seats are certainly uncomfortable in the heat of summer when you didn't notice you put them on by mistake

2 hours ago, geetee1972 said:

LOL and of course when you use the heating in the seats, that in turn feels like you've wet yourself!

How about if you do wet yourself and then you turn on the the ventilation? Is it like a whale using its blowhole? Does it shoot out of those big sunroofs you have?  

Dear me, the problems of owning an L&K! I think I'll refrain form any of this behavior and retain some "Elegance".   ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My old form of transport was a BMW K1200LT - motorbike. That needed (and had) heated seats......heated backrest, heated grips, cruise, stereo etc. The climate control was activated by lowering the electric windshield - that cooled you off quick!

K1200LT Pack.jpg

Edited by S00perb
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, S00perb said:

My old form of transport was a BMW K1200LT - motorbike. That needed (and had) heated seats......heated backrest, heated grips, cruise, stereo etc. The climate control was activated by lowering the electric windshield - that cooled you off quick!

K1200LT Pack.jpg

Er - I think I recognise that campsite - Steinach in the Black Forest , Germany perhaps?

All my skoda's have been in this field at some point - beautiful area and a great site for moving on further south (Switzerland, Italy etc...)

Edited by bigjohn

15 hours ago, bigjohn said:

Er - I think I recognise that campsite - Steinach in the Black Forest , Germany perhaps?

All my skoda's have been in this field at some point - beautiful area and a great site for moving on further south (Switzerland, Italy etc...)

You are dead right! I have spent June there for the last 12 years - that picture was from the first time we came across it on the way back from Austria.

When are you there usually?

Edited by S00perb

21 hours ago, geetee1972 said:

How noticeable is the ventilation on the L&K vented leather seats; would you usually hear some sort of whirring fan or feel the seat get noticeably colder? I don’t notice either on my new (to me) Superb and I’m wondering if the ventilation is working or not.

You should notice a whirring sound alright, not too much, just like a fan at low speed.  Remember if you are wearing very thick clothing (like heavy jeans) you won't notice the impact as much.

9 hours ago, S00perb said:

You are dead right! I have spent June there for the last 12 years - that picture was from the first time we came across it on the way back from Austria.

When are you there usually?

We're usually there end of August for a few days en route to Italy but we have been there early July a couple of years ago for a longer stay. I once stayed in the caravan shown in the distance on your photo!.  Great location

Edited by bigjohn

I can always hear if someone has accidentally turned the cooler on. its not that loud but you get to know the sounds of your own car and it does stand out.

They are more effective than you would think bearing in mind they are just fans.

Wouldn't want leather without them. 

• Like 1

On mine the drivers is silent and the passengers does make a slight sound but if the stereo is on then you can't hear them at all. The effect is more noticeable if you are just wearing a shirt and trousers then a jacket or sweater etc and more so if you don't push right back into the seat, so there is a slight gap between your back and the seat, then you can really feel the cool air blowing out.

• Like 1

The fan is located towards the middle-front of the seat. You can definitely hear it when the engine and stereo is off. You can even see it and determine is it moving, if you look at the bottom of the seat

• 3 weeks later...

You can definitely hear a subtle noise, esp. when the engine is off. I cannot see where either the ventilation or the heater function would be unpleasant or uncomfortable. Ventilation for hot summer and heated seat for winter - very nice.

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 16:33, Gazdok said:

You can definitely hear a subtle noise, esp. when the engine is off. I cannot see where either the ventilation or the heater function would be unpleasant or uncomfortable. Ventilation for hot summer and heated seat for winter - very nice.

....and both together sometimes which is great if you have wet clothes..

• 6 years later...