Would you change your brexit vote today?

Chris GB

Would you change your mind over your Brexit vote today?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you chnage your vote?

• I voted leave and would vote leave tday
    • I voted leave and would vote remain today.
    • I voted remain and would vote remain today.
    • I voted remain and would vote leave today.

11 hours ago, skomaz said:

And the answer is not many have changed...   unlike the press are reporting...????

As far as BRISKODA members are concerned, there's a big enough percentage of people changing their mind towards remain that it would have affected the referendum result. 

Clearly we aren't representative of the general poplulation though as leave was in a minority to begin with. 

• Like 1

On 22/09/2017 at 10:56, Dr Zoidberg said:

As far as BRISKODA members are concerned, there's a big enough percentage of people changing their mind towards remain that it would have affected the referendum result. 

Clearly we aren't representative of the general poplulation though as leave was in a minority to begin with. 

A Skoda owner is generally going to be someone who thinks for themselves, not just copy others, weighs up the facts and makes a good choice. So very unrepresentative of most sheeple.

Anybody else think Europe is getting worryingly right wing? 

FN and AfD have had way more success in national elections than UKIP or any other extremists in Britain.

Both powerhouse countries in the EU now have major parties of a similar bent to the BNP.

Where could this potentially do to Eurooean unity?

13 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Anybody else think Europe is getting worryingly right wing? 

FN and AfD have had way more success in national elections than UKIP or any other extremists in Britain.

Both powerhouse countries in the EU now have major parties of a similar bent to the BNP.

Where could this potentially do to Eurooean unity?

The simple fact is that fundamentally, nations like to look after their own. Uncontrolled migration, particularly from ethnically different countries, leads to resentment and the rise of intolerance and eventually, the far right. I'm positive that a significant factor in the way the brexit vote went was Angela Merkel's opening of Germany to mass uncontrolled migration. This was a unilaterally made decision that had effects on the whole of Europe. If you want to prevent far right politics gaining a foothold, you have to be seen to be controlling migration.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2017 at 09:27, Lee01 said:

I think most people know my feelings on the subject :notme:

Voted leave, now over compensating? 

5 hours ago, LightRain said:

I voted leave and I'm still happy with my vote. I'm not happy with the people handling it though.

David Davis knows about sugar as he is ex-Tate and Lyle, the rest seems a bit outside his comfort zone.

Another round with the EU tomorrow, 

Dover port did a video for the Con conference..  Hope Double D caught this.......   

• Like 1

On 10/8/2017 at 13:01, LightRain said:

I voted leave and I'm still happy with my vote. I'm not happy with the people handling it though.

Hint - The Con Party handling the Brexit negotiations was one reason why I voted "remain".

• Like 1

I am a Brexitexiteer and voted that way. I doubt that many people will change their minds.  Hate/love of the EU and immigrants has taken a few generations to get established - its not going to change overnight - regardless of the economic consequences.  It does however make for some interesting political 'debates' although they are now becoming a tad tedious.  Being a weak-kneed Liberal Democrat watching the main parties running around in circles while stabbing themselves in the eyes with forked toungues, as we creep closer to an expanding (or is it crumbling?) cliff edge, has a certain entertainment value if you are not concerned about your kid's future.

Never thought I wld write that on a car blog.  Please send any hate mail to my wife.

Thanks

H

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Harryc said:

Being a weak-kneed Liberal Democrat watching the main parties running around in circles while stabbing themselves in the eyes with forked toungues, as we creep closer to an expanding (or is it crumbling?) cliff edge, has a certain entertainment value

Brexit and Trump at least provide much amusement for me from all quarters.