Saved quite a bit of money today.......WOOOHOOO

Macdemon

Went to town with Kitten today..........................

We bought some winter ski gloves as we're off to Norway in December £22.99 with buy 1 pair and get the 2nd pair free.      Saved £22.99

Kitten bought some thermal socks at £4.00 reduced from £8.00 Saved £4.00

She also bought two pairs of gloves costing £22.99 with buy one get 2nd pair free.  Saved £16.99 as the free pair were cheaper.

I got some waterproofing spray for £6.50 which was originally £12.99 saving me £6.49

Kitten also bought a new shopping trolley for £10,00 reduced from £15.00 Saving £5

We stopped off for lunch at Wimpey and both fancied the original cheeseburger with chips priced at £6.50 each, but with a 'meal deal' they were promoting it was only £11 for both the meals.Saving £2£117.47

I also bought a small wheeled suitcase to take in the cabin when we fly to Norway, the case was originally £119 but was reduced to £59 saving £60

SO, the TOTAL amount of cash we saved today was................................................drum roll please...............................................................£117.47

We both had LOTS of fun too haha.    :cool:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've made savings on things like this before, only trouble I only went out for a pint of milk

I have a small room upstairs i daren't go into anymore as it houses my 'savings'.  You can only give so many nose hair clippers for christmas presents, before you get rumbled. 

When I shop at Aldi and Lidl I save a huge amount on my weekly shop, unfortunately I waste all those savings by buying power tools and gadgets for the garage. went inlidl yesterday and as I got to the power tools the wife rang, to check I wasn't in Lidl!!!! spent today looking for a tracking devise on the car, either that or she's a witch!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I think divorcing Mr G could save me thousands.

That looks like a very Freudian slip to me.

May explain the ban!!!

18 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I think divorcing Mr G could save me thousands.

Problem is itll cost you thousands first :D

• Haha 1

On 25/09/2017 at 18:43, Macdemon said:

Kitten also bought a new shopping trolley for £10,00 reduced from £15.00 Saving £5

Jeez where do you shop? Trolleys round here are only a £1 but you can usually find one which has been tampered with for nowt!

• Haha 1

This is nothing....  I needed to buy a few spare inner tubes for my bike.  I think the basket total was £9 odd.  Then I seen it "Spend £250 save £25" naturally I done what any self respecting person done, looked for another £242's worth of crap I didn't need but hey, I saved £25. 

• Haha 1

My Mrs is my biggest saving scheme

She has banned me from the local guitar shop.

I go in to get a plectrum and leave with a few hundred less in my bank account every time.

23 minutes ago, S00perb said:

My Mrs is my biggest saving scheme

She has banned me from the local guitar shop.

I go in to get a plectrum and leave with a few hundred less in my bank account every time.

compression sustainer, big muff(70's), wah wah with octave shift, EQ pedal, chorus and delay

nice to see a fellow guitarist on here ... briskoda band anyone :D

Edited by Gissin

1 minute ago, Gissin said:

compression sustainer, mug muff(70's), wah wah with octave shift, EQ pedal, chorus and delay

ARRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH

Get behind me devil - the Mrs is away and the shop is still open - she will kill me

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Gissin said:

compression sustainer, big muff(70's), wah wah with octave shift, EQ pedal, chorus and delay

Think there is room for one more?

What the hell, she probably won't notice anyway

toomanyUntitled.jpg.8b881c7b4a3042a960f799ecdc587c3d.jpg

6 hours ago, Coops said:

Jeez where do you shop? Trolleys round here are only a £1 but you can usually find one which has been tampered with for nowt!

I mean something like THIS..............................

https://images.static.worldstores.co/images/products/SS/96/Sabichi_Lemongrass_Shopping_Trolley_A_SS_1.jpg?i10c=img.resize(width:480,height:480)

Edited by Macdemon

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

I hired this today, so saved around £5,500 :-)

20171006_154453.jpg

20171006_185227.jpg

OOOOOO, VERY nice APO sense there Lady Elanore.     :kiss:

12 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

OOOOOO, VERY nice APO sense there Lady Elanore.     :kiss:

I was terrified that the lovely John Willis  (Manchester Calumet) would upsell me with interest free credit and I would be walking out of the shop, bankrupt, but with a nice lens :D

He did me a nice deal on a monopod though so I saved £15 (my old monopod baulked at the idea of a big lens plus camera and grip.....and an idiot like me leaning on it) 

Its a 300mm f2.8II for those interested :) 

Edited by Lady Elanore

The front element is waaaaaaaay back,  roughly were the knurled knob on the hood is. It's a rental and the cost of a filter would be more than the deposit :D Even if you/Kitten could get me a good saving on one

I should add that the lens uses a drop-in filter at the other end :)

Edited by Lady Elanore

• 4 weeks later...

Well today i saved an amount of money by not using a "spend x get y off" coupon.

Because the item making up 75% of the total spend required only scanned at 25% of its marked cost..

The checkout lady's response - well thats what it scanned as... say nothing"

• Like 1