Memory Seat via key

Sk1

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has managed to programme the memory function of the drivers seat to a non-kessy key. 

I have tried following the instructions in the manual, reading the posts on this forum, but just don't seem to be getting anywhere. 

I would appreciate any step by step guides please.

Thanking you all in advance. 

Possibly the same as Superb II

1. Us one key in the lock of the car - turn to position 1 (not starting engine)

2. Set seat into position

3. Press a seat setting number

4. Press set

5 remove key

6 Use other key and follow steps 1-5

Try the 1st key out - the seat should move

I don't think you need to set up a driver profile, but 'personalisation' needs to be turned on in settings. 

Set the seat to the position you want, press (don't hold) the set button, then press the number you want to set. You should hear the confirmation bong. Job done. 

However, if you set the seat position all the way back and all the way down, it will not store this position, but will move the seat upwards and forwards every time you unlock the car. 

4 hours ago, daveo138 said:

However, if you set the seat position all the way back and all the way down, it will not store this position, but will move the seat upwards and forwards every time you unlock the car. 

This has been doing my head in. I set my seat all the way back and all the way down. Why would it not store this position?

I just assumed it worked by

Open with one key

Hit Set with one press followed by M -1

Open with second key

Hit Set with one press followed by M -2

The feature I would like to see more than anything is unlock and the seats move backwards and down allowing easier access then once the ignition is turned on everything moves back to the position recognized by the key

......I am not especially tall and don't have long legs so I often find my knees getting wedged under the steering wheel when getting in.....and I also want to try and avoid rubbing the slide bolster and seat back edge as much as possible to reduce wear. Climbing into the seat rather sliding across it would be my preferred option.

I am sure I've read it is possible to do this but I can't find the post....

9 hours ago, Fatso said:

This has been doing my head in. I set my seat all the way back and all the way down. Why would it not store this position?

The reason the Skoda tech gave me was that I had gone beyond the parameters of the motors!  Go figure. 

I have had to turn off personalisation in order to stop the bl**dy thing moving every time I unlock the car. 

2 hours ago, daveo138 said:

The reason the Skoda tech gave me was that I had gone beyond the parameters of the motors!  Go figure. 

I have had to turn off personalisation in order to stop the bl**dy thing moving every time I unlock the car. 

Same here. As much as I liked the idea of personalisation, I'm the driver 95% of the time.

I am having same problem. Unfortunately my wife got to operate the system first. I have set my seat position and once I am in the car and set user to me the seat moves to my position. However it will not operate correctly when using my key fob to open the car. The seat reverts to my wife's position. In my superb it worked everytime. Looks like a trip back to the dealer.

u can go into the "Personalization" menu and manually assign a User to a particualr key.

this way, everytime you unlock via your key fob, it will load your user settings.

Not sure if this helps ? I havent done this myself,so cannot be specific; this is just a copy of the section from the manual

On Infotainment, press the CAR button, then tap on the function surface “Personalisation.”

Adjusting

Key assignment: - options for assigning the vehicle key to the user account:

Manual - detected vehicle key must be assigned to the active user account

manually

Automatic - detected vehicle key automatically assigned to a different account of the active user account

Assign vehicle key to current user account - manual assignment of the detected vehicle key to the active user account - follow the instructions on the Infotainment screen

Reset all - reset the personalisation and the user accounts to factory settings

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:14, daveo138 said:

Me too, it was driving me up the wall having to reset the seat every time despite having set up personalisation.