The story of the famous DQ200 clutch slip...

krigl

I do. i read them all and with a photographic memory remember where without a search function.. 

All about being bullet proof.  Well they are except when not.   And those need addressing.  Few in numbers, but a continuing issue.

I read how seldom VW & other Technicians see DSG issues / faults and deal with them.

So just ask Rod McLeod how many DQ200 DSG Warranty Claims and failures across the brands have been paid for, 

and how many rejected, he will know the numbers.  Passenger cars & light commercials, Caddy's etc.

http://carandvanfunding.co.uk/vw-sales-chief-rod-mcleods-to-head-skoda-uk 

Global issues, few in numbers / percentage, but real.

2009-2013, 2013-2015 and 2015 on to 2018.

Not some internet myth.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/363360-dsg7-noise-when-changing-gears/?page2 

Some say 'No issues with mine'  then get a software update and say 'never had any issues with mine', 

well they had the Software Update done, because luckily they were told about it. Not all are, not all use Main Dealers for Servicing.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/424484-dsg7-software-update 

Edited by AwaoffSki

Well clearly your photographic memory is not as good as it used to be otherwise you would see that we actually mostly agree. LIke many, half the time I dunno what you are going on about! By the way I've seen all your links that you post to and some are of no value at all, just unofficial stuff and theories rather than hard evidence. Interesting none the less and form part of any investigation when looking for facts. But not sure you know that it's best to look out the window from time to time to see what's really going on. I'm out of here for now until my car get's it's updated clutch.

• Haha 1

In Denmark Skoda has finally accepted the problem..... and now.... after years of denial.... they say they have a solution with a new update clutch and software 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MadsB said:

In Denmark Skoda has finally accepted the problem..... and now.... after years of denial.... they say they have a solution with a new update clutch and software 

Well, i hope you get your fixed, but don't make party yet, because on German forums they said new clutch + sw started slip again after 2000km

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/probleme-mit-dsg-7-gang-t5390018.html?page=248#post52773975

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/dsg-im-1-6-tdi-3-5-gang-rutscht-t5036409.html?page=37#post52796339

I don't know exact post number... But there are alot to read.

Edit: Found one on page 34 : "I drove since clutch replacement for the newest TPI about 800 km. And it started at 700 km"

Edited by n1tro

The Cure

After one set of new clutches starting to fail again within 3000 miles there has to be a cure. With less than 5 months Manufacturers Warranty left time is not on my side

My cure was a brand new Skoda Fabia MK3 Estate SEL 1ltr tsi110 DSG.  This time with 5 year warranty, that should give me a bit of security. To be fair I did 50k miles in my old DSG Yeti and the wife has one of the first Mk3 Fabias on a 64 plate with over 25k on the clock and the DSG box have not given any problems.

Newone.jpg

Hello everyone.

I am from Portugal and i have some problems with my Golf 1.6TDI Dq200 like all of you.

Just to inform my car have 260 000 km :D:D

Well i have the car since 230 000 km and after a month tha i bought i start feeling the 4th and 6th gear sliping a lot when i was entering on highways to getting speed. The feeling was like a manual gearbox with a really used clutch. 

I use vcds and i saw an error like " clutch nº2 limited overtaked" . It make senses 2nd clutch  is for even gears. So lets try to find a new clutch kit. 

Here in Portugal the dont sell clutches....They just sell an entire gearbox :angry::speechless:. To be honest i didnt ask the price.

So in a online parts store i found the clutch kit and i instaled with a friend. He have the LUK tools to set that stupid big washers. After a big fight to install the gearbox in the car i readjusted the clutches with VCDS

The first 2000km was really nice but after that i started having the same problem has all of you, but now on 3rd and 5fth gear just when cold, and after 30 km the things get really better.

The gauge jumps like 100 or 150 revs.

This just occur when you normally accelerating to gain speed...

after months like this and doing a big gymnastic to avoid the clutch slip now i think is slipin in 4rd aswell...

I will try if my turbo tubes have some leaks because for me it just make sens....

Reggards everyone

Welcome. 

When was your car / dsg built?

Clutch packs are available for delivery anyplace in the world.

VW Group are a Global Company.

There are 28 various DQ200 DSG for different engine / applications, 

so your DSG / Software is slightly different from a DQ200 for a 1.4 TDI 3 Cylinder Fabia, 

or a 1.0 / 1.2 TSI.   Same issues though it seems as some have.

Edited by AwaoffSki

OK, 

so the issues the DQ200 that were part of the World Wide Recall had 2013, or the European 'Service Campaign'.

They changed Synthetic Oil for Mineral and did a Software Update, some got new ECU's.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign 

There is a pinned thread at the top of the Fabia Mk2 Section that has members with the similar or identical fault you have.

Same kind of threads / posts with DQ200 fitted to 1.6TDI & 1.2 TSIs in the Octavia Mk2 Section & Mk2 Superb sections.

Also in the Yeti section for fitted to 1.2 TSI's.

The new / refurbished DQ200 can be delivered to Portugal, but so can replacement MCU or Clutch Packs. 

If VW Dealerships are not interested in fitting them then that is a different thing, and if VW Group dealers only want to fit New DSG's, 

is that what they do when VW Warranty claims are made?

Edited by AwaoffSki

I would check.

It was a World Wide Recall, other than not all around the World were they recalled, some countries nearer to Germany got Service Campaign.

There was a Service Campaign in Portugal, just not all DQ200 were part of it if VW Group knew they had Mineral Oil in from the Factory.

• Like 1

Sorry i can not check yours you need to give your VIN or Registration to VW. 

There used to be a VW VIN Checker that was global, but that went AWAL a few years back i think.

I spoke with people in the past from Portugal that had the Service Campaign work on Skoda & SEAT Twinchargers with the DQ200

& i knew a UK member that lived there part of the year and had his cars DSG done there.

On 3/15/2018 at 17:43, MadsB said:

Mads - how do you know this? Is there a link you can share?
I am in DK too, and I havn't seen that Skoda have accepted officially.. I hope they have, because I have the issue myself, so I would be very thankfull if you could share some kind of link or document, which will make it easier to talk to Skoda?

Is there a TPI on this - perhaps it is the 2050318/2 - does anyone know what it says? 

Mads - you can PM me if you like (in danish) but i think people here in the blog would like to see it too. 

På forhånd tak ;)

Edited by GKE

2 hours ago, GKE said:

Mads - how do you know this? Is there a link you can share?
I am in DK too, and I havn't seen that Skoda have accepted officially.. I hope they have, because I have the issue myself, so I would be very thankfull if you could share some kind of link or document, which will make it easier to talk to Skoda?

Is there a TPI on this - perhaps it is the 2050318/2 - does anyone know what it says? 

Mads - you can PM me if you like (in danish) but i think people here in the blog would like to see it too. 

På forhånd tak ;)

I saw this new TPI 2050318/2 then I contacted Skoda and with no hassle at all they ordered a new clutchpack and booked the in for 4.april.

Out of the blue I got a mail from Lone (chief tech) FDM that skoda was in the progress of installing new clutches that reportedly will fix the sliding clutch problem 

• Like 1

Technical Product Information (TPI), 

I am pretty sure that your country will have this also available. They do not start a TPI and TSBs in whole world at same time. I live in europe and we are getting this TPI in coming weaks. It is not official yet in our country. 

1 hour ago, MadsB said:

I saw this new TPI 2050318/2 then I contacted Skoda and with no hassle at all they ordered a new clutchpack and booked the in for 4.april.

Out of the blue I got a mail from Lone (chief tech) FDM that skoda was in the progress of installing new clutches that reportedly will fix the sliding clutch problem 

Wow this is great news! I guess you are FDM member since you were contacted?

I guess FDM/Skoda do not contact each and one of us Skoda owners by own initiative... I actually have an appointment tomorrow at Skoda - interesting if they mention the TPI (or else I will) :)