STOLEN - Black Octavia VRS

Sorry if this is not allowed but want to get the message out.

My Black Octavia VRS was stolen by true key last night at 03:52 hours. Taken after my house was broken into and key stolen. Location Blackwood, South Lanaarkshire. Reg plate SM63JKV. 

Please keep an eye out. 

All mk3 owners please be aware of your plates being stolen or used as a clone, as this is the likely outcome of the vehicle. 

Thanks

20171023_180824.jpg

20171023_133544.jpg

• Sad 6

It was stolen at the time. Kitchen window smashed, baddie ran in and took the key. By the time I ran down stairs he was in my car. Looked outside to see it driving off. 

Was decorating so sat sat the key on the kitchen worktop. Oppsite side of the room from all windows. 

Happens all all the time in West coast Scotland. If I hid the keys, they usually just come up the stairs with a knife and demand them. So it’s better that they got the key the way the did. Not worth risking my family for a car. Despite being the best car I have ever owned. 

They only wanted the car car as well. My wallet was sitting next to it.

Sorry mate :(

So aggressive, a knife for a car stealing. Here where I live, they just steal the car w/o keys, which makes me feel I live in a 'lucky' country, at least no violence for this.

Do they resell them or break down for parts?

Is it because it's vRS (far more attractive) or not? Never thought Skoda is being on the radar.

1 hour ago, xenomorph86 said:

It was stolen at the time. Kitchen window smashed, baddie ran in and took the key. By the time I ran down stairs he was in my car. Looked outside to see it driving off. 

Was decorating so sat sat the key on the kitchen worktop. Oppsite side of the room from all windows. 

Happens all all the time in West coast Scotland. If I hid the keys, they usually just come up the stairs with a knife and demand them. So it’s better that they got the key the way the did. Not worth risking my family for a car. Despite being the best car I have ever owned. 

They only wanted the car car as well. My wallet was sitting next to it.

Completely agree, I see lots of people suggesting to hide keys upstairs etc. But not worth the risk to yourself and family over a bit of metal at the end of the day.

Absolute scumbags hope everything is sorted without too much hassle to you.

If they are ever caught they will get treated like they are in a hotel in police custody. Well looked after. Food, drinks and blankets etc. 

No deterrent from committing crime. Only decent people are scared of the police nowadays 

• Like 3

Thanks for the responses. Please share any details to make this the most known Octavia in the country. 

Never hide your keys. Place them out of sight of a window but never to hard to find. They will come amd get you if they really want your car. 

Also never heard of Skodas being nicked. But since they are just as powerful now as the desirables then i suppose they are now on the list with VW, Audi and the Fordt ST/RS models. 

It is probably best that they were away before you got down to them. You only have to look at the case of the guy that was run over and killed by the toe-rag that was stealing his RS4.

Metal you can replace and they don't see any sense when high on something while stealing it. By all accounts he was only going to get £500 for the car but was prepared to wilfully drive over the owner to get it.

I'm far from advocating you just let them have what they want, but you have to be so careful using any kind of force, especially if they are deemed to have been 'leaving'

Just glad no-one was hurt and well done to the mods for making it a sticky for a bit. 

5 hours ago, flybynite said:

It is probably best that they were away before you got down to them. You only have to look at the case of the guy that was run over and killed by the toe-rag that was stealing his RS4.

Metal you can replace and they don't see any sense when high on something while stealing it. By all accounts he was only going to get £500 for the car but was prepared to wilfully drive over the owner to get it.

I'm far from advocating you just let them have what they want, but you have to be so careful using any kind of force, especially if they are deemed to have been 'leaving'

Just glad no-one was hurt and well done to the mods for making it a sticky for a bit. 

you keep a louisville slugger by the bed if he gets outside just drag him back in to the house and knocka few home runs out of the park. Anyone fitted a tracker? tech is v cheap and easy now.

Edited by JohnnyType2

6 minutes ago, xenomorph86 said:

Hi everyone. That’s my car been found. Members public got in touch after seeing all the Facebook posts that I put out. Found in Carluke. A few streets away from an Audi Q7 that was found after being stolen the same night.

It was left to see if a tracker was fitted as that’s the usual method of the pro thieves round about.

safe to say a tracker will be fitted now.

car is off to forensics. Hopefully get some identification from prints or dna hopefully. 

Anyone know now how much new keys, coding and locks are fitted?

any damage done?

good job getting it back

Very pleased to hear you got it back. I guy I know who lives next door to a police detective told him to never buy an Audi as they get stolen so often in Edinburgh. Vrs is an attractive car too !

1 hour ago, xenomorph86 said:

Anyone know now how much new keys, coding and locks are fitted?

insurance should cover that cost.

Great that you got the car back.

BTW real professional car thieves put stolen cars into a metal shipping container with the car battery disconnected for long enough for the backup battery on any tracking device to go flat. They also know that tracking devices are fitted in one of very few locations (by lazy installers) in any model of car. So tracking devices won't stop real professionals stealing a car to order.

16 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

BTW real professional car thieves put stolen cars into a metal shipping container with the car battery disconnected for long enough for the backup battery on any tracking device to go flat. They also know that tracking devices are fitted in one of very few locations (by lazy installers) in any model of car. So tracking devices won't stop real professionals stealing a car to order.

True. However you can screen some less motivated ones w/ additional measurements such as trackers, OBD connect reconfiguration, etc .. 

4 minutes ago, TTodorov said:

True. However you can screen some less motivated ones w/ additional measurements such as trackers, OBD connect reconfiguration, etc .. 

Agree 100%.