Euro 6

3 hours ago, Rokitron said:

Hi all.

I am looking to buy an octavia vrs tdi dsg Mk 111, from which year or model does the euro 6 version start?

I think it was '64 plates? Not too sure, I've a 65 and that is EU6

There's a table near the end of this RAC page which has dates

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know-how/euro-emissions-standards/

Edited by courty

10 hours ago, threadbear said:

Euro 6 came into play with 15 reg. Or possibly 64 reg in September 2014. But certainly 15 reg. 

Is there anywhere to find out?  

My 2015 2.0TDI, registered in the UK July 2015 I think is Euro 5, not Euro 6.  

I have looked in my VC5 and it does not plainly say "Euro 5 / Euro 6", however I think it is Euro 5 due to the car having no Adblue and the NOx emissions being 0.124g/km, which I believe is above that required of a Euro 6?

I thought it started from second half of 2015 so I would assume MY16. Trouble identifying is in the fact it’s the build week over registration week that needs to be known. I would expect most 65 plates onwards are EU6 but there are always exceptions.

I think it it coincided with the second generation Amundsen/Bolero units that were Apple car play compatible.

I definitely recall thinking I should have waited a year. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BNT1985 said:

I have looked in my VC5 and it does not plainly say "Euro 5 / Euro 6", however I think it is Euro 5 due to the car having no Adblue and the NOx emissions being 0.124g/km, which I believe is above that required of a Euro 6?

Mine is a 65-plate, doesn't have adblue and V5 says EU6 :)

Pretty certain it's only some Superbs which have adblue 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, courty said:

Mine is a 65-plate, doesn't have adblue and V5 says EU6 :)

Pretty certain it's only some Superbs which have adblue 

Where on the V5 does it specify euro emissions? I can't find it.

Mine is a 15 plate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BNT1985 said:

Where on the V5 does it specify euro emissions? I can't find it.

Mine is a 15 plate.

From what I can remember it's near the bit where it tells you about the car i.e. Axles and the engine size. 

I'll dig it it out later and post a pic. 

3 hours ago, courty said:

From what I can remember it's near the bit where it tells you about the car i.e. Axles and the engine size. 

I'll dig it it out later and post a pic. 

Just had a look at my V5, nothing was on there - don't know where I've read EU6  recently; could've sworn it was the V5...unless it was my road fund renewal?!?

In terms of NOx output my car reads 0.067g/km - so a 3mth difference in terms of registration and they change the emissions :thumbup:

6 hours ago, courty said:

Just stumbled on this site, I wouldn't pay an emissions charge if I visited the capital : https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/check-your-vehicle

"You are subject to the ULEZ.  

From 8 April 2019 if you travel in the ULEZ you will need to pay the daily ULEZ charge. This is because your vehicle does not meet the ULEZ standards*."

Go me! :dull:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BNT1985 said:

"You are subject to the ULEZ.  

From 8 April 2019 if you travel in the ULEZ you will need to pay the daily ULEZ charge. This is because your vehicle does not meet the ULEZ standards*."

Go me! :dull:

Congrats! Just go on your bicycle instead

On 10/11/2017 at 19:19, snowjoe said:

I thought it started from second half of 2015 so I would assume MY16.

All cars were required to be EU6 from September 2015. All Octavias were EU6 from MY16, which started with cars built from the end of May 2015, but some models were already EU6 before that. I'll try to remember to dig out an old PDF brochure to have a look.

In the January and April 2015 brochures, the 1.8 and 2.0 TSI are both listed as EU6. The two diesels fitted to the Scout are also listed as EU6, but other models fitted with apparently the same engines are only EU5. This would apply for at least MY15.5 and probably MY15.

So I think the answer to the OP's question is MY16, which is cars built (not sold or registered) from the last week of May 2015 onwards, which will be some 15 plates, most 65 plates and all 16 plates (unless an MY15 car spent at least 8 months in storage before being registered).

• Like 1

Just now, Rodge said:

So I think the answer to the OP's question is MY16, which is cars built (not sold or registered) from the last week of May 2015 onwards, which will be some 15 plates, most 65 plates and all 16 plates (unless an MY15 car spent at least 8 months in storage before being registered).

Sounds about right, my MY15 1.4TSI was built in the last week of April 2015 and is a EURO5, but wasn't registered until July 2015.

Mine was built in Oct 2014 and is Euro 6. You can't extrapolate the Euro rating from other engines. Rokitron specified a VRS diesel DSG.

Now I've checked with TfL's site, which says mine is Euro 5. I wish I'd not started looking now!

And now I've checked with the original configurator when I ordered the vehicle. The configurator gave a build date of 18 September 2014 - it was eventually built in October 2014 and registered November 2014 - and it clearly says Euro 6. If it isn't Euro 6, I'm going to be extremely unhappy!

Edited by TheOctaviator
Further information uncovered

2 hours ago, TheOctaviator said:

Mine was built in Oct 2014 and is Euro 6. You can't extrapolate the Euro rating from other engines. Rokitron specified a VRS diesel DSG.

Now I've checked with TfL's site, which says mine is Euro 5. I wish I'd not started looking now!

And now I've checked with the original configurator when I ordered the vehicle. The configurator gave a build date of 18 September 2014 - it was eventually built in October 2014 and registered November 2014 - and it clearly says Euro 6. If it isn't Euro 6, I'm going to be extremely unhappy!

How do we know TfL's info is accurate? Where are they getting their info? Typical...probably a ba11s up!

Apparently it may say on the sticker in the car frame:

http://www.urbanaccessregulations.eu/low-emission-zones-main/what-emissions-standard-is-my-vehicle

There was a standards overlap between EU5 and EU6 - depending on new vehicle approval (think new model, facelift or updated engine) circa Sept 2015 and the hard deadline date when all new vehicles needed EU6 approval Sept 2016.

Hopefully they will get the correct data source so early EU6 vehicles will be allowed, rather than just basing it on date.

• 7 months later...
On 14/11/2017 at 23:26, Rokitron said:

There is a free new search feature on the hpi check service. If you google hpi emissions checker you will find it, just type in your reg number and it tells you which euro spec you have. 

Neat. 

https://www.hpi.co.uk/content/diesel-news-the-future-of-diesel/hpi-euro-emission-standards-checker/

• Like 1