Dealer recommendations?

LeeSaunders

Hi All,

So, I've been extremely pleased with my new Yeti and previously also pleased with my wife's Fabia, which it is coming up to time to change. Can anyone recommend a dealership that is going to be keen on price and unlikely to give me any hiccups on collection? I'll be ordering a new Fabia Monte Carlo probably for the '18 reg. I'll trade in the previous Fabia if it helps the deal or hand it back to Skoda if not as it was "purchased" on a PCP.
Thanks for any suggestions in advance,
Lee

I've had some really good dealings with Horton Skoda in Lincoln recently, both with the Lease-deal on my Superb, and also for the purchase of my wife's Citigo Monte Carlo.

I dealt with Paul Hewitt for the lease-deal, and then Jim (James) Scott for the purchase of the Citigo, both dealt with mainly via email etc, and no hassles.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Cant say I agree about Hortons service department especially, but Westgate at Grimsby do excellent deals, and their after-care and service is very good too.

A couple of years ago I phoned WestGate Skoda in Grimsby to look at a Superb 20Ltr Tsi and have a test drive. We arranged a time, we arrived on time, had a look around the car and then asked for a test drive. The needle on the fuel gauge was well into the red. 5 miles showed in the milage range on maxi-dot. I commented on the amout of fuel in the tank, the reply was  "  we won't be going very far, down to the rounderbout and back "  we were unable to have a decent test drive. The following day I phoned the dealers  head salesman to complain but he didn't seem that bothered. 180mile round trip and a wasted day.  Never again will my feet walk into that dealership.

Our last 4 cars have come from Rainworths Skoda in Mansfield, Excellent dealership, 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2017 at 18:02, LeeSaunders said:

Hi All,

So, I've been extremely pleased with my new Yeti and previously also pleased with my wife's Fabia, which it is coming up to time to change. Can anyone recommend a dealership that is going to be keen on price and unlikely to give me any hiccups on collection? I'll be ordering a new Fabia Monte Carlo probably for the '18 reg. I'll trade in the previous Fabia if it helps the deal or hand it back to Skoda if not as it was "purchased" on a PCP.
Thanks for any suggestions in advance,
Lee

suggest go with carwow, its a good bat to use to get most discount out of Skoda dealers as they are very tight!

I visited both Bristos in Ipswich and Vindis in Bury St Edmunds for my latest purchase and ended up buying from Bristos.  Dominic McIvor was nice to deal with (unlike various sales people at local VW and Seat dealerships) and was happy for me to take an Octavia on a test drive for a couple of hours.  Once he realised I wasn't interested in GAP insurance, tyre insurance, paint protection and upholstery protection, no more was mentioned regarding these products and the relevant boxes were simply ticked on the on-screen form when I collected the vehicle.  My kind of sales person! 

The sales person at Vindis was OK but couldn't match the price from Bristos.  This is my third Skoda from Bristos and although it's sad they are now part of the Marriott group and not an independent concern, my most recent experience was fine.  My only slight criticism is that on all three occasions the car has been changed to fixed servicing despite my insistence that it should remain on variable.  At least this time I checked before I left the dealership and Dominic quickly rectified it.

HTH

I had a great experience with Skoda North Wales.

Part of the Sytner Group, who I also work for at a supercar dealership. I didn't mention that I worked for the group until very late in the negotiating stage and they were excellent throughout for the purchase of my car. One thing they didn't tell me, sadly, was that it's an ex hire car. I only realised that when I went to pair my phone via bluetooth and found it had been paired with about 30 phones previously... one of the names was Hertz Sucks.

Otherwise, very good experience.

• 1 month later...
On 15/11/2017 at 08:30, LeeSaunders said:

Hi and thanks for the welcome. I'm in North Essex, Holland on Sea and yes, provided the negotiating can be done online, I'd travel.

Lee

I used to get good service from a dealer in Little Clacton, but I think they are not a main dealer anymore. Underwood's in Colchester can make a good deal of you press them. Eastbourne Skoda come in very competitively on Carwow.

Hi Chris, thanks for that. Yes, the people in Little Clacton (Hayes) are more of a service centre now, although they sell nearly new Skodas. I've found Colchester to be VERY resistant to discounting. In the end I went with Rainworth. Only problem so far has been the wait, won't be getting it till Mar 1st.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Did you find a good dealer in the end? I'm orderiing another Fabia in December/January 2019 and would value an update please.

Rainworth Skoda. A firm a long way from me so the car was delivered on trailer. No one could or would come near them on price. Seem like a good bunch over the phone. Only blemish was my car was delivered with wrong number plates. They sorted this very promptly though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Experienced real problems with Hortons in Lincoln not getting the basics of good customer service right. They solved our issue in the end though (the important bit) so mixed feelings about them. Great car they sold us though. 

Edited by Luptonian

I have just had excellent service from Simpsons in Colne, Lancashire. I saw the car on car gurus on the Friday night, test drove it on the Saturday and placed a deposit on it, the only delay I had was waiting for the V5c coming back. Good trade in value for my 15 plate sel estate. 

Ben was the person I dealt with, couldn't be more helpful and hospitable.