Vrs 245 production stopped

OliR

This sounds like Skoda have decided they have sold enough VRS245 at discount to the leasing and broker companies and now want to make better margins by selling through the dealerships!

2 minutes ago, Steveker said:

This sounds like Skoda have decided they have sold enough VRS245 at discount to the leasing and broker companies and now want to make better margins by selling through the dealerships!

My local dealer said this afternoon that it's just 'stock' orders from dealers (not customer orders) that are being paused (and then only for a while), as lead times are getting a bit long. Doesn't really sound like a big issue after all. 

• Like 1

From what a broker told me the leasing brokers (well one I used) have a agreement with the dealer to sell a car at a certain discount, then they make a deal with a finance company, when agreed the dealer themselves order the car.  The dealer who ordered mine is 30 mine away and the order form has them as the authorising dealership.  As far as Skoda knows it is a customer ordering via a dealer as per normal. 

A load of hoohah over nothing so! Spoke to my dealer too, hoping to have a build week tomorrow. Unfortunately my current Skoda got rear ended this morning so it will be devalued a bit now as a result :sadsmile:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, buaan said:

From what a broker told me the leasing brokers (well one I used) have a agreement with the dealer to sell a car at a certain discount, then they make a deal with a finance company, when agreed the dealer themselves order the car.  The dealer who ordered mine is 30 mine away and the order form has them as the authorising dealership.  As far as Skoda knows it is a customer ordering via a dealer as per normal. 

The lease and broker companies get their discounts from 2 sources, yes you are correct they all place their orders through certain dealers where they get a better discount depending on how many orders they place.  The second discount comes from the manufacturer and is linked to how many orders they commit to, if they meet their usually quarterly targets, they receive a big chunk of money from the manufacturer.  It is obviously the second discount that has been removed because as I suspect Skoda want to make a bigger margin on each car.   

• Thanks 1

Skoda probably do it when they launch a new derivative i.e. VRS245, the idea is to kick start car sales then when they have hit their launch target they reign the discounts back in to achieve proper margins.  Historically Ford and Vauxhall used to do it to maintain market share, very much like the supermarkets do.  When I used to work for one of the lease companies, we set up a company in Jersey just to buy cars through that company and ship them back to the UK to save the VAT.

20 minutes ago, Steveker said:

Skoda probably do it when they launch a new derivative i.e. VRS245, the idea is to kick start car sales then when they have hit their launch target they reign the discounts back in to achieve proper margins.  Historically Ford and Vauxhall used to do it to maintain market share, very much like the supermarkets do.  When I used to work for one of the lease companies, we set up a company in Jersey just to buy cars through that company and ship them back to the UK to save the VAT.

Fair point but the PCP rates on the pre FL was 0% and that was one year + before the FL. 

13 minutes ago, Rich_N said:

Yes, last Monday. I had to order a 230 instead.

Sorry to hear that. My question was posed when the situation was much less clear, but did you get the impression the 245 was withdrawn or not available for a while?

56 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Fair point but the PCP rates on the pre FL was 0% and that was one year + before the FL. 

yep,  my 230 is on a 0% PCP deal but I intend to keep it. Oh! and did I mention the 17.5% discount, also applied to the Primer paint Meteor grey and the Pan Roof.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

1 hour ago, Tim1631 said:

£32,000!!

Madness

23 minutes ago, Orville said:

You can get a new Golf R for several grand less than that. You'll miss out on the ice-scraper and a bit of rear space, but you'll gain 4WD, 65HP, and a quirky dash.

To be fair the Golf hatch is way smaller....& that car has the leather & big sat nav options...which are the most costly out of those listed....

So Golf estate "R" used 9,500 miles, July 2016, "Pro" sat nav..£23,995....

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/20-tsi-r-300ps-dsg-estate-fkbjz9a

Or better still, Nov 2017 MK7.5 facelift with 1,645miles...leather, winter pack, sat nav (not the big one), LED headlights, lane assist, rear view camera, keyless, & metallic paint....so only diff is not big screen & no rear seat air bags...& 1,645miles...all for the same price...£31,990

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/mk7-facelift-20-tsi-r-4motion-ss-310ps-dsg-estate-fkbkxz5

Or how about this one, including the fancy digital dash..leather, sat nav, 500miles, for £31,491......available from the 30th March 2018...

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/mk7-facelift-20-tsi-r-4m-ss-310ps-dsg-est-tdbjaub

I think I know what I would rather have...for the money..

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, berry78 said:

Ordered my 245 DSG estate early November 2017 and been told it will be ready to pick up next week Friday or Saturday 9th or 10th March

Ordered one at around the same time, 245 manual hatch in primer, and still have no build date, it just doesn't make sense when they build them!

2 hours ago, Orville said:

You can get a new Golf R for several grand less than that. You'll miss out on the ice-scraper and a bit of rear space, but you'll gain 4WD, 65HP, and a quirky dash.

And the joy of getting woke up by someone getting your keys to take the must have criminal car