Vrs 245 production stopped

OliR

18 minutes ago, stepdavi said:

And the joy of getting woke up by someone getting your keys to take the must have criminal car

Not totally correct....that's BMW's, Mercs & Land Rovers ..mainly in the big SUV's....top 10 here:-

https://www.whatcar.com/news/the-most-stolen-cars-in-the-uk-4/

No VAG cars...in the top 10..

Look on forums like pistonheads.  I'm not stupid enough to suggest scum only target golfs with 4 tail pipes but some disturbing storied shared on there. Don't get me wrong when I hand 245 back I'd love a golf r wagon but the workshy thieving scum are making me think other ways.

1 hour ago, stepdavi said:

And the joy of getting woke up by someone getting your keys to take the must have criminal car

A Fiat 500 would be a safer bet than a VRS or R if you are concerned about thieves taking it. You can fit a lot of booty inside an Octavia.

10 hours ago, stepdavi said:

Look on forums like pistonheads.  I'm not stupid enough to suggest scum only target golfs with 4 tail pipes but some disturbing storied shared on there. Don't get me wrong when I hand 245 back I'd love a golf r wagon but the workshy thieving scum are making me think other ways.

Loads of GTD, GTI, R all getting stolen like mad...but that's according to the thread count on the Golf forums, so of course you will read about it...

Get any sporty top end version of any car & it'll attract attention....if you are that worried don't get a VRS...& don't fit fancy 18/19 inch alloys either....

1 hour ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Tracker's top 10 stolen & recovered in 2017, courtesy of a LinkedIn post I saw:

Skewed a bit as it only represents those fitted with a Tracker, and recovered, but interesting nonetheless.

So the list is those who are paranoid enough to fit a tracker...& VAG in 9th & 10th...with loads of big SUV, BMW, LR etc at the top as per the list I posted...

LR defenders are top 10 ATM for getting nicked as they have shot up in value & the replacement is years away & production has stopped....

A list of most stolen and recovered is not the same as most stolen and not recovered.

Many would rather not get them back after ragged to death and having an Insurance Cat to do repairs.

A Mk1 Fabia vRS is at more risk of theft than a nearly new Skoda / Octavia, even a vRS.

Ordered a VRS 230 in Feb after the 245 orders closed, was really disappointing not to get a 245 (although I'm sure the 230 will still be lovely).

With my 230 probably not arriving until May (if the build even gets confirmed at this late stage in the model year  - prov build date April 16th) I'm tempted to cancel and hold out for the 2019 245.

According to Skoda chat this will start production mid 2018 (the 2019 model year start) so in theory orders should be open pretty soon...if I'm early I could potentially get the model I wanted all along (and the newest version at that) only a month or so later.

Will keep an eye on the Skoda news..

Edited by Snowfall

36 minutes ago, Snowfall said:

Ordered a VRS 230 in Feb after the 245 orders closed, was really disappointing not to get a 245 (although I'm sure the 230 will still be lovely).

With my 230 probably not arriving until May (if the build even gets confirmed at this late stage in the model year  - prov build date April 16th) I'm tempted to cancel and hold out for the 2019 245.

According to Skoda chat this will start production mid 2018 (the 2019 model year start) so in theory orders should be open pretty soon...if I'm early I could potentially get the model I wanted all along (and the newest version at that) only a month or so later.

Will keep an eye on the Skoda news..

Sounds excatly like my situation. I was very close to ordering a 230 in feb, but decided to wait.

Looks like i made the right choice, but i am finding it very frustrating how we seem to be getting drips and drabs of information here and there.

Surely now the car has been shown at Geneva they will confirm spec and order dates soon??!

Every other time something new and exciting has been announced (at Geneva or elsewhere) it's always taken Skoda UK a long time to confirm if and when it will arrive on our shores.

On 3/3/2018 at 18:59, Tim1631 said:

£32,000!!

Madness

£32,000 for an Octavia!!

OK it does have a lot of options but still, that's ridiculous for what is supposed to be VAG's budget manufacturer.
A quick look on Autotrader and for the same money I could buy a 2017 Audi S4 with around 8000 miles on it, I know what I would prefer and where my money would be going, and certainly wouldn't be the Octavia. 

7 minutes ago, butchvrs said:

£32,000 for an Octavia!!

OK it does have a lot of options but still, that's ridiculous for what is supposed to be VAG's budget manufacturer.
A quick look on Autotrader and for the same money I could buy a 2017 Audi S4 with around 8000 miles on it, I know what I would prefer and where my money would be going, and certainly wouldn't be the Octavia. 

Does anyone pay the list price for a new car? 

On 03/03/2018 at 21:05, Mark944gold said:

Ordered one at around the same time, 245 manual hatch in primer, and still have no build date, it just doesn't make sense when they build them!

Where did you order yours from

39 minutes ago, Mark944gold said:

It was ordered from Wings, the Skoda dealer in Peterborough.

I've ordered from them too. I ordered mid October, had unconfirmed build weeks since December. Original promised delivery date to me was early Feb. Currently sat at bw 13. Are you having better luck yet? 

4 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

I've ordered from them too. I ordered mid October, had unconfirmed build weeks since December. Original promised delivery date to me was early Feb. Currently sat at bw 13. Are you having better luck yet? 

I order the first week of November, needed it for end of April when my current lease is due to go back and was told it should be fine and up until beginning of January that was still what I was being told. The case is now being dealt with by Skoda customer services, and I will be extending the lease on my current car on a month by month basis, with the cost of the service and excess mileage being paid by Skoda. I had an update last week and currently have no build week and they could not give me a date of when it would be built by but they have confirmed I will get the car. Your build week must be in the next couple of weeks so hopefully it should be confirmed soon.

3 hours ago, Mark944gold said:

I order the first week of November, needed it for end of April when my current lease is due to go back and was told it should be fine and up until beginning of January that was still what I was being told. The case is now being dealt with by Skoda customer services, and I will be extending the lease on my current car on a month by month basis, with the cost of the service and excess mileage being paid by Skoda. I had an update last week and currently have no build week and they could not give me a date of when it would be built by but they have confirmed I will get the car. Your build week must be in the next couple of weeks so hopefully it should be confirmed soon.

Fingers crossed that they’ll confirm mine soon. I don’t have much faith in them though! At least they’re doing something for you though, Wings told me I had to go direct to Skoda to complain and they won’t do anything until we have firm dates to work with, which is fair enough I guess. I’m going from owned into leasing, so I’ll end up in a similar boat in two years. 

On 03/03/2018 at 21:51, stepdavi said:

Oh, its not just Golf Rs that they pinch!  My pristine 2014 Octy VRS was stolen, by scumbags breaking into my house, to get my keys,specifically to steal my car. I was half asleep on the sofa, heard the front door click on their way out, got to the front door, just in time to see my pride and joy being driven off. Never seen again!

Got a well specced superb 280 sportline, but its not the same, so that will be going. I would trade it for another Octy VRS if order books were open, or someone wanted to swap their 245 VRS! If I could.