RNS 510 West Europe V15

linni

Has anyone managed to install the V15 map update on the columbus?

I downloaded the ISO file, but the Columbus is not happy with the DVD-DL despite imageburn stating no burn error.

Edited by 26DIPP

43 minutes ago, Outrunner said:

Can the maps be upgraded via SD card? Is it just a matter of 'burning' the iso to the SD card?

No. The Columbus doesn't recognise the SD slot as a valid media source to update the maps, only the dvd drive. You need to trick the Columbus into thinking the SD slot is also suitable and load the maps. To do this you need to run a software update procedure using a specific set of instructions. As with any software update it has the possibility of damaging the unit. The procedure is available online, search for "rns510 sd card maps" for some pointers.

Managed to update mine by buying the DVD from a chap as the ones I burnt using Imgburn, Roxio or any other simply wouldn't read in the unit. Took about an hour to complete but I now have V15 maps. Burnt at the slowest speed but every time a fail. Oh well.

On 10/12/2017 at 07:47, andrehj said:

Simply dowload the rar files, unpack them and burn the resulting iso file to a DL DVD+R! Worked perfectly for me.

What software did you use to burn the image file? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I am planning to update the map on my skoda to v15. I have some saved addresses where I was the last year. Is there any way to save those addresses and put it back after the upload is done?

Thanks

48 minutes ago, zotya26 said:

Hi, I am planning to update the map on my skoda to v15. I have some saved addresses where I was the last year. Is there any way to save those addresses and put it back after the upload is done?

Thanks

Fairly sure my POIs were remembered - someone else should confirm if I am correct, don't do it till someone else chimes in.