Anyone else spec the heated steering wheel?

Sw1

It´s an £170 option over here, but since the car is gonna live in a heated garage I´ll save the money. It´s a lovely feature in a cold/frozen car though.

1 hour ago, Bud said:

Wish I'd gone for the heated wheel rather than the paddles

I can count the number of times I've used those paddles on, um, two hands. (I tend to use the shift lever.) 

Also, I've got heated seats, but never think to switch them on! All these luxuries are wasted on me. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

I took paddles and heated heated steering wheel. Paddles are nice when you have icy roads and you need to overtake slower car. 

Heated wheel is just nice. Now it is -25c and wheel is nice and warm.

On 28/02/2018 at 13:41, stecon29 said:

Buy a Pair of good gloves they are cheaper ;) B)

Wear lots of layers and do away with a heater and heated seats too. :tongueout:

• Haha 1

At the beginning of this winter I disabled the heated steering wheel and removed the operational buttons to the front and rear heated seats. In hindsight it was a silly idea to have ordered them. Minus 30 is again pure bliss, like the days of old!

Here the saying goes 'Theres no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes'... I also turned the thermostat off in the house and invested in genuine reindeer fur clothes for the family to wear indoors! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 08/02/2018 at 23:56, freelunch said:

I've got heated seats, but never think to switch them on! All these luxuries are wasted on me. :blush:

What a silly thing to say in light of the past week! I've had the seats switched on even on the short drive to the market. When luxury becomes necessity...

• 2 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old topic but just got my 2016 SE-L Executive and was told it had a heated wheel but I can't find out how to turn it on. 

I've pressed the menu button on the heating but all I get across the bottom of the screen is Off / Settings. 

I don't even get the heated seats options that I've seen above. 

Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, tricky1138 said:

Sorry to drag up an old topic but just got my 2016 SE-L Executive and was told it had a heated wheel but I can't find out how to turn it on. 

I've pressed the menu button on the heating but all I get across the bottom of the screen is Off / Settings.

I don't even get the heated seats options that I've seen above.

Any ideas? 

Not too sure if this has been stated previously but mine is turned on by the driver's heated seat button.

This then also brings up the ability to adjust either the seat or wheel temperature on the infotainment (Columbus).

The seat can also be controlled by repeatedly pressing the on button.

1 hour ago, john999boy said:

Not too sure if this has been stated previously but mine is turned on by the driver's heated seat button.

This then also brings up the ability to adjust either the seat or wheel temperature on the infotainment (Columbus).

The seat can also be controlled by repeatedly pressing the on button.

Hi thanks for that. I knew I came up on the infotainment but it never shows, but neither does the heated seats. 

Are you saying that if I press the heated seats button first, then open the infotainment by pressing the Menu button, then the option for the seats and the wheel then should show up? 

I'll give that a try. Thanks. 

18 minutes ago, tricky1138 said:

Are you saying that if I press the heated seats button first, then open the infotainment by pressing the Menu button, then the option for the seats and the wheel then should show up? 

No additional action is required after initially pressing the heated seat button.

6 minutes ago, john999boy said:

No additional action is required after initially pressing the heated seat button.

Sorry I miss read you. So the heated wheel comes on if I turn the heated seats on? (On any temperature?) 

But also the temperature of either should then show in the infotainment screen? 

15 minutes ago, tricky1138 said:

Sorry I miss read you. So the heated wheel comes on if I turn the heated seats on? (On any temperature?)

But also the temperature of either should then show in the infotainment screen? 

Basically yes.

The steering wheel temperature can only be adjusted by the infotainment whereas the seats can be adjusted by either.

8 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Basically yes.

The steering wheel temperature can only be adjusted by the infotainment whereas the seats can be adjusted by either.

Thanks I'll give it a go in the morning and report back.