Sasha’s Octavia vRS

If you want a local plate, you need a personal one with "EY" on the end! Guaranteed to get let in everywhere on Ynys Mon then!

What engine is in the Merc?

I always fancied an E63 AMG, but couldn't cope with the fuel bills.

• Like 1

Tell me about it! Will probably put the plate that’s on the Merc on the vRS now. A friend of mine from school inherited 2 plates that she sold to cover some uni living costs and I think it covered her a while, plates were 17EY and 26CC. See them around on some posh metal these days.

Its a CLK55 with the M113 5.4 litre N/A V8. It’s a beautiful engine, super smooth and silky with a stunning rumble and a deftly tuned exhaust howl that isn’t obtrusive but is loud enough in the cabin to hear when gunning it. I will miss that, it’s by far and away the best bit of the car. The rest of it is just another Mercedes (nice, but nothing overly special) but the engine is where the value is in these AMG’s. 

Side note, did I spot you crossing the Britannia yesterday? I was heading over to my Dad’s to fit the wheels on :)

36 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Tell me about it! Will probably put the plate that’s on the Merc on the vRS now. A friend of mine from school inherited 2 plates that she sold to cover some uni living costs and I think it covered her a while, plates were 17EY and 26CC. See them around on some posh metal these days.

Its a CLK55 with the M113 5.4 litre N/A V8. It’s a beautiful engine, super smooth and silky with a stunning rumble and a deftly tuned exhaust howl that isn’t obtrusive but is loud enough in the cabin to hear when gunning it. I will miss that, it’s by far and away the best bit of the car. The rest of it is just another Mercedes (nice, but nothing overly special) but the engine is where the value is in these AMG’s. 

Side note, did I spot you crossing the Britannia yesterday? I was heading over to my Dad’s to fit the wheels on :)

Yes probably!! I saw an Estate coming the other way and guessed it might have been you lol! We went home about 2pm ish. Had spent the morning in Tacla Taid with my Mam and Dad.

Both my parents have private "EY" plates, proper locals ;)

• Like 1

So just to sow a little seed of what to do next....I'm a big fan of the (proper) M car stripes, particularly the tri-colour interior stitching on the steering wheel: 

BMW_tri_stitch_mcolor_steeringwheel-480x

Maybe a red and green version for the vRS? :thinking:  This is so much easier when it's other peoples time and money :biggrin:

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Yep it was me :) Haven’t been to Tacla Taid for years! My Dad also has an EYxx MON registration on one of his cars. Most fitting for an islander haha

That's a cracking number plate! Will keep an eye out for it :)

Well worth popping over to Tacla Taid. Nice little museum, and great cake selection in Caffi Nain!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

So just to sow a little seed of what to do next....I'm a big fan of the (proper) M car stripes, particularly the tri-colour interior stitching on the steering wheel: 

BMW_tri_stitch_mcolor_steeringwheel-480x

Maybe a red and green version for the vRS? :thinking:  This is so much easier when it's other peoples time and money :biggrin:

Steering wheel retrim is on the list. Unsure how it’s gunna go as the stitching is silver, but red and green would be good if I could chuck the silver in somewhere. Will contact my trimmer and see what’s what :)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Steering wheel retrim is on the list. Unsure how it’s gunna go as the stitching is silver, but red and green would be good if I could chuck the silver in somewhere. Will contact my trimmer and see what’s what :)

Any chance your trimmer can do a motorbike seats as well? Need mine redone lol 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I’m sure he could. Find Hide’N’Seat trimming on Facebook and tell him Sasha with the AMG Mercedes recommended you :) His name is Simon and his work is stunning.

Awesome thank you :thumbup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Yep it was me :) Haven’t been to Tacla Taid for years! My Dad also has an EYxx MON registration on one of his cars. Most fitting for an islander haha

Lol. All this talk of Wales! I used to live in Amlwch!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks :) Unsure at the moment, either keep for winter or sell. I was just staring on my footwell light install and a bus driver passed me and asked if I had changed the wheels and if I was selling the originals as he was interested for his vRS. I’m waiting for him to contact me with an offer and I’ll make a proper decision then I suppose :D

I’ll give the bus driver a few days (it was so odd, I was just outside and he stopped the bus to talk to me about the car haha) to get in touch and if I hear nothing I’ll clean them up and and send you some pictures. 2 tyres are 6 month old budget tyres and 2 tyres unroadworthy but they were a premium brand. The wheels are OK but the diamond rim is not the best. Would be pretty cheap though, I think I’m realistic about the value. Will drop you a PM once I know what’s going on :)

On 18/06/2018 at 00:13, SashaGrace said:

Interesting, P Zero’s aren’t my first choice either, but they are still a good tyre. Will look at fk510’s when they need changing, thanks :)

Was just browsing... and thought of sharing that Pirelli PZeros were among the worst tyres I had on my oldie VRS. Best tyres (hands down) tried were Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym..

Tomorrow I'll start attacking the Bridgestones found on the car.

• Like 1

I was a fan of P7’s for a while but I had 4 fail on me in a short space of time and I vowed never to buy Pirelli tyres again. These wheels happened to come with P Zero’s and I have to say I have no complaints so far but I gather it’s the wet grip that’s more of an issue. It’s not rained since I fitted them, so that’ll be the test I suppose :)

I had them after the Eagle and I missed the Goodyears really a lot. Both on dry and wet, and even for noise. I can't figure out how the technology gap was so huge... anyway, if you can I'd recommend to try them (they should now come as MkIII !). Ah, BTW, great build!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Thanks :) I’ve hopefully got some time to think about tyres as these are pretty good for now but I am considering my options for when they do need changing and whether to step up to 235/35/19 size...

Yeah just gone 235/35R19 myself with Michelin PS4S, very nice, very sticky, bit noisy 

Not had Eagles myself but, the only people I known with them on "tuned" Octavias don't like them, ok for the average car but, bag of **** on anything tuned.  One member of our SEC Briskoda meets with a 14 plate vRS TDI was happy with his Eagle F1A3 until he fitted a DTUK tuningbox then, he decided they were a bag ****

• Like 1

Strange enough, I (used to) drive very brisky, above all while cornering and they were perfect, anyway to each its own. Of course Michelins are great tyres, but never tried those you mentioned under my foot!

Ah, BTW, my car was remapped B) :biggrin:

Edited by Genoa1893
  • Like 1