Sasha’s Octavia vRS

Awww thanks :) It’s one of those cars that you probably wouldn’t notice anything about until you looked hard. As much as I want to lower it and bolt on some big Bentley wheels, practically has to come first on it as it’s the daily. I’m still fretting about the wheels because they are in such bad shape! Need to decide what to do.

On 16.4.2018 at 15:20, SashaGrace said:

Don’t tempt me, I hate the single exit exhaust! I have to slow the spending down on the vRS as the Mercedes is going for sale and the Skoda spending needs to get in line thanks to a new project starting shortly.

A teaser...

20180430_064525.mp4

• Like 2

On 19/03/2018 at 22:01, SashaGrace said:

With Canton you’d need a new amp from a MIB2 car with Canton and there are some Columbus modules that don’t have DAB. At you have a nice 8 inch screen you don’t need to change.

Oops, I think this must be why I'm getting no sound from my Columbus :blush  Do you know if you can get non-Canton Columbus units that don't need an amp?

• Like 1

I’m not overly familiar with the Canton system, certainly all I’ve heard about it is what I’ve seen on US Golf forums where they are tackling the Fender amp and the consensus is that you need an amp from a MIB2 car to make it work. Does your car have Canton?

Nope, no Canton, when i tried the Columbus unit I just had a sound error. Might have to go with an Amundsen, is your unit a 5q0035874a

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave77 said:

Nope, no Canton, when i tried the Columbus unit I just had a sound error. Might have to go with an Amundsen, is your unit a 5q0035874a

I have no idea what’s what with your Columbus, can only say I have had no issues with my Amundsen and yes, the part number you quote is the one I have.

5 minutes ago, seanbrady49 said:

@SashaGrace i know you were thinking of getting the ngx app, but theres a better one called carbridge, may have to do a wee donation but works alot better!!

I hear that is the case but I only jailbroke my old phone to run it for a laugh really, it works well but it’s not the same as having my phone plugged in. Handy for Paw Patrol on the big screen though haha :)

• Haha 1

Just now, SashaGrace said:

I have no idea what’s what with your Columbus, can only say I have had no issues with my Amundsen and yes, the part number you quote is the one I have.

I hear that is the case but I only jailbroke my old phone to run it for a laugh really, it works well but it’s not the same as having my phone plugged in. Handy for Paw Patrol on the big screen though haha :)

Or My little pony in my case, not sure i'll be telling the kids about it, at least that way i can watch the footy

• Haha 1

I can’t stand My Little Pony, or Peppa Pig. Otherwise I don’t mind children’s TV. I find myself sitting, getting quite engrossed in Thomas the Tank and Paw Patrol. Bought my son a lookout for his birthday which is in a few months (day after mine) and I’m quite excited to play with it myself haha :D

• Haha 1

You can all probably already tell, but I am enjoying a day off today and enjoying getting things done. After this mornings win with the paddles, I popped over to TPS to pick up the drivers carpet mat that finally arrived to complete the set. It was £22, a bit rich for a single mat, but it completes the set and in that respect it’s well worth it. After a thorough scrub down and vacuum (ashamed to show before’s as the interior was akin to a tractor’s, covered in mud) it was time to turn the Octy into summer mode :)

50gxug.jpg

A19_AD980_DE69_4_AA2_8_EC8_C8912380268_A

8_C7_AFA69_A541_4_B8_A_BCDA_E751668_C7_F

D32_C7_A7_A_D49_A_4_FD0_9_E94_0644_C5_B0

51450_A33_2_C0_B_412_E_A1_D8_340_F286_E3

F14_DFE15_C8_D8_4_CEF_8454_AEEFC76308_DC

74_CE0988_53_A7_4_C4_F_BFD8_D2_C5_E444_F

06_B59699_F53_C_4_B70_9_B17_1_F7_A722_C4

ACEBBB95_3_C62_4_C57_A477_7_B0_C2_B7_AAB

Not bad for a quick tidy up. Now the whole car has had a clean recently, but I need to do the exterior again! It never stops :)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, uchuff said:

It's all about Hey Duggee IMHO.

Nope, it all about Blaze and the monster machines! At least it’s educational. Apparently.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Time for another upgrade. I’ve been waiting for these for a few weeks and they have finally arrived. I was unsure about them to begin with but they were so cheap I had to try. 

303lc7q.jpg

Yes, paddle shift extensions :)

Very nice up close and the quality is decent, few marks on the anodised coating, but fortunately nothing that can be seen from the drivers seat. The main thing is that they go for about £20 on eBay but I got these from AliExpress (marketed for a Golf 6, but I knew they would fit) for £6.79. Much cheapness :D

They do look good in the car, with polished edges which I didn’t see in the advert, they really go well with my grey stitching. I’m a happy bunny.

106bh1d.jpg

Lovely :)

I really like these and have been looking at them myself, I think the only thing that puts me off is sticking them to the existing paddles (are they easy and cleanly removed if needed or not liked?) I would love the full replacement ones you can get but not £200 love! lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItalianJob said:

I love watching 'Do You Know?' with my little boy. Bet you can't guess why :-)

Because it's really educational about how stuff works? :tongueout:

Oh and I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned Go Jetters yet. My lad loves this and it's definitely one of the better ones. 

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 12:43, SashaGrace said:

Time for another upgrade. I’ve been waiting for these for a few weeks and they have finally arrived. I was unsure about them to begin with but they were so cheap I had to try. 

303lc7q.jpg

Yes, paddle shift extensions :)

f5adg0.jpg

Very nice up close and the quality is decent, few marks on the anodised coating, but fortunately nothing that can be seen from the drivers seat. The main thing is that they go for about £20 on eBay but I got these from AliExpress (marketed for a Golf 6, but I knew they would fit) for £6.79. Much cheapness :D

They do look good in the car, with polished edges which I didn’t see in the advert, they really go well with my grey stitching. I’m a happy bunny.

notu37.jpg

106bh1d.jpg

99mcdc.jpg

Lovely :)

Snap!  I've had these sitting in the garage since March for the new car I've still not collected?  They are nice quality for sure, what are they like once fitted?  Is there any movement from where they are affixed to the paddles, when you are changing up/down? 

• Like 1

They are really secure, I’ve changed gear pulling the top of the paddle and they don’t shift, not a hint of movement. I am really impressed with them, they add some weight to the paddles as well which is nice, but it is easy to knock them when using the indicator and feeding the wheel, so just remember to get your hands out of the way as they stick further back than they used to. Overall, 10/10 very happy with them :) I would like Porsche/R8/aftermarket paddles ideally, but for the money, I’m sticking with these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

They are really secure, I’ve changed gear pulling the top of the paddle and they don’t shift, not a hint of movement. I am really impressed with them, they add some weight to the paddles as well which is nice, but it is easy to knock them when using the indicator and feeding the wheel, so just remember to get your hands out of the way as they stick further back than they used to. Overall, 10/10 very happy with them :) I would like Porsche/R8/aftermarket paddles ideally, but for the money, I’m sticking with these.

Thanks.  My concern was the length of the extension above where they are secured to the paddles, it's basically a lever and I wasn't sure if it would put too much stress on the 3m pads and they'd ultimately just fall off.  Sounds like it's not the case. 

From where I usually hold the wheel. I'm likely to also use the top of the paddle. 

• Like 1

I was worried about that too, for where I usually use them with my thumbs near the thumb grips on the wheel I am pulling the paddle a cm or so beyond the length of the existing paddle and my commute also begins trudging up a big hill in the morning and I find that the DSG doesn’t like to shift up cleanly where I would shift so I just grab the paddle but it’s easy to miss when not looking as it is so small so I don’t buy this business of the paddles being the right size and if you need bigger you’re not using them right rubbish. I haven’t used them in anger yet so I can’t comment on pulling the paddle hard but they seem secure enough to me. I doubt the legitimacy of the 3M branding on the tape because I am cynical but I have to say it hasn’t budged. Give it a blast with a hairdryer to get the adhesive all sticky and even cheap adhesive will turn into a limpet :)

• Thanks 1