Briskoda Bash 2018

Chris

Hi all,

A small amount of discussion has taken place behind the scenes around a 2018 big meet. 

I'd like some brainstorming ideas on where people would potentially like to visit/meet/whatever. 

A selection of dates would be good too. Obviously we cannot cater for everyone's calender but if there is a big swing towards a particular time of year that would help! 

Nothing is out of the question, so feel free to post away. This is your forum, so let's see how this goes....

Edited by Chris
  • Like 2

Any old carpark in the middle of nowhere will be fine for me, this way I will not miss everything whilst coding everyone’s cars :D

I would say somewhere central, some people will not travel no matter how close it is to them, so making it central gives everyone a fighting chance (we travelled over 400 miles round trip to Cosford) 

• Haha 1

Just now, sharkrider said:

Anywhere with a racetrack... the meet at Blyton was awesome....

I wouldn't say anywhere with a racetrack. I agree, Blyton was spot on as we had the run of the place and as it was all contained there was a nice community feel.

Rockingham wasn't so good though as it was completely separated, people either went to the meet or they went to the track day.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, niceyellow vrs said:

I wouldn't say anywhere with a racetrack. I agree, Blyton was spot on as we had the run of the place and as it was all contained there was a nice community feel.

Rockingham wasn't so good though as it was completely separated, people either went to the meet or they went to the track day.

agreed, rockingham didn't really work..... but the Blyton meet has to be one of the best I have attended :)

• Administrators

Good feedback and objective, I like.

Rockingham was an experiment, and I agree it didn't really work as well as, well anything in the past. We could of got away in the paddock if I wasn't planning on a load of Skoda stuff turning up... that didn't.

So... need some ideas input as it's your meet ;)

A few know I did put about the idea of . spring south, autumn north or vice versa on odd years from a 'big' meet.  Where North is Glasgow way and south is well... M3/4 way. Then in the alternate years a big splash middling or where-ever. Most of the reasonable cost circuit venues are airfields and the vast majority of them are south ( if you include Inverness(up past watford a bit) in the maths ).

I think even going to Blyton every year would loose it's appeal, thats why I mixed it up a bit... and to soften the £££ blow ;)

Anyhow times are different now, for many reasons. So start throwing some ideas, if you want to run with a few let me, Chris, Tony others know.

Fire away, suggest it, inspire it to happen :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm happy where ever we go :) for me and the family it's a great day out to meet lots of other fellow Skoda nutters :) may even bring the Tudor out 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any update om this meet? I’m rather new to this forum and Skoda ownership. Would be nice to see some more experienced Skoda folk and have a chat :] don’t mind traveling a bit

Although not new to Skoda ownership (having started in about 1990 with a 2nd hand rear engine 130), and about to rejoin the fold with our 10th Skoda - the long awaited Karoq SE-L 4x4, I have only recently discovered this forum. Any update on a get together (near Cumbria??)