Pre face lift or hmmmmmmmmmm . Have your say

I been , I've driven and I've looked for hours but still I don't like it . Mk4  now that could be interesting. I quoted earlier . 80s He.man , smart , mean and god  the led line is better and looks like a hot hatch ..,,,,,,,,,,,

face lift . Camp looking He,man . First off looks of a 2008 Mercedes . That never took off , also it really isn't mean enough. Why do you think the police don't use them . They don't look hard enough when you come up behind others also they look like a cross eyed squirrel . Anyway have your say Now

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0225.PNG

IMG_0149.PNG

IMG_0228.PNG

IMG_0223.JPG

Edited by Damo

2 hours ago, stepdavi said:

im completely lost sorry mate. ive got a fl 245 and never noticed it looking like money supermarket guy??? its almost as if your arguing with yourself?

I was merely stating old model looks better than new model . Hence old he.man to new camp he.man . Obviously it's people's taste 

Edited by Damo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chelseacraig said:

I was merely stating old model looks better than new model . Hence old he.man to new camp he.man . Obviously it's people's taste 

I have the old model and think the new one looks better. 

Edited by Damo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelseacraig said:

Camp he man???

Edited by Damo

I swapped from the pre facelift VRS 4x4 to the facelift VRS 4x4 last month. Like many others on here I wasn't immediately sure about the new look when it was first released but it has now really grown on me. I actually really like the new front end now and there have been a number of other improvements.

The interior lighting has been improved with footwell lights front and rear and LED strips. The wider track is also really noticeable when you look at the car from the rear.

Comparing like for like it also seems to drive smoother and feels more stable (not that the old one wasn't stable).

The addition of a DTUK box fitted last weekend has also made a huge difference!!

If you could order a 2017 model and have the option of all the new goodies, but with a choice of headlights, I would pick the old style personally...

However, I’m sure the new lights would grow on you if you owned one.

Some people didn’t like the Dame Edna style lights on the FL MK2 at first... but I did.

Each to their own.

Edited by Damo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Damo said:

If you could order a 2017 model and have the option of all the new goodies, but with a choice of headlights, I would pick the old style personally...

However, I’m sure the new lights would grow on you if you owned one.

Some people didn’t like the Dame Edna style lights on the FL MK2 at first... but I did.

Each to their own.

Yeah the FL Mk2 was a huge improvement I thought, but then again I’m biased as I had one!

2 minutes ago, Chelseacraig said:

Do you like my new skoda ........ oh sorry it's an old Mercedes 

IMG_0229.PNG

I'd be overjoyed if I'd got anywhere near 14k for the 2010 VRS I replaced with an O3 FL...

Edited by juan27

The new lights suit the vrs better than any other Octavia, work much better with the vrs front end. They look sooooooo much better in the flesh as opposed to pics too :thumbup:

• Like 1

purely off the fact it has a split headlight design you are using a smart old merc with split headlights as if its a bad thing, surely the pre face lift can be compared to any car without split headlights using your logic (which i really dont understand)? and theres some truely shocking cars with out split headlights!. 

The new lights thing has been done to death, to the point where it's now tiresome. There seems to be plenty of happy facelift owners and even some of the nay-sayers seem to have been swayed, claiming it's "grown on them".

The facelift looks nothing like an old Merc, and no one that's been to Specsavers within the past decade is going to compliment owners on their new Skoda E Class.

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 2

It's a funny debate tbh - as a new comer to the forum I don't have any of the background to the arguments, but I'm a pre-fl owner, think the facelift lights look great, would have had one if the budget stretched!