VAG-COM Software tweaks

FabFabFabia

3 hours ago, Ron_EST said:

Any success with VCDS tweaking on the Karoq? 

I'm hoping to pick up my new Karoq next week (ordered 20th January). If the dealer won't activate the "beeps" when locking/unlocking the car then I'll have to sort it another way.

Funny, My 2015 Octavia had the beeps but the wifes 2015 Yeti doesn't, do miss it on my Karoq :sadsmile:

Would like the needle staging, and locking beeps if anyone is up for it ;)

If you were further south I could do it.

Have a look at the VCDS map in the diagnostic forum, there might be someone local.

The beeps are in the infotainment coltrols on my octavia vrs on a 15 plate

And I'm pretty sure needle sweep was on already on the one I've test drove

Edited by Brianpilman

8 hours ago, patrolman said:

What’s the point of the needle sweep, have I missed something  

Just looks cool B) no other purpose, loved it on my Fabia vRS

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brianpilman said:

The beeps are in the infotainment coltrols on my octavia vrs on a 15 plate

Same on my sons 16 plate Fabia, can't find it on the Karoq though :sadsmile:

• 1 month later...

Bit of a thread revival but in my karoq I have managed to code needle sweep, audible lock / unlock and a few other extras (reverse ns mirror tilt, vrs logo for the lols) 

How are others getting on? Any carly vag users here? Or obdeleven? I managed to code using a cheap obd elm Bluetooth dongle and the trial version of the carista app. 

2 hours ago, skaif said:

Bit of a thread revival but in my karoq I have managed to code needle sweep, audible lock / unlock and a few other extras (reverse ns mirror tilt, vrs logo for the lols)

Nice one! Shame you don't live in the West Midlands as I'd love these on my Edition. I already have the nearside wing mirror tilt which is cool. Do you have the Canton Sound? I'd be interested to turn off the dashboard speaker or tweak the EQ or speaker crossover a bit.

Can be done fairly cheaply if you get a Bluetooth dongle from ebay/amazon. I have had mine for years and think it cost me less than £10. As I said the carista app has a free trail period at the minute so not cost me a penny! 

Mines a cheap lease deal so I kept away from the options list and being an SE Technology it doesn't have the upgraded sound. 

Have you tried using the app for phones? I have mine hooked up to an android which can run poweramp (an audio app) which allows fine tuning of the sound. It's not amazing but much better than stock! 

Edited by skaif

I'd be interested to know how to get the nearside mirror tilt on reverse.

Two other things I'd like and will be investigating at some point, correcting the MPG (changing the % factor to give a more accurate reading) on the trip computer and adding the fuel to fill display to the little screen on the dashboard.

EDIT: Rear DRLs would be good too.

Edited by Luckypants

1 minute ago, solarfusion said:

Would there be any issues when returning a lease car after modifying coding?

I shouldn't think so, unless it broke something. My previous lease had the fan strength LED permanently lit, needle sweep, fuel to fill, MPG corrected and rear DRLs. Nothing said even after the full back at base assessment.

2 minutes ago, solarfusion said:

Would there be any issues when returning a lease car after modifying coding?

Cant see why there would be, they took my Golf without realising any of the coding extras! Worst case scenario you just code it back...

1 minute ago, Luckypants said:

I'd be interested to know how to get the nearside mirror tilt on reverse.

Two other things I'd like and will be investigating at some point, correcting the MPG (changing the % factor to give a more accurate reading) on the trip computer and adding the fuel to fill display to the little screen on the dashboard.

Fairly easy to do, I have just bought the OBDeleven dongle (they had a 10% off promo) which should be arriving soon to see if I can make any more changes.

As a side note, I activated the fuel to fill too! Will try and take a pic today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skaif said:

Cant see why there would be, they took my Golf without realising any of the coding extras! Worst case scenario you just code it back...

2 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

I shouldn't think so, unless it broke something. My previous lease had the fan strength LED permanently lit, needle sweep, fuel to fill, MPG corrected and rear DRLs. Nothing said even after the full back at base assessment.

Good to know. I wonder if there is anything to put the speed at the top of the multifunction display? Would be more useful than the compass direction that's currently there!

1 minute ago, solarfusion said:

Good to know. I wonder if there is anything to put the speed at the top of the multifunction display? Would be more useful than the compass direction that's currently there!

Yeah I will have a play around with OBDEleven. It seems to be a vag specific set up rather than the generic one I have been using so hopefully more things to code!

56 minutes ago, FabFabFabia said:

What does the "Fuel to Fill" display look like?

Skaif will post a picture later today they said. Basically it displays the approximate number of litres to fill your tank from it's current state. 

• Like 1

MQB refers to the chassis platform, not the software installed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_MQB_platform The Karoq does use the MQB platform.

But you are correct, the coding changes available in the latest Octavia and Superb Amundsen / Columbus infotainment systems are a good place to start.

Edited by Luckypants

50 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

....the coding changes available in the latest Octavia and Superb Amundsen / Columbus infotainment systems are a good place to start.

I have Columbus in my Karoq Edition plus the Canton sound system with front dashboard speaker. Is it possible to turn off the front dashboard speaker with the software? It lessens the stereo imaging and adds a brittle midrange to the sound.

14 hours ago, skaif said:

Can be done fairly cheaply if you get a Bluetooth dongle from ebay/amazon. I have had mine for years and think it cost me less than £10. As I said the carista app has a free trail period at the minute so not cost me a penny! 

I've got a cheap bluetooth OBDII device, might have to give this a try ! How long does the free trial last for ? and how easy are the tweaks ?

3 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

I've got a cheap bluetooth OBDII device, might have to give this a try ! How long does the free trial last for ? and how easy are the tweaks ?

I think its a week so more than enough time, you can also reset service intervals etc which is nice! Tweaks are super easy, there is a selection of on/off or enable/disable and then save, thats it!

As requested, here are some images of the tweaks

Needle Sweep:

sW2ahU5.gif

VRS on start up screen

kbb9EeI.gif

Refuel quantity - Apologies as I had literally just filled up (8 miles ago)!

axmtOyC.gif

If anyone wants any more info feel free to ask.

• Like 2

Great videos! Thanks for sharing - did you also do the audible lock/unlock sound? Would it be possible to post a quick video of this in action so I can hear if it sounds a beep, or the horn, and how many times? Thanks very much.