Delivery times

cjrp

14 hours ago, Nicky_P said:

Just been informed ours (BW8) has left the factory and on its way to the boat with an outside chance it'll be at the garage next weekend or so for an Easter weekend collection.

My BW8 managed to avoid the back seat issues but then sat at Emden for 15 days. Just landed at Sheerness yesterday, but still being told by Skoda that it could be 20 working days (!) away...

Fingers crossed it’s sooner than that. My dealer reckons they can get it to me in 4 days once it’s been put on a transporter, so I’m just hoping that it doesn’t sit in Sheerness for as long as it did Emden!

14 minutes ago, ALW said:

My BW8 managed to avoid the back seat issues but then sat at Emden for 15 days. Just landed at Sheerness yesterday, but still being told by Skoda that it could be 20 working days (!) away...

Fingers crossed it’s sooner than that. My dealer reckons they can get it to me in 4 days once it’s been put on a transporter, so I’m just hoping that it doesn’t sit in Sheerness for as long as it did Emden!

Someone was quoting VAG's SLA's on the transport elements once the cars have left the factories. Once docked in the UK, it has to be with the dealer in a max of 2 weeks.

FWIW, we were told yesterday that ours has docked, and we'll get reg doc etc on Monday to sign. From there they'll give us an ETA. Still hoping it'll be before Easter.

This is a 1.0tsi SE DSG ordered 22/01, only extras spare plus front sensors, BW9.

Had a night out at the opera last night. La Traviata. A tale of love, dissolving into heartache, and sadness.

Much like buying a new Skoda then.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Had a night out at the opera last night. La Traviata. A tale of love, dissolving into heartache, and sadness.

Much like buying a new Skoda then.

Well I hope the fat lady is warming up her vocal chords and I sneak mine in before April. 

• Haha 1

Dealer just rang to say my 1.5 Edition arrived yesterday, picking it up on Tuesday.  It took 2 weeks after arriving at Emden to arrive at Grimsby and then 10 days from Grimsby to dealer.

Ordered 4th Jan and told to expect delivery end of March beginning April so 2 weeks earlier than expected. No complaints with dealer, Hayselden Skoda in Doncaster, keeping me up to date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael G said:

Someone was quoting VAG's SLA's on the transport elements once the cars have left the factories. Once docked in the UK, it has to be with the dealer in a max of 2 weeks.

Strangely they said 10 working days to leave Sheerness depot/compound and then 10 working days from that to handover, so nearly twice the SLA timeframe.

Have to say that Skoda UK customer service line is a shower. Had one chap try to convince me that transfer from Emden onto boat was managed by the dealer! Utter tosh.

5 minutes ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

Some positivity coming out today then, that’s good. 

We’re in Kent and our dealer said he’d go get it from sheerness himself if it came to that. Pretty unnecessary but appreciated the sentiment all the same! 

If only my dealer would make the same offer - supposed to be doing a long trip oop north over Easter and am desperate to have the new car to do it in.

6 hours each way in the Fabia does not appeal.

33 minutes ago, ALW said:

Strangely they said 10 working days to leave Sheerness depot/compound and then 10 working days from that to handover, so nearly twice the SLA timeframe.

I might be mis-remembering. It came from an Audi forum I think. I thought it covered the UK port to the dealer. From our message yesterday, ours had docked UK side and once we got the paperwork on Monday, the implication was it would be pretty soon.

We'll see. I am by nature a glass half full sort of chap :-)

13 minutes ago, ALW said:

If only my dealer would make the same offer - supposed to be doing a long trip oop north over Easter and am desperate to have the new car to do it in.

6 hours each way in the Fabia does not appeal.

Ah that’s annoying. We’ve booked in for a holiday down in Cornwall at Easter and were  also looking forward to taking the new car, but highly unlikely now. 

Our car now at a port of Tyne along with 2000 or so others. 

Hopefully have it by Easter weekend at latest depending on off load sequence  and window tinters availability.

Wife is happy at last!

17 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

?

Are you having additional tint added to the sunset glass?

Yes, I prefer a darker tint than the standard factory fit, do it with all my cars, personal taste I guess.

Just the rears of course.

Edited by Nicky_P
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2018 at 13:00, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

Ah that’s annoying. We’ve booked in for a holiday down in Cornwall at Easter and were  also looking forward to taking the new car, but highly unlikely now. 

What's more frustrating is that I can't blame anyone but myself - got all optimistic when we moved forward two build weeks and moved from a mid-April delivery to a late March ETA at the dealer. 

That'll learn me!

25 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

No further word on your's then?

No afraid not, Skoda UK got quite abrasive over me keep asking them, they said I will after wait until Tues and my case manager will update me then, well guess Who going to chat with them tomorrow.

Just contacted my dealer (NOT drug dealer if any of you are just about to tip off Crimestoppers :D)  

My car is now built and waiting to be signed off.   Then it starts the SHORT trip to Emden then the SHORT trip to Grimsby or wherever, and the SHORT trip to my dealers who will PDI it the same day for me to collect the following day.

:D

Edited by Macdemon

I hope mines the same Mr Macdemon after my case manager phones me tomorrow. Case manager why does that make me feel like a bad boy.

Edited by Karman

39 minutes ago, Karman said:

I hope mines the same Mr Macdemon after my case manager phones me tomorrow. Case manager why does that make me feel like a bad boy.

Just remind him who's spending thousands of pounds which could easily be spent elsewhere.

And what else could I get for my money??

I've spent an exhaustive EIGHT months looking at everything else on the market.

Seat, BMW, Audi, VW, Mercedes, peugeot, Citroen, Subaru, Kia, Hyundai, Lexus, Mazda, Smart, Mitsubishi, Honda, Toyota, Suzuki, Ssangyong, Tesla, Volvo, Renault, Jaguar, Land Rover, Porsche, Dacia, Infinity, Vauxhall, Alfa Romeo, Jeep, Nissan and Ford, we came right back to Skoda as it just seemed to tick all our boxes and for the right price.

• Like 1

I'm from Sweden so this might be slightly irrelevant info but I thought I'd share it with you guys anyway:

I just ordered a 1,5 TSI manual Karoq "Style" with the Swedish packages called "towing pack" and "business pack". The color is called "Lava Blue" but I'm pretty sure it's the same as your "Petrol Blue". Towing pack includes (besides electric hook) the rear-view camera, electric tailgate and roof bars. Business pack adds partial leather seats, Canton, tinted windows, remote heater, chrome lists+pedals and small spare wheel. "Style" already includes quite a lot like LED with assistants/auto functions, heated steering wheel, front parking sensors, kessy and more. It'll lack navigation (I'll use google maps) and some of the safety systems.

Anyway, the bad news is that the delivery times (for Sweden anyway) has increased a lot in the last few weeks. My car will be built (best case) august and delivered (best case) late september. The dealer told me that a lot of Karoq's were sold in February (more than expected) and new markets are opening up during the spring, I guess India and China. Sweden is not prioritized in the summer months when it comes to production planning which probably adds a few weeks to my delivery time. The factory/factories are closed in July for vacation. My production week won't be locked until early summer. So it's gonna be a long wait but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

• Like 1

Interesting post Skane. Maybe it's the relative size of markets, but I've read order-delivery dates can be much longer in Europe. And often longest of all in the CR!

Ours was ordered 22/01 and has landed in the UK. Waiting for an update from the dealer now.

14 hours ago, Macdemon said:

And what else could I get for my money??

I've spent an exhaustive EIGHT months looking at everything else on the market.

Seat, BMW, Audi, VW, Mercedes, peugeot, Citroen, Subaru, Kia, Hyundai, Lexus, Mazda, Smart, Mitsubishi, Honda, Toyota, Suzuki, Ssangyong, Tesla, Volvo, Renault, Jaguar, Land Rover, Porsche, Dacia, Infinity, Vauxhall, Alfa Romeo, Jeep, Nissan and Ford, we came right back to Skoda as it just seemed to tick all our boxes and for the right price.

No idea but after eight months of research lets hope you like the Karoq.