Delivery times

cjrp

1 minute ago, Englando said:

Chatted with UK customer services online earlier for an update and my BW8 finally arrived at the exit port today, waiting to be assigned to a ship.  Apparently this can take 7 to 14 days!!  It's hard to wait patiently, especially with the Easter half term approaching fast. 

Pls don't get too excited about any update given by Skoda online customer services especially for BW8... I have been given this update several times in the past 2 weeks only to be advised that they are waiting rear seats by case manager and dealer!!! Beware the customer services online do not see the real update!!!

1 minute ago, Eagerforupdate said:

Pls don't get too excited about any update given by Skoda online customer services especially for BW8... I have been given this update several times in the past 2 weeks only to be advised that they are waiting rear seats by case manager and dealer!!! Beware the customer services online do not see the real update!!!

That is what I got when I contact them, now they know me I get is “no further forward still waiting seats”!

2 minutes ago, Eagerforupdate said:

My case manager on Friday told me my build had finally been completed and it was on the way to the port.  So it looks to be correct now. 

2 minutes ago, Karman said:

You could go on Skoda UK main site and then on live chat to see if anything shows up on the system.

I’ve got a contact name now so I’ll speak to them in the morning.

I did phone last Thursday and was told someone will call me back Friday. No call.

My dealer offered to call them today and now something is happening at last.

8 minutes ago, Englando said:

Chatted with UK customer services online earlier for an update and my BW8 finally arrived at the exit port today, waiting to be assigned to a ship.  Apparently this can take 7 to 14 days!!  It's hard to wait patiently, especially with the Easter half term approaching fast. 

Ours was at that stage last Thursday/Friday and arrived in Tyneside on Sunday so hopefully you'll be well inside the 7 to 14 days too.

• Thanks 1

I ordered my Karoq Edition (black) on 2 February and was told delivery would be some time in May. Last week my dealer sent me a video message saying delivery would now be first week in April, as the car has been built and is on its way. Got another message this week saying it's still on track for beginning of April.  The salesman has been very helpful and even advised me to sell my Superb through Evans Halshaw, which I have done, getting £1100 more that I was offered for it in part exchange.

Finally my car has been built, rear seats issue is sorted so says my case manager. The status is it is ready to be sent to the Port of Exit (Same status I was told weeks ago - only this time it is probably real - has to be as it is from the case worker :) ) I should say the case worker is really very nice, so different to the other customer service staffs at Skoda that I have so far spoken to. Apparently it could be upto four weeks from now and that is the maximum.

11 hours ago, Tenchfisher said:

... Last week my dealer sent me a video message saying delivery would now be first week in April, as the car has been built and is on its way....

Must be a "thing". Our last contact was a video email. Not convinced it's the best way to communicate from the large metal and glass Skoda showrooms :D

Ordered a Karoq Saturday as the polo Gti is way too small for a family of 4 (one being new born) 

i went for a Candy white 1.5 DSG SE L with 7 options; family pack, LED interior lighting, heated windscreen + washers, wireless charging and tablet holders. 

Any one know of the current lead times? 

Not even heard from dealer yet with regards to order and the current situation, was just told that it would be around 3 months wait and would be speaking to me “regaurly”. 

Edited by MarcusKaroq

1 hour ago, Eagerforupdate said:

Finally my car has been built, rear seats issue is sorted so says my case manager. The status is it is ready to be sent to the Port of Exit (Same status I was told weeks ago - only this time it is probably real - has to be as it is from the case worker :) ) I should say the case worker is really very nice, so different to the other customer service staffs at Skoda that I have so far spoken to. Apparently it could be upto four weeks from now and that is the maximum.

Lets hope we're all getting the seats fitted now then.

I spoke to Skoda this morning and was only told my car is showing part built, waiting for seats.

They'll give me an update again until next Thursday.

That will be 5 weeks after it was first built :sleepy:

I assume that all the seat problems are Edition models. 

Mine is an SE-L and has gone through the whole build process on schedule. Has anyone had delays with Varioflex seats on the SE-L model as well? 

seems really strange that there is such inconsistencies. you would expect a few weeks but some people are getting completely screwed for no reason it seems. 

Mine is an edition model.

Seems like a few cars didnt get their seats in BW8 and sat around for weeks waiting for them.

Maybe it was only the leather varioflex ones.

I don’t think the delays are confined to one variant, rather it seems to be more connected with build weeks. Presumably cars partially completed go to the back of the queue for their missing parts.  My Edition is coming a month earlier than predicted, yet other customers who ordered before me are still waiting. Seems a strange way to do business! :blink:

My dealer has 3 cars caught up in the BW8 fiasco

They are all Editions, so all have leather varioflex seats, but not all the same colour

I heard today that one had now been completed, but sadly not mine, for which there is still absolutely no news.

My order was made on 28th February and I have been informed that my Edition 1.5tsi dsg, has a confirmed BW of 17. With the shenanigans of seats already reported, I shan't hold my breath.

4 hours ago, TheRoq said:

Lets hope we're all getting the seats fitted now then.

I spoke to Skoda this morning and was only told my car is showing part built, waiting for seats.

They'll give me an update again until next Thursday.

That will be 5 weeks after it was first built :sleepy:

Yeah all we could do is hope and wait. Now that am told mine is done and awaiting to go to Port, I am still thinking if this is real. May be I will believe when I get my keys!!!

Mine is edition as well.

1 hour ago, MarcusKaroq said:

How did it take you guys to get a confirmed build week? 

Car ordered 22/01. Order form quoted delivery date as "end April".

1.0tsi SE DSG in Black pearl. Only extras, spare wheel and front sensors.

Status 10 (unconfirmed) BW9 (w/c Feb 26) was mentioned early Feb, and 2 weeks later we were told it had gone Staus 20 (confirmed).

On March 6th we were told it was Status 30 (built and awaiting transport to Emden).

On March 16th we were told it had docked UK side.

On March 20th we received VWFS and registration stuff.

Now awaiting handover date and hoping for Easter. 

Should be 9 weeks start to finish.

Edited by Michael G
delivery date quoted on order form added