Delivery times

cjrp

I never got a build week. I ordered the car on 2 February and the paperwork stated that expected  delivery was the first week of May. I had no further information until 13 March, when I was told that the car was status 30 and was expected to arrive by the end of March and be ready to pick up during the first week of April. This was further confirmed 2 days ago, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed as I’m currently having to use my wife’s car

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael G said:

Car ordered 22/01. Order form quoted delivery date as "end April".

1.0tsi SE DSG in Black pearl. Only extras, spare wheel and front sensors.

Status 10 (unconfirmed) BW9 (w/c Feb 26) was mentioned early Feb, and 2 weeks later we were told it had gone Staus 20 (confirmed).

On March 6th we were told it was Status 30 (built and awaiting transport to Emden).

On March 16th we were told it had docked UK side.

On March 20th we received VWFS and registration stuff.

Now awaiting handover date and hoping for Easter. 

Should be 9 weeks start to finish.

Ah, so sounds like your been a lucky one then. 

So could expect it to be roughly mid may going on what your suggesting. However I guess this also depends on some factors, as in extras and availability of parts. 

If if I went by what the dealer has said then it should be around 3 months. 

Does anyone one know much about the digital dials? Seen a few people mention it? I guess it would be an option though? 

Sorry, should have made it clearer. Ours should be 9 weeks start to finish. Orders placed since look to be taking longer but it varies with spec.

31 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Digi dash not an option yet. Should be later this year.

Friend has it in his new eGolf. Very nice.

Dam, just seen people mention it will be on a later part of the year they will introduce it. Does look the t*ts tbh. Shame it wasn’t an option from day one. 

Yeah thought as much. Just want a build week already :biggrin:. Impatient me haha. 

You are all more fortunate than me them.  Ordered mine on 19 Jan. 1.5 tsi. SEL.  Haven’t even got a confirmed build week yet.   But some of you ordered after me. And already have cars on the way.  Oh well. Avnother trip on the well worn path to the dealers for me tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, PETE31SUE said:

You are all more fortunate than me them.  Ordered mine on 19 Jan. 1.5 tsi. SEL.  Haven’t even got a confirmed build week yet.   But some of you ordered after me. And already have cars on the way.  Oh well. Avnother trip on the well worn path to the dealers for me tomorrow.

Strange. I ordered 19th Jan also. Very similar spec. Same day. 2 weeks ago got an unconfirmed build week of Wk13. This week it was a confirmed build of Wk 13 (next week, fingers crossed). I used the Skoda online chat facility which was pretty good, just giving them the Order No. which I got by e mail from the dealer.

I hope I'm still lucky. I ordered a Lava Blue / Petrol Blue, 2.0 TDI, manual gear, 4x4, Style (the only trim-level in Denmark - I guess its a mix of SE L and Edition) in the beginning of February. I was told BW is this week - tomorrow, and they expect it to be delivered in mid April. This should still be true. The delaer told, if I ordered the Karoq today, they would probably first be able to deliver it next year! The reason for the short delivery time is becayse the Skoda dealers in Denmark had a certain number to sell as the Karoq was introduced in Denmark in January/February 2018. On Friday I will know if their expectaions holds.

Janse

5 minutes ago, Markyj said:

Signed my finance contract today on Sel in business grey, pick car up next Tuesday, happy days B)

Signed ours yesterday, got reg no, car to be reg'd Fri. So if our dealer is as fast as yours, still hoping for next week :thumbup:

• Like 2

Has anyone had theirs come from Sheerness?

Mine arrived there last Friday but still yet to get onto a transporter. Just trying to gauge how long it takes to leave the port.

Very frustrating to be waiting around again given the delays at Emden and the desire to have it pre Easter!

15 minutes ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Do the new cars come with the free week of insurance or is it something that needs to be sorted before hand? Done a couple of quotes and not much cheaper than the gti :o

We've requested it. Can't do a change of vehicle yet on our ins as whilst we know the reg no, we don't know the handover date. I'm not expecting much difference between our 1.0 Karoq and our 1.2 Yeti.

16 minutes ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Do the new cars come with the free week of insurance or is it something that needs to be sorted before hand? Done a couple of quotes and not much cheaper than the gti :o

Best to check! When is your natural renewal date? Might be worth just switching the car on your current policy in the short term. Otherwise hit the aggregator sites

4 minutes ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

Best to check! When is your natural renewal date? Might be worth just switching the car on your current policy in the short term. Otherwise hit the aggregator sites

What we'll do. It's not always cost effective to cancel mid term. But next renewal, I'll try Aviva. I've heard some good reports.

And:

1. They're not on comparison sites.

2. They pay mine and my wife's employee pensions :D 

1 minute ago, Michael G said:

What we'll do. It's not always cost effective to cancel mid term. But next renewal, I'll try Aviva. I've heard some good reports.

And:

1. They're not on comparison sites.

2. They pay mine and my wife's employee pensions :D 

You’re not cancelling as such, just changing the car. You’ll get an admin charge no doubt. 

Not had much success with aviva being competitive, admiral multicar has worked well (I have a Mk III TT the Mrs a Yaris, the latter being eventually replaced by the Karoq) but I used elephant before that (same company as admiral anyway...) when I did a single car. However, you can’t do any harm by getting a quote. If it works it works. 

We're with Churchill. But after they paid out 6 grand to a TP seemingly without question on a little line of traffic nudge the wife had (our damage was a corner chipped off the number plate)  I'll try very very hard to go elsewhere at next renewal.

Yes, we'll just do a simple change of vehicle next week. In my working life, we called them substitutions. I must have done about 10000 substitution adjustments in my clerking days :D

13 minutes ago, Michael G said:

We're with Churchill. But after they paid out 6 grand to a TP seemingly without question on a little line of traffic nudge the wife had (our damage was a corner chipped off the number plate)  I'll try very very hard to go elsewhere at next renewal.

Yes, we'll just do a simple change of vehicle next week. In my working life, we called them substitutions. I must have done about 10000 substitution adjustments in my clerking days :D

Sorry what’s a TP ? 

14 hours ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

31st may is renewal date, doubt car will be here by then by the sounds of it so may just have to go with cheapest on current  car and hope it would be cheaper on the Karoq. 

Had a phone call this afternoon from my dealership confirming that my Koraq has arrived at the showroom and i’m picking it up on Tuesday. Can’t wait! Photos when I get it ! 

• Like 3

Morning all!

How do you get the build week numbers?  Is it just if you order from a Skoda dealer?

We have placed an order through a leasing company and havent received a BW.

We went for a candy white SEL 1.5 DSG.  The auto box is a dream.

Trying to decide on a nickname for it now.  All cars have nicknames.

Cheers!

On 21/03/2018 at 19:19, PETE31SUE said:

We ordered ours on 8th Feb and at the time the dealer let us know that he had a number of cars on order and he would substitute in our specification (1.5 SEL + leather, heated WS, spare wheel). He estimated we should get the car mid April.

We had our build week confirmed as 11 and the car is being shipped as we speak I believe. Should arrive early April.

I think some people such as us have been lucky our dealer took this approach.