Delivery times

cjrp

17 hours ago, Persolus said:

Just spoke to Skoda UK asking if my 'confirmed build week 21 (this week) Edition' is actually in production. I thought I would check beacuse as far as I know there is no status code between 20 (build week confirmed, and 30 (finished and left the factory). I wish I hadn't bothered. The man from Skoda he say:

'Apologies but there is a delay on the order. The vehicle is near the end of assembly, rear seats need to be added and this is the reason for the delay. We haven't been given any specific date as of yet, our factory representatives are working closely with factory to resolve this issue and speed things up. We appreciate your patience [Presumptious...I don't have any] and apologise for any inconvenience'

When I replied 'But I need to know whether we are talking days..weeks...more? I have my current car, vacation, and businesss to manage....

The response was 'Our support team has advised that it will be 1-2 weeks, After this we will receive a further update from factory on this situation. Customers are being asked to check back with us next week.'

What? 1 to 2 weeks and then an update from the factory after that!!!

So, not just Alcantara seats then....perhaps it's a seat frame issue....or just a Skoda issue. I am not impressed

I received the same response when i enquired about my confirmed BW 14 Edition at BW 18 and it was exactly 2 weeks (BW 20) for the seats to be installed and was confirmed to me that the car had left the factory.

40 minutes ago, Persolus said:

Reference this week 21 build hold up and the possible 3+ week delay, I spoke to Skoda just now about factory summer closure. I was told that the factory will close for the month of July. When I asked how that might affect my car in mid-production, I was told they will 'assign a Customer Relations Manager who will investigate this matter for you'.  I look forward to hearing back within the promised 2 working days.

If I read the runes correctly, I think I may also hear from my dealer too...which would be a rare treat indeed.

(Apologies, I don't know how I got two emails attached)

I was close to cancelling my order before it got built due to delays. A response like that would have pushed me over the edge. They are just SO BAD at CS.

I finally got my car on Monday - (Edition 1.5 TSI DSG, tow hook, heated thingies etc..)

I ordered 8th January, so exactly 19 weeks to the day.

My understanding is that current lead time on the 1.5 TSI is 24 weeks plus delivery and for the !.0 TSI it is 34 weeks, or delivery Mid March 2019, so it is all relative and maybe I was lucky!

18 minutes ago, Boiledbeef said:

I finally got my car on Monday - (Edition 1.5 TSI DSG, tow hook, heated thingies etc..)

I ordered 8th January, so exactly 19 weeks to the day.

My understanding is that current lead time on the 1.5 TSI is 24 weeks plus delivery and for the !.0 TSI it is 34 weeks, or delivery Mid March 2019, so it is all relative and maybe I was lucky!

WOW! I ordered mine the day after you and got it 3 weeks ago. I thought 16 weeks was bad enough. Maybe I need to appreciate my good fortune a little bit more. :-)

Edited by Luckypants

Well based the dealer today albeit Skoda confirmed that the build week was this week. In light of the posts here I would chase the dealer. Everyone is correct there are major issues with seats. I asked what is happening and he then chased Skoda. I had threatened to cancel the order today if I did not receive confirmation it would be completed.

I am not sure if this had any influence but low and behold there was a voicemail from the dealer confirming the car would be completed and leaving the factory end of ,the week.

Version is SEL 1.6 diesel with ACC as the only option.

The dealer is gradually having a breakdown due to the mess that Skoda appears to be making.

Hello Guys,

you can be calm about delivering to UK. I ordered karoq 1.0 TSI  Style ( its called something like your Edition i guess ) 31. January  and im still waiting cause of rear seats gate and dealer just inform me 20 days ago that last message is that karoq will be ready probably in June and im from Czech Republic so my karoq is waiting few km from me already built, but without a rear seat. Please if you have any news about this seats gate let us know here from your dealer!! Thanks you

On 5/11/2018 at 15:26, monkey153 said:

I ordered a 1.5 DSG Edition on the 19th Feb. Originally told BW 14 (Delivery by May 31st), then moved to BW19 (this week).

Have had confirmation today that it has been built so if it finds its way to me in the next 4-5 weeks, it won't have been majorly delayed...

As of Monday mine was at Emden and expected at Grimsby soon. Told it'll be another 2 weeks approx (from Monday)... fingers crossed.

Here is a section of the email I received yesterday from the person I'm dealing with at Skoda.  Just to reiterate, the car was built in week 16 and is a 1.5 DSG SE L 

I have been tracking your vehicle daily and have spoken to Skoda UK a number of times for clarification on the situation. Your vehicle is built but it hasn’t left the factory yet. Skoda have confirmed that a number of Karoq SE L models have been delayed because the factory have had a shortage of components associated with the rear seats. This has meant a number of cars have been ‘stuck’ in the final stage and unfortunately your car is one of these affected by the seat component.

I’m sorry that you are having to wait longer than we anticipated and I can assure you that it is in our interest to deliver the car to you as soon as we possibly can, but we are in the hands of the manufacturer on these matters. 

I suppose, looking at the upsides, is that since you ordered your vehicle there has been two contract hire rate increases. In fact, if you were to order a car now, the like-for-like quote would be £16.39pm higher based on the same parameters. Also, Skoda now estimate a lead time of around 24 weeks for the 1.5 TSI DSG engine for new orders placed now.

There are lots of changes happening in the industry currently. You may have heard of the new European governed WLTP and RDE changes that have now started. This is affecting every manufacturer, not just Skoda, and we are seeing quite drastic changes to lead times across every manufacturer. I think most of the forum frustration is based on how WLTP is having an impact on the industry as a whole and thus affecting lead times.

My dealer informs me that my Karoq is on a ship in Emden and has been for several days. I find this unlikely. Has anyone heard of any ship delays? I've looked on the port web site and can see which ships are there, but nothing on delays. I suspect my dealer is telling porkies, so I've asked him for the name of the ship - still waiting!

SKODA Uk told me they don’t know what   Ship my car is going on SO when the car gets to uk then they can help you more tell you what car transporter it’s on when it will get to you’re dealer 

21 hours ago, Razvus said:

Got a call from my dealer, I can pick it up tomorrow.

Ordered in December. So yea, some of you are indeed lucky.

WOW !!

This must be mega frustrating for so many of you, I had the SE Tech 1.5 DSG and therefore managed to aoid the whole seatgate issue, but I also ordered mine in December and I've now had the car 2 months (I even made the dealer hold onto it for 2 weeks for my previous lease to run out !!

I would have gone mad if I'd have had to wait this long :ohmy:

The wifes new car (KIA) will be available for collection in a few weeks, time from order to delivery less than 12 weeks !

I guess you forget about the long wait when you finally drive the car. And I mostly did now, the car is great. I'm coming from a renault clio from 2011. I'm pretty blown away.

Also, some countries (like Romania) are indeed at the bottom of the list for deliveries. That's what the dealer said... although in terms of transportation I should count myself lucky. They send them here by road, so no risk of getting lost in a port somewhere.

I wish good luck to all the rest waiting for their deliveries.

On 17/05/2018 at 12:38, Kainey54 said:

Ordered my 1.5 SEL DSG March 13th. Was given Week 21 as BW. This was later brought forward to BW 18.

Just heard from the dealer yesterday that  my car is now waiting to be finished on the production line due to a shortage of varioflex seats.

He says we should still make the original BW 21 date, but having seen other experiences on this forum, I'm a little skeptical!

Going on holiday a month today, I'm not optimistic about my chances of getting the car in time.

Another email from the dealer today, my car is built and is at the docks in Germany!

I'm not holding my breath yet, but it's getting closer...

8 minutes ago, Kainey54 said:

Another email from the dealer today, my car is built and is at the docks in Germany!

Hmmm I ordered 3 days earlier (same car) and it was built in week 16, yet it's still in the factory awaiting the seats. What the hell is the logic here?! 

4 minutes ago, northlondon43 said:

Hmmm I ordered 3 days earlier (same car) and it was built in week 16, yet it's still in the factory awaiting the seats. What the hell is the logic here?! 

Search me, there seems to be absolutely no logic at all to the way Skoda sequence the build order of their cars.

29 minutes ago, Kainey54 said:

I wonder if there's any chance of a Skoda rep responding on here with regards to a) the general problems they're having B) why their fulfillment policy appears to have no logic to it (see previous post)? 

Edited by northlondon43

4 minutes ago, northlondon43 said:

I wonder if there's any chance of a Skoda rep responding on here...

"We would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by our production schedule.

At Skoda we value our customers and furthermore we consider that only by achieving an outstanding customer service we can continue to inovate the car industry with better products.

Our employees are entirely commited to acomplishing this mission, and you can have our guarantee that each car order is handled in a professional manner.

Once again please accept our apologies for the delay encountered on your order.

Ps- our diesels didn't cheat any tests"

Or something like that.

• Haha 1

It’s not complicated, nice draft Razvus.

I was speaking to my dealer wondering whether he, his colleagues or especially Skoda HQ here in the UK or in CZ ever read this forum. As good as the guy’s been in looking after my order, he didn’t or couldn’t  answer. Sad really, this is basic consumer communication we’re talking about.

I googled ‘manufacturing delays for Skoda Karoq’, nothing much came up other than reference to moving production to VAG Germany whilst Skoda upgrade their paint shop.

The other staggering thing to learn is that the factory shuts down in July amidst these manufacturing issues.

28 minutes ago, Sigo said:

It’s not complicated, nice draft Razvus.

I was speaking to my dealer wondering whether he, his colleagues or especially Skoda HQ here in the UK or in CZ ever read this forum. As good as the guy’s been in looking after my order, he didn’t or couldn’t  answer. Sad really, this is basic consumer communication we’re talking about.

I googled ‘manufacturing delays for Skoda Karoq’, nothing much came up other than reference to moving production to VAG Germany whilst Skoda upgrade their paint shop.

The other staggering thing to learn is that the factory shuts down in July amidst these manufacturing issues.

They have always shut the factory and often use this time to adjust the build lines or introduce new facilities. There is probably no way they could do it any other way, wake weeks were (is) common for this type of manufacturing, they just don’t advertise the fact, just extend the delivery dates. Skoda UK have never in my opinion be much good at communicating and I have purchased 3 cars from new so have some first hand knowledge.  My recent Subaru purchase was a totally different experience, the dealer contacted on dates we’d agreed and even mailed screen shots of progress displayed on his computer. In the end they delivered two weeks early for a new build that included transportation from Japan, 8 weeks in total.

Very fair point, you’re clearly well informed. What I have difficulty in understanding in this day and age is Škoda/VAG’s appalling lack of communication with those consumers facing delivery problems.

I think they must lack an experienced Marketing Director in view of these supply problems whilst at the same time spending a fortune on promoting the Karoq with the Paloma Faith advertising campaign. 

I was one of the lucky ones, 10 weeks from order to delivery...I think due to a diligent dealer in Epsom.

Check out this post over in the Kodiaq forum, it contains a communication from Skoda UK to its dealer network detailing current lead-times and stock availability for the Karoq...