Delivery times

cjrp

6 hours ago, ronster007 said:

Great news! Where are you getting these time lines from?

3 weeks  gone past since i was told it a Emden waiting for shipping  2 weeks now since i was told been passed for shipping ? still waiting

On 05/06/2018 at 21:52, MASS1 said:

Probably best to ask the dealer.   However, if you have signed the documents, paid the all important deposit, have your insurance sorted AND the dealer is aware you wish to collect on the 15th, then all should be fine.   Not much longer to wait and good luck with the car.

Ahhh okay thank you!! Hopefully no more delays!

I ordered my 1.5 SE L DSG on 10th March,  build week was 24th April,  left the factory 27th April,  was still at Emson on the 9th May, a transport order was raised on 18th May and arrive at the dealers on 31st May. i am finally collecting it today (7th June) . The whole process of waiting for it to arrive is very vague, and feels a little bit ad-hoc, no one really seems to know what is happening after it leave the factory. I am, however, more fortunate than many others who are still waiting...

42 minutes ago, KroqShay said:

I ordered my 1.5 SE L DSG on 10th March,  build week was 24th April,  left the factory 27th April,  was still at Emson on the 9th May, a transport order was raised on 18th May and arrive at the dealers on 31st May. i am finally collecting it today (7th June) . The whole process of waiting for it to arrive is very vague, and feels a little bit ad-hoc, no one really seems to know what is happening after it leave the factory. I am, however, more fortunate than many others who are still waiting...

Interesting.  I ordered the same car/trim on the same day as you and it was built a week earlier than yours.  However, mine is still languishing at the factory after 7 weeks apparently still waiting for seats (I  no longer believe that is the only reason but hey, Skoda won't tell me a thing).  Adrian

SE L TSi DSG Energy Blue, compact spare wheel, virtual pedal for boot. Ordered 15th February, estimated delivery 15th May, actual delivery next Monday 11th June, so not too much of a delay. I'll just be happy to get my hands on it after reading about others' horror stories.

Had the call from my Case Manager at Skoda UK today (as promised 7 days ago). My dealer has apparently booked transport for the car next Thursday (14 June) for pick up from the pound at Sheerness.

Has my dealer contacted me yet? The hell they have! Not since the car was 'Status 10 - Factory Ordered – Production Week Unconfirmed.' It is pathetic. I imagine the dealer thinks I will be surprised and delighted when they ring to tell me 'Hey good news! We have your car here...what great guys we are.' I really am not looking forward at all to going to their place, spending time with them, going through the paperwork...and worst of all, giving them money for doing nothing.

My Case Manager will ring me at 10.00 next Friday to update me. Thank goodness for her.

After watching this topic for a while I’ve come to the conclusion that Skoda have taken the orders for the Karoq and because of supply problems many are not available s##t happens but as part of the VAG GROUP you can’t believe they don’t know where the vehicles are at any time of the day ,they must know the exact location 24/7 so they must be using delay tactics by the company and sales to keep people hanging on.trains have to organised to get vehicles to port,roll on roll off shipping has to be organised ,shipping schedules for the thousands of vehicles as they have to carry thousands of vehicles and drop off at different country’s/ports,and the ports themselves have to organise off loading and transportation so I think it’s all sales bull and delay tactic.The reason for my interest in this topic is that my ordered vehicle had a 48 day shipping journey from South Korea and arrived late (only 2 days ) later than the salesman’s date given when ordered.a few days  after arrival at port I was then informed that it was waiting for transport from the docks for delivery.and a call every few weeks just to keep me (customer) updated. ........so it can be done

Edited by Sad555

My car is at the dealers (del on Wednesday ) skoda uk informed me today. So gave my dealer a call but he was with a customer so he would ring back later 130pm call back 630pm he needs me to do paper work so can't have this weekend so not happy :crying: So I said try make the weekend make him wait for his cash :D  just been to see it only live 1 mile away got a new in showroom  that probably why mine is not ready 

13 hours ago, KroqShay said:

The time between orders and delivery is so varied, ordered mine 7 days after you but will have to wait most likely a month longer for the car. 

Hope your enjoying it if you collected today B)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sad555 said:

After watching this topic for a while I’ve come to the conclusion that Skoda have taken the orders for the Karoq and because of supply problems many are not available s##t happens but as part of the VAG GROUP 

It is as bad in other parts of VAG group, some versions of SEAT Arona are now delayed until December or January (28 weeks from when factory accepts order)

But then Skoda didn’t bother to market an equivalent in 2018 unlike the Ateca/Karoq so no no wonder it has long waiting list.

• Thanks 1

As far as I can see the VAG has a delivery problem; I think the upcoming Eu emission regs is already beginning to affect cars out of the factory gate.

I decided to replace my '15 plate Elegance with a Tiguan 190. I placed an order on 22 Feb 2018 to be told end of May, then it became Jun, a chat with VW UK said possibly Aug, I was eventually informed the car would not be in the showroom before Christmas, 2018 I mean. 

I settled for a Q3 Audi demonstrator, a good cut above a new Tiguan.

Yes I believe there is a production problem. Is BREXIT something to do with it, exch rates ?

Perhaps more to do with VAG still lying and cheating before and after dieselgate.............bit of irony there from the country that invented  the diesel and the same country has all but killed the diesel off but the name will live on in history .............

“DIESELGATE “

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, ktm690rr said:

As far as I can see the VAG has a delivery problem; I think the upcoming Eu emission regs is already beginning to affect cars out of the factory gate.

I decided to replace my '15 plate Elegance with a Tiguan 190. I placed an order on 22 Feb 2018 to be told end of May, then it became Jun, a chat with VW UK said possibly Aug, I was eventually informed the car would not be in the showroom before Christmas, 2018 I mean. 

I settled for a Q3 Audi demonstrator, a good cut above a new Tiguan.

Yes I believe there is a production problem. Is BREXIT something to do with it, exch rates ?

My wife has a 64 plate Q3 2.0 TDi S LIne PLus Auto and it is an incredibly refined and comfortable car, even with the 19" wheels. We deleted the sports suspension though. I think you will really like the Q3. It was easily the most comfortable and refined small suv that we test drove, but, as you say, it is expensive. 

VW, seems unable to fulfill orders acrossmany of their cars. We had settled on a new Polo GTi DSG to replace the wife's Q3, went in to order and were told a minimum 42 week lead time!

WLTP getting the blame.   No mention of the 'Suppliers' that VW Group are in dispute with and that are not supplying parts, because VW screw them over regularly..  

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-faces-production-halt-amid-wltp-certification-delays 

EDIT....

VW cancels all contracts with rebel supplier.mhtml

Supplier Prevent holds Volkswagen’s feet to the fire.mhtml

Edited by Offski
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My sister ordered her Karoq Edition on 15th March, she took delivery yesterday. So that’s 12 weeks. The dealer said that if we ordered a Karoq today, it would be 8 1/2 months! She was lucky!

with ALL the closure days approaching the production lines the delays can only get longer and longer and longer,not that you will get the truth from any body

Edited by Sad555
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Offski said:

WLTP getting the blame.   No mention of the 'Suppliers' that VW Group are in dispute with and that are not supplying parts, because VW screw them over regularly..  

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-faces-production-halt-amid-wltp-certification-delays 

EDIT....

VW cancels all contracts with rebel supplier.mhtml

Supplier Prevent holds Volkswagen’s feet to the fire.mhtml

Thanks for posting this...very interesting

3 hours ago, gailjon said:

My wife has a 64 plate Q3 2.0 TDi S LIne PLus Auto and it is an incredibly refined and comfortable car, even with the 19" wheels. We deleted the sports suspension though. I think you will really like the Q3. It was easily the most comfortable and refined small suv that we test drove, but, as you say, it is expensive. 

VW, seems unable to fulfill orders acrossmany of their cars. We had settled on a new Polo GTi DSG to replace the wife's Q3, went in to order and were told a minimum 42 week lead time!

I hope you enjoy the Polo GTi when it arrives, my wife's manual puts out 194 bhp, it weighs very little and goes like **it of a shovel, not really my cup of tea.

M

Edited by ktm690rr
spelling

Lord above this is so frustrating for everyone.

My car has been cleared for shipping although not actually allocated to one yet. The annoying thing in my case, the dealer. Naff all in updates unless I chase him. He is new to the job but had a similar role with Landrover. Previous guy whom I dealt with was good with fortnightly updates.

They initially promised a loan car if needed now he is changing his tune.

well fingers crossed 3 weeks to go.

Good luck to all in the VAG Skoda lottery

I ordered my Karoq on March 13th (SEL 1.5 DSG, Moon White, heated windscreen), and was given 12 week lead time. It was built on schedule in BW21.

My dealer emailed me last Thursday to say it was on a ship, Skoda chat confirmed on Monday that it was in the UK and awaiting a transporter, and I've just heard that it's been delivered to the dealer today!

I'm picking it up next Friday, two days before we'll be taking it to France on holiday, and 13 weeks after ordering, so not too bad in my experience.

Looking forward to giving a good run down to southwest France!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kainey54 said:

Looking forward to giving a good run down to southwest France!

Sadly, our days of long distance runs are drawing to an end. Loved our trips to the Gironde and Dordogne areas.

St Emilio Grand Crus for under 10 € :crying:

Enjoy:thumbup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dratuk said:

Lord above this is so frustrating for everyone.

My car has been cleared for shipping although not actually allocated to one yet. The annoying thing in my case, the dealer. Naff all in updates unless I chase him. He is new to the job but had a similar role with Landrover. Previous guy whom I dealt with was good with fortnightly updates.

They initially promised a loan car if needed now he is changing his tune.

well fingers crossed 3 weeks to go.

Good luck to all in the VAG Skoda lottery

Denis Horton Skoda in Lincoln? .. We were also promised loan car then all of a sudden it's disappeared, not to mention the lack of updates. We ordered around a month ago and have been told to expect delivery in October. This is my first Skoda purchase and will probably be my last.