Delivery times

cjrp

1 minute ago, DaveOL said:

Really sorry to hear that, pretty crap service from Skoda, I fear they are going to cancel my order as well but haven’t the nerve to tell me yet. 

They seem to have plenty of diesel around why didn't they just concentrate on the petrol edition model, you can order a lower spec model and have it speced up to an edition but then you are paying over the odds then 

1 hour ago, JKW said:

Not sure where Geoff W gets his "Build Week" dates from ( Wk 27 = 3rd July) - my Build Week has been given as Wk 35, which I'm informed is week commencing 18 June ! I really hope my information is the correct one ! 

Apologies to one & all, must have been a "senior moment" yet again. My Build Week is 25, NOT 35, for an Edition version ,beige interior, in Candy White. I'm still hopeful of very early July delivery, but am also "looking for those pigs flying overhead" !

1 hour ago, DaveOL said:

JKW At one point I was told build week 32 and that was quoted as 6 August which would tie in with what Geoff W has said. When did you place your order ?

DaveOL , Sorry - just to clarify, my Build Week is 25, not as I previously quoted (35), and the order was placed on 17th April for an Edition with beige interior in Candy White, the only options being a full sized spare wheel & high beam assist (£200, standard on my Octy 3 SEL !). Apologies for any confusion caused.

44 minutes ago, JKW said:

DaveOL , Sorry - just to clarify, my Build Week is 25, not as I previously quoted (35), and the order was placed on 17th April for an Edition with beige interior in Candy White, the only options being a full sized spare wheel & high beam assist (£200, standard on my Octy 3 SEL !). Apologies for any confusion caused.

No worries, I really hope they stick to your BW. I have given up hope based on what I am reading and thinking I might try source a second hand Kodiaq instead. 

Hi, I am now waiting 4 months for delivery of my Karoq and I find the attitude and organisation of Skoda is very poor. After all I am spending over £20000. My local dealer is trying his best however like everyone else he is getting nowhere. 

1 minute ago, ronster007 said:

Just had a chat with Skoda and car still sitting at Emden awaiting assignment of a ship. That’s been a week now. Not looking over optimistic for delivery before the end of the month 

I'm in exactly the same boat.....excuse the pun. Mine has been at Emden since Friday 1st. Spoke to Skoda on chat today, and they said its normally 7-10 days and mine is now 8 days (working days). Dealer said that if it gets to 10 days it becomes the priority. Not holding my breath either.

I ordered 1.5 DSG edition with drive assist , light assist, park assist and heated screen on 26th March was alloctaed bw20 eventually confirmed to bw24 starting 1tth June. Today 13th  June contacted Skoda customer service via chat for update and was told that they have finished building car and it is on its way to port of Emden! I was under the impression that it atleast takes 7 days to built car, bit worrying that mine was built in 2 days ! any comments pls and opinions on time scale from Emden to London dealer?

30 minutes ago, Rich_H said:

I'm in exactly the same boat.....excuse the pun. Mine has been at Emden since Friday 1st. Spoke to Skoda on chat today, and they said its normally 7-10 days and mine is now 8 days (working days). Dealer said that if it gets to 10 days it becomes the priority. Not holding my breath either.

Trying to get an update from my dealer, did you have to have your Skoda order number to get an update from Skoda directly?

4 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Trying to get an update from my dealer, did you have to have your Skoda order number to get an update from Skoda directly?

Yes just ask your dealer for the order number and use this when contacting Skoda

Ordered my car in January, got told I would have it early May then they moved it to June. It arrived in the UK on the 2nd, just spoke to Skoda live chat apparently it hasn’t left, so it’s been 11 days and it’s still just waiting there. Every time I ring up the dealership they say they’ll phone me when it arrives, other than that I receive no updates and no emails. So confusing!! My recent finance document including my cars registration plate and the date vehicle gets registered which is this upcoming Friday so surely it should be there by then? Whole experience has been ridiculous 

7 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Did you purchase through Hortons in Lincoln? I did (via CarWow) and they seemed reluctant to give me the order number saying that I can ring them for updates and not to call Skoda directly... helpful or suspicious, you decide?

Each update I had (majority I had to chase for), the collection date crept back a little bit but finally have a reg and am picking up next week (ordered 20th Feb and originally quoted for 31st May delivery).

1.5 Edition DSG. Hopefully it's worth the wait.

Edited by monkey153

Picking up my 1.5 sel, black, manual, car assist and family pack tomorrow. Ordered 13 March with an expected delivery date of 11 July. Had a predicted build week 20, was built in week 20 (14 May). Was at Emden on 25 May, in the UK on 5 June. Arrived at the dealer yesterday and will be ready for me to pick up tomorrow. Everything has gone smoothly and no issues with either Skoda or my dealer. So that's 4 weeks from build week to pick up.

5 minutes ago, monkey153 said:

Did you purchase through Hortons in Lincoln? I did (via CarWow) and they seemed reluctant to give me the order number saying that I can ring them for updates and not to call Skoda directly... helpful or suspicious, you decide?

Each update I had (majority I had to chase for), the collection date crept back a little bit but finally have a reg and am picking up next week (ordered 20th Feb and originally quoted for 31st May delivery).

1.5 Edition DSG. Hopefully it's worth the wait.

Yes ordered from Hortons Lincoln 21st March and they won't give me Skoda order number stating that Skoda have asked them not to, to prevent increase in contact through to Skoda direct. Had build week 23 (4th June)

4 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Yes ordered from Hortons Lincoln 21st March and they won't give me Skoda order number stating that Skoda have asked them not to, to prevent increase in contact through to Skoda direct. Had build week 23 (4th June)

You can obtain your order number through live chat if you give them your details and customer ID. That's what I did as my Dealer was on holiday. 

Andrea

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Geoff W said:

Just had my 3rd chat with Skoda following my delivery of a 1.5 DSG SEL ordered early March moved from build week 21 to week 32 by the dealer. I was then told by Skoda UK that the build date had always been week 27 which is 3rd July. They have now acknowledged the factory is in fact shutdown for 4 weeks of July 2018 hence my dealers date of beginning of August build maybe being more accurate. They claimed they were not aware of the shutdown until they investigated themselves! 

Anybody here given a build date during July should ask for clarification. 

I really have no faith when it will ever get built! 

This is different to previous years, factory shutdown was 3 weeks (not 4)

Found this link to Skoda update from 2015 (last week July and 2 weeks Aug), so when did it gain a week and move 3 weeks earlier ?

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/factory-holiday-skoda-auto-optimize-expand-production-facilities/

3 hours ago, IceyLady said:

You can obtain your order number through live chat if you give them your details and customer ID. That's what I did as my Dealer was on holiday. 

Andrea

Thanks managed to get an update from Skoda Live Chat... status SLI 30 on route to Emden, at least it's built! 

My dealer now telling me my car is on a ship but does not have the shipping information available yet Skoda still saying it is sitting in Emden. I was under the impression the dealers have access to the same info as Skoda. 

4 hours ago, ronster007 said:

Yes just ask your dealer for the order number and use this when contacting Skoda

Dealer will not give me mine said its for business use not customer use

I would be reminding your dealer of the expression 'lifetime customer value'. He may have your business this time round, but if he values you as a customer, he should be happy to give you the SLI number. Other dealers do it, Skoda UK Customer services use it for customer enquiry reference purposes, so there is no reason for your dealer not to share it with you...or perhaps he has something to hide?

Perhaps the time has come for us to share and rate dealers? I am not sure if it is allowed here, or already done elsewhere on this site. 

A good reputation can be hard to keep, but is very easily lost.

• Like 1

Cancelled my order. Well I should have got the car by 29th at the latest. Hadn’t heard anything from the dealer but information from Skoda chat was that it was released for shipping at Emden. Visited dealer this afternoon and all appeared okay delivery to them on the 26th. Got home feeling happy only get a phone call from him to say he had c****d up and they were not going receive the car until the 26th July. No explanation.

My current PCH terminates on the 25th June. Had no choice but cancel as I use a car for work.

Very dissatisfying and very peed off. Spoke to Kia and I can have a car in four days. Not the car I wanted but no choice.

To those that are still waiting, the best of luck to you.

Bye

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dratuk said:

Cancelled my order. Well I should have got the car by 29th at the latest. Hadn’t heard anything from the dealer but information from Skoda chat was that it was released for shipping at Emden. Visited dealer this afternoon and all appeared okay delivery to them on the 26th. Got home feeling happy only get a phone call from him to say he had c****d up and they were not going receive the car until the 26th July. No explanation.

My current PCH terminates on the 25th June. Had no choice but cancel as I use a car for work.

Very dissatisfying and very peed off. Spoke to Kia and I can have a car in four days. Not the car I wanted but no choice.

Bye

Where is your dealer and what had you ordered, I will take it !!!

6 minutes ago, Dratuk said:

Bye

Getting the month wrong is a stupid and unforgivable error. I honestly cannot blame you for cancelling, looks like you had no choice.

Have you gone for a Sportage? I couldn't ditch mine fast enough - 2 years driving the top spec was plenty long enough for me.