Delivery times

cjrp

On 16/08/2019 at 18:51, StevioC said:

Just had an update from the supplying dealer that m

Had an email today from the supplying dealer that my Karoq was built as expected this week and is in transit. They've given me a notional date of the 16th of Sep along with the reg number etc but might be earlier . Cant wait!

Being delivered to my work place on 3rd September. I was offered the 2nd but I've a few meetings I wouldn't want to duck out of to recieve it. How exciting 

5 minutes ago, StevioC said:

Being delivered to my work place on 3rd September. I was offered the 2nd but I've a few meetings I wouldn't want to duck out of to recieve it. How exciting 

Ooh, that is exciting. To quote our leasing broker ‘The Skoda Karoq is confirmed for production this week, then it is circa 4 weeks for delivery, everything currently looks on track for late September delivery. Sorry for the delayed reply.’ That was on the 15th, so hopefully we’ll get ours earlier as you have with what seems to be the sane build week.

52 minutes ago, Ragus said:

Ooh, that is exciting. To quote our leasing broker ‘The Skoda Karoq is confirmed for production this week, then it is circa 4 weeks for delivery, everything currently looks on track for late September delivery. Sorry for the delayed reply.’ That was on the 15th, so hopefully we’ll get ours earlier as you have with what seems to be the sane build week.

This is exciting!

I found out today from the Skoda live chat that mine was on the transporter on its way to the dealer!!!!

I’ve got my GAP quote from the chap who recommends it on here and it is cheaper & for an extra year than the quote from the dealer, so that’s a saving.

I’m anticipating a call mid next week from the dealer to arrange my collection date, so here poses a question, I will be having the car on my own personal plate so does it really matter if it is registered a late 19 or early 69 plate, is there really much in it? I’ve waited so long an extra couple of days will make no difference if it affects resale but if it doesn’t then I’ll have it ASAP, any ideas anyone?!

1 hour ago, Ness1812 said:

I’m anticipating a call mid next week from the dealer to arrange my collection date, so here poses a question, I will be having the car on my own personal plate so does it really matter if it is registered a late 19 or early 69 plate, is there really much in it? I’ve waited so long an extra couple of days will make no difference if it affects resale but if it doesn’t then I’ll have it ASAP, any ideas anyone?!

Exciting times indeed! After waiting so long I think you’d be crazy not to wait for the new ‘69 plate. When it comes time to trade in / sell in the future the different plate will absolutely  result in difference of a few hundred pounds in value. In your position I’d even hold off assigning the personalised plates for a while and enjoy driving around in a ‘69’er - personalised plates to be assigned just ahead of the ‘20 plate introduction next March. But each to their own...

I’m soon to join the ’Roq club myself but having gone down the leasing route my situation really makes no difference to me at all, particularly as the car was a pre-reg deal. Show me the car!! 

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy!

• Like 1

Got the order number finally for ours so can get updates direct. Just spoke this morning on live chat. Build week 33 confirmed. No further update on the system. So i’d Imagine it’s not yet in transit which would be a shame, but at least it’s built now.

• Like 1

So the saga continues. No response from my dealer so I’ve had to ask on the live chat again. I’m not sure my dealer actually wants to sell me this car, I can only hope that the after sales service is better than the before, as so far I’m on my 3rd salesperson as the 2 previous “no longer work for us” and I only find that out when I call to ask to speak to them. I play table tennis with their receptionist and my voicemail when all I need is an update left on the voicemail rather than them asking me to call them back then when I do they aren’t available or have left the company! I’m really not an awkward customer but I’m beginning to feel like I should start to be one, I wonder how long it will take for them to tell me they have my car!!

3B9703E2-AB11-44C6-B936-1E29ABF649E1.jpeg

Edited by Ness1812

My latest update. Skoda confirmed the car was completed BW 33, but still at the factory waiting to be put on a transporter to the port. Had hoped it would be further along that that, but with any luck may get it next month.

• Like 1

So eventually I had a video message from yet another salesperson yesterday, saying he is now handling my sale (is my sale jinxed?!) asking me to call him today, his comments weren’t in line with the email request I had sent to the previous salesman leaving me wondering if he had read any of the previous correspondence. I called back and guess what, he was busy, receptionist said she would ask him to call me. I then forwarded the emails to him between the previous salesman and myself, hoping to put him in the picture for when he called. He didn’t. Instead, at nearly closing time, he emailed to say that he believed my car had arrived and that the earliest he could get it ready for would be next Wednesday. They have had my car since 22.9.19, therefore, even with the bank holiday, I consider 5 full weekdays long enough to get my car ready, I have responded and said how disappointed I am. This is dragging on way too long and I really hope they pull their finger out 😡

13 minutes ago, Ness1812 said:

So eventually I had a video message from yet another salesperson yesterday, saying he is now handling my sale (is my sale jinxed?!) asking me to call him today, his comments weren’t in line with the email request I had sent to the previous salesman leaving me wondering if he had read any of the previous correspondence. I called back and guess what, he was busy, receptionist said she would ask him to call me. I then forwarded the emails to him between the previous salesman and myself, hoping to put him in the picture for when he called. He didn’t. Instead, at nearly closing time, he emailed to say that he believed my car had arrived and that the earliest he could get it ready for would be next Wednesday. They have had my car since 22.9.19, therefore, even with the bank holiday, I consider 5 full weekdays long enough to get my car ready, I have responded and said how disappointed I am. This is dragging on way too long and I really hope they pull their finger out 😡

How frustrating, don’t these people appreciate how exciting it is to get a new car. They could get so much goodwill by appreciating that and communicating accordingly.

Thank you Rooty for your advice, I will give the current salesman until 10am to call me and if not will do as you say.

The start of this story goes like this:

I was due to view a Karoq Technology back in April, with a few miles on clock but had exactly the spec I wanted (minus the door bin!) but it was a 60 mile round trip. I had been looking for a nearly new one for a while and my local dealer hadn’t had the right one in. Husband not keen on the long trip on his rest day went down to local dealer, told them my spec, they said they had exactly that car in, so I went down, test drove, fell in love & paid £500 deposit. I was then perusing info about ACC (one of my requirements) and thought that I hadn’t actually seen that facility on this ones electronic dash, contacted dealer next day, they assured me it had, still wasn’t sure so took hubby down and we test drove again, oh dear no, says salesperson, it hasn’t but it’s a great car. This now explains why, when I searched for the spec I wanted, my local dealer hadn’t come up.

I’m really not happy at this point as I’ve lost the other car, salesperson suggests for money that I’m spending and after Skoda discount, I may as well order new and get the spec I want. So we go away to discuss for a couple of days and then decide to go ahead with the new car.

And this is where the pillar to post salespeople debacle begins. I am really wondering why I am giving them my business (let alone the 30k!) as I’m sure you all are too.

I blame my husband!!!

Edited by Ness1812

32 minutes ago, Ness1812 said:

Thank you Rooty for your advice, I will give the current salesman until 10am to call me and if not will do as you say.

The start of this story goes like this:

I was due to view a Karoq Technology back in April, with a few miles on clock but had exactly the spec I wanted (minus the door bin!) but it was a 60 mile round trip. I had been looking for a nearly new one for a while and my local dealer hadn’t had the right one in. Husband not keen on the long trip on his rest day went down to local dealer, told them my spec, they said they had exactly that car in, so I went down, test drove, fell in love & paid £500 deposit. I was then perusing info about ACC (one of my requirements) and thought that I hadn’t actually seen that facility on this ones electronic dash, contacted dealer next day, they assured me it had, still wasn’t sure so took hubby down and we test drove again, oh dear no, says salesperson, it hasn’t but it’s a great car. This now explains why, when I searched for the spec I wanted, my local dealer hadn’t come up.

I’m really not happy at this point as I’ve lost the other car, salesperson suggests for money that I’m spending and after Skoda discount, I may as well order new and get the spec I want. So we go away to discuss for a couple of days and then decide to go ahead with the new car.

And this is where the pillar to post salespeople debacle begins. I am really wondering why I am giving them my business (let alone the 30k!) as I’m sure you all are too.

I blame my husband!!!

I though all the SE techs came with adaptive cruise control?

36 minutes ago, Ragus said:

I though all the SE techs came with adaptive cruise control?

Hi Ragus

Yes they do, the one the dealer offered me was an SE L with extras, one they claimed was the ACC.

i was told, same as others on here that the Tech was only available on lease & so was put off ordering one, hence me going for the SE L with extras, one being the drivers assist pack I think it’s called.

Having typed all this up, I'm really not sure why they deserve my business.

2 hours ago, Ness1812 said:

They have had my car since 22.9.19, therefore, even with the bank holiday, I consider 5 full weekdays long enough to get my car ready

Did you select the time travel option with the car then?

Thanks AG Falco

1 hour ago, Ness1812 said:

Hi Ragus

Yes they do, the one the dealer offered me was an SE L with extras, one they claimed was the ACC.

i was told, same as others on here that the Tech was only available on lease & so was put off ordering one, hence me going for the SE L with extras, one being the drivers assist pack I think it’s called.

Having typed all this up, I'm really not sure why they deserve my business.

Hi Ness, I thought on the SE-L spec Karoq ACC was standard?

13 minutes ago, Ragus said:

Strangely not. Don’t think it’s Even standard on the Edition.

Yes it’s £305 extra or part of the driver assistance package at just under £1000 is my understanding.

Edited by Ness1812

31 minutes ago, Ness1812 said:

What was/were the reasons for the delay?

Ordered at the Motor show ( 1984 ). Manufacture ( not Skoda ) had not yet got round to making them yet.

I was in the que with the rest of europe. 😮

Thanks AG Falco

21 hours ago, Ragus said:

Strangely not. Don’t think it’s Even standard on the Edition.

I had to add the ACC as an option to my Edition earlier this year. I don't use it a lot but it's well worth it in situations when I do in my humble opinion when I do. I'd definitely add it to my future cars if available.

So the saga continues, I eventually had a call from the salesman and have arranged a meeting with the Sales Manager at 9am tomorrow. The salesman couldn’t confirm the spec of my car and whether all of the extras had been added, not reassuring at all. 

Unfortunately my husband is at work tomorrow so I will be going alone, hopefully I won’t be bamboozled.

I’ll update tomorrow for this of you that are following this soap style drama!!

13 minutes ago, Ness1812 said:

So the saga continues, I eventually had a call from the salesman and have arranged a meeting with the Sales Manager at 9am tomorrow. The salesman couldn’t confirm the spec of my car and whether all of the extras had been added, not reassuring at all. 

Unfortunately my husband is at work tomorrow so I will be going alone, hopefully I won’t be bamboozled.

I’ll update tomorrow for this of you that are following this soap style drama!!

What the deuce! Don’t take any nonsense. How grim. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1