Delivery times

cjrp

4 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

I have heard lots of salespeople over the years saying they make nothing out of Motability cars.

I know different.

A salesperson might want the registration in a quarter and in that 'sales figures',  but tough titty if they don't get what they want.

When you put your PIN in the machine and the hand over is done the money transfer is done.

If you are paying extra you pay that.  They do damn well from Motability & those leasing.

yes I still have the advance  payment to pay

still cheaper than BMW X1  

and dearer than mini countryman plug in

6 minutes ago, xman said:

I expect that Motability is bread and butter business for dealers. What engineering might call base load.

Reliable, steady numbers....

well I think all new cars on the road are rental motability or pay monthly

• Confused 1

@gSvrs  People still buy cars with their cash money or money they borrow and intend owning the car & being the person that can sell or trade the car in.

If they borrow cash that is on the never never but they might pay that off and be a owner.

Motability is the biggest group buyer in the UK.

It has been Bread & Butter for the New Car trade in the UK and the source of many thousands (200,000 a year or so.) of 3 year old or less used 'one previous registered keeper' cars every year coming from BCA.

(Motability say they have more than 650,000 customers, they have more than that, and more vehicles than they have customers..)

They say they have leased over 3 million since the 1970's, they have bought and leased out a lot more than that.

Do the maths if they have an average 1/2 a million customers getting new cars every 3-5 years for 40 years. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motability

Changing a bit now as thousands of people every month lose DLA / PIP and have to return the lease car, get £2,000, £1,000 or £250 transition payment, go carless or buy something, 

maybe appeal, win the appeal and then order another car.

Motability are providing more cars to younger people, even 16 year olds that can get a driving licence.

Lots of people 'working for 'The Charity' do very well financially as do many in the Motor Trade. The head of Motability does really really well from it, as do the banks that hold the billions that Motability have in their funds.

http://skoda.co.uk/car-finance/motability

http://motability.co.uk/cars-scooters-and-powerchairs/cars-overview

http://motability.co.uk

Edited by Roottootemoot

Still not heard a thing from our leasing broker after a month on delivery time having been promised delivery for the middle of August.

Do wonder from start to finish how long it takes to build a Karoq. Really have no idea how long it takes to build a car.

• 2 weeks later...

Ragus

I had a gap between my old lease and new delivery because of Skoda.  I could only negotiate a £100 voucher and free servicing for 2 years.

On 30/07/2019 at 23:38, KEW9 said:

Ragus

I had a gap between my old lease and new delivery because of Skoda.  I could only negotiate a £100 voucher and free servicing for 2 years.

Did you negotiate that direct with VWFS/Skoda Financial or through your broker?

Assuming £500 a month car hire and £300 cost of the lease. We’ll be £400ish out of pocket over 2 months. So two years free servicing would be a reasonable solution to me.

2 Years free servicing a poor deal if the car stays on Variable / Flexible Servicing and not getting done till 24 months / 18,500 -20,000 miles.

VW Finance can arrange much better than that and a car.   VW MOBEX sceme.

Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 09.46.54.png

Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 09.47.15.png

Edited by Roottootemoot

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have had notification today that my car is built and on a train to the port of exit in Germany where it has been assigned to a shipping vessel which will take 2 weeks to get the the UK (or longer if there are storms!). After that it will be brought by transporter to my dealer, checked and then ready for me to collect, I’m guessing I’ve got a further 4 weeks wait, what are others experiences? I ordered this car in April!!

Ordered my Octavia 1.0 TSI SE estate in April. No factory extras. Unconfirmed build date 7/10/19. May not get it until November. 7 months after ordering. Really can’t believe how long it’s taking. Not impressed. 

Edited by Bobwilson63

Ordered our Karoq in June with a built slot to allow for delivery to us in early August, just heard today likely delivery late September and the car being built this week apparently. So no real news, don’t trust the broker at all.

Old lease car now collected, so having to hire something at £500/month which is irritating.

Edited by Ragus

Ordered Karoq Sportline with Virtual cockpit, Driver Assistance Package, Heated Front Screen and Columbus 9.2 on 1st May and was told by dealer it would probably arrive 1st August.

Just been informed it arrived in port in the UK this morning is also an MY20 Build model according to the dealer and have now arranged for a 1st September registration with the dealer.

• Like 2

What colour did you go for with your Sportline? Sounds like a nice spec. Which part of the East Riding are you in - I wouldn't mind having a look when you get it. 

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2019 at 09:12, StevioC said:

Ordered a Karoq 1.6 DSG SE Tech with a colour and Varioflex seat options last week myself.  Was told approx 12 weeks.

Another dealer tried to tell me the SE Tech was only available for company car users and heavily tried to push us to order a SE L DSG that they could get from the docks this week..

Just had an update from the supplying dealer that m

On 03/07/2019 at 19:47, StevioC said:

Got me a build week 33 update earlier,  fingers crossed with me mid Sep

Had an email today from the supplying dealer that my Karoq was built as expected this week and is in transit. They've given me a notional date of the 16th of Sep along with the reg number etc but might be earlier . Cant wait!

I was told this about the technology so went for the SE L too, 1.5 DSG, lots of extras including the door bin 😂. Why do the dealers say this? I’m still waiting for mine but I’m starting to get excited now 😁

5 minutes ago, Bobwilson63 said:

I think the dealers say this because the SE Tech is not available on finance or PCP’s which they like to sell. 

That’s interesting as I’m not having mine on either!

14 hours ago, StevioC said:

Just had an update from the supplying dealer that m

Had an email today from the supplying dealer that my Karoq was built as expected this week and is in transit. They've given me a notional date of the 16th of Sep along with the reg number etc but might be earlier . Cant wait!

We were told this week for our built too, hopefully mid-September, but the broker suggested late September.

19 hours ago, westie38 said:

What colour did you go for with your Sportline? Sounds like a nice spec. Which part of the East Riding are you in - I wouldn't mind having a look when you get it. 

Welcome to the forum.

Hi Westie,

The colour is Velvet Red, also has the new Kessy System with motion sensors in the keys, have sent you a PM . 

On 14/08/2019 at 18:42, Roottootemoot said:

What a shame yours must be coming 2nd class.

Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 18.39.58.png

Well I’ve just checked again with Skoda Live Chat and apparently mine arrived in Grimsby yesterday, so maybe they changed it from second class to express delivery! I’m starting to allow myself to get a little excited now 😁

Edited by Ness1812
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ness1812 said:

Well I’ve just checked again with Skoda Live Chat and apparently mine arrived in Grimsby yesterday, so maybe they changed it from second class to express delivery! I’m starting to allow myself to get a little excited now 😁

Great news! Very excited for you, when was your build week?

Mine was confirmed as built last week, so trying to get a steer when it may come into this country.

2 minutes ago, Ragus said:

Great news! Very excited for you, when was your build week?

Mine was confirmed as built last week, so trying to get a steer when it may come into this country.

Hi Ragus, it was build week 32. The pre sale service from my dealer has been dreadful, I’m onto my third salesperson as the previous 2 “left the company” and it appears that they have just forgotten to keep me updated, I’m so grateful for this forum to gather info, such as contacting the live chat. Have you contacted them?

Just now, Ness1812 said:

Hi Ragus, it was build week 32. The pre sale service from my dealer has been dreadful, I’m onto my third salesperson as the previous 2 “left the company” and it appears that they have just forgotten to keep me updated, I’m so grateful for this forum to gather info, such as contacting the live chat. Have you contacted them?

I’m leasing mine, so I don’t have any of the order details to get info from live chat. The broker’s been most frustrating given the lack of updates. But they did say it had a confirmed build week last week, so trying to gauge likely delivery.

Looks like mine may only be a week behind yours with any luck.

7 minutes ago, Ragus said:

I’m leasing mine, so I don’t have any of the order details to get info from live chat. The broker’s been most frustrating given the lack of updates. But they did say it had a confirmed build week last week, so trying to gauge likely delivery.

Looks like mine may only be a week behind yours with any luck.

I got my order number from the live chat, they asked me for my name, address etc and gave it to me, maybe it is different with a lease car though. Let’s hope you haven’t got too long a wait 👍🏼