Delivery times

cjrp

Had another update via email from Skoda UK saying "I can confirm that your ŠKODA KAROQ has been built and has been shipped to the UK as of yesterday, you can expect delivery of the vehicle in approximately 3 weeks time'

Given Tuesday's update was that the car was at the factory waiting to be shipped, I'm hoping that was an old update and my understanding of the email above is that the car is in the UK rather than it's in the process of being shipped. Either way...progress.

Look forward to hearing how you get on Ness1812

I picked up another Skoda couple of weeks ago (not a karoq,

lease) which came thru quicker than I thought and the dealer explained it depends where 

the vehicle is on the dockside (grimsby i think) -- if you car is easily accesible than you will get it quicker -- if it is at the back or not so easily 

to reach then it might take a little longer. 

Latest news, had meeting with Manager this morning, very apologetic about changes in staff and my other issues, he will do his best for me to be able to collect late Monday. The vehicle, on paper, has everything I ordered so fingers crossed I will be a happy Karoq owner very soon 😁

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I found our Karoq on CarWow at the correct spec (SEL) and colour, with the lowest CarWow price matched by our dealer. We didn't want any extras, except for dealer-fitted options. so it was collected by us a week after the order was placed. It had 33 miles on the clock, so presumably it was driven from the other dealer.

On 29/08/2019 at 11:38, Ness1812 said:

Latest news, had meeting with Manager this morning, very apologetic about changes in staff and my other issues, he will do his best for me to be able to collect late Monday. The vehicle, on paper, has everything I ordered so fingers crossed I will be a happy Karoq owner very soon 😁

Did you get it?😀

Hi Ness1812,

I picked it up  and have to say I'm impressed, the new version of blind spot monitoring is a lot better with bigger orange warning lights on the inside edge of the wing mirror housing.

First time driving an Automatic DSG, will take some getting used to and the Virtual cockpit is fantastic.

The Sports seats feel really comfortable too.

It's my first Skoda after driving Ford's for a few years, but can say it's better than the Kuga I used to own.

On 01/09/2019 at 09:44, Ragus said:

Possibly getting a little out of hand here, but a car ship arrived from Emden to Grimsby yesterday and is on it’s way back already, so hoping my Karoq was on that one...is car stalking considered ‘a thing’? 

YES!......It's just a bloody car!

• Haha 1

I ordered a Karoq 1.5Tsi SEL DSG in Business Grey on August 6th and was told by the dealer that they had cars on factory order, one of which was this spec, and I would be allocated that car.  The only addition I wanted was ACC, which I have in my Passat, and it’s now a must have feature.  Build week was to be Week 37, week beginning September 9th, and I subsequently confirmed that with Skoda Live Chat.  I was expecting to take delivery early October.  Then, unexpectedly, I had a call from the salesman yesterday telling me he had a proposition for me.  I thought he might be about to try to sell me something I didn’t want, but he said that they’d just had a delivery of cars into stock, and one of them was a Karoq matching my spec, with the exception that it had the electrically operated tailgate, which is a £500 option.  They were prepared to offer me that one instead of waiting and would waive the £500 cost, if I wanted to accept.  He confirmed that it was new, still “wrapped”, so there was nothing to think about.  I visited the dealer late yesterday, and the salesman showed me the car still with its protective wrapping on it, and it is MY20.  I collect it next Wednesday now, instead of waiting until October, which is most pleasing.  I’m not sure how they can make an offer like that, unless it’s to meet sales targets, but I’m not complaining.

• Like 1

Did it have the ACC?  not a common thing to add as a stock order.... but neither would be electric boot...

My guess is that perhaps you did not push as hard as you could on the first deal...  the dealer has around 10% they can deal with plus the finance deposits by VW finance on PCP...

But for sure a WIN !!  Congratulations..

Our Karoq at Grimsby, woohoo!

Hopefully not too long now.

Popped in to the dealer at the weekend, forgot how lovely an environment it is to be in. Driving around in a 17 plate Focus hire car at the moment, should make us love the Karoq even more. 

Car booked in for delivery on Wednesday 😃

1.6TD SE Tech Energy Blue (not fussed) with electric boot. 13 weeks from order to delivery.

Car Ordered: 20th June - ETA mid August

Build Week Confirmed: 15th August - BW33

Confirmed Built and Left Factory: 24th August

Arrived at Emden: 27th August

Arrived at Grimsby: 9th September

Arrived at Dealer: 11th September

Delivery booked: 19th September

• Like 1

Car arrived safe and sound.

Generally over the moon, so much more comfortable.

Few thoughts:

The beeping when opening the electric tailgate is infuriating, the whole street must be able to hear it.

Why can’t you close the boot from the key fob?

Skoda Connect App is very limited.

• Like 1