Delivery times

cjrp

1 minute ago, Roottootemoot said:

Welcome.

It should be a MY20 model, but really you do need to ask the Dealership employee when it was built and how long sitting at Calais if a right hand drive car bound for the UK.

3 weeks is a long time to get to a dealers from Calais.

That's what I thought, he said max 3 to 4 weeks so I'm hoping it will be quicker! Not too fussed if it isn't 2020 model as the changes are only minor.

I would want to know then if a MY2020 with the latest Sofrware Update from the factory if that is different from a MY19 that might need a software update.

Not that the Sales Person is likely to know or care, or be prepared to find out more.

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg.24a37f9163e0ba1cfd6b6fd298e8e592.jpg

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

On 15/10/2019 at 08:40, Roottootemoot said:

I would want to know then if a MY2020 with the latest Sofrware Update from the factory if that is different from a MY19 that might need a software update.

Not that the Sales Person is likely to know or care, or be prepared to find out more.

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg.24a37f9163e0ba1cfd6b6fd298e8e592.jpg

I messaged the dealer and he has confirmed that it's the 2020 model, delivery estimate is now 28th Oct which is 2 weeks less than originally quoted, happy days!

I’ve been told to ask again on Skoda chat on Monday 21st  for updates as a lot of cars are still in transit to Emden where Skoda are shipped from and the usually disembark ay Imogen on the Humber 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, anyone thats recently ordered? 

Thinking of ordering but some dealers swear its a 25 week lead time, while a couple of others state 10 weeks. I don't want to be duped into ordering thinking I'll get it sooner than I can and I just get constant delay messages. 

Or is it those that state 25 weeks are only saying that as they want to try and offload their current stock rather (which they seem to be) ordering a factory one. If its 10 weeks I'll go for it but trying to ascertain what the reality is amongst the sale spiels... 

1 minute ago, Briggo said:

Hi, anyone thats recently ordered? 

Thinking of ordering but some dealers swear its a 25 week lead time, while a couple of others state 10 weeks. I don't want to be duped into ordering thinking I'll get it sooner than I can and I just get constant delay messages. 

Or is it those that state 25 weeks are only saying that as they want to try and offload their current stock rather (which they seem to be) ordering a factory one. If its 10 weeks I'll go for it but trying to ascertain what the reality is amongst the sale spiels... 

I think the 25 weeks applies only to the 1L petrol engine. I ordered a 1.5L SEL manual 3 weeks ago and picked it up on Saturday. We did look through what was available at the docks in Calais with the dealer and chose ours from there, depends what they've got available. We couldn't wait for 25 weeks and just compromised on the colour, although I now absolutely love the Business Grey that I purchased!

IMG_20191103_094401.jpg

Škoda Chat and my dealer told me my Kodiaq which was ordered with 12 weeks ( still waiting and will be around 18 weeks) that new orders were 25 weeks

this was not all models

so I would say depends what you want to order

high end and Diesels were affected on Kodiaq but that may have spread.....

4 hours ago, jet-black said:

My 1.0 tsi was ordered in July and has only just been built.. Fingers crossed for an early Xmas present but not hopeful. Considering I was told it would be 12 weeks it will be ~20.

Mine was ordered the same time as you and I have just been advised by the dealer that it is now in Europe and on its way having been built last week. Should be about 4 - 5 more weeks, so should be before Christmas - just!!

21 minutes ago, Smokeyjoe said:

Mine was ordered the same time as you and I have just been advised by the dealer that it is now in Europe and on its way having been built last week. Should be about 4 - 5 more weeks, so should be before Christmas - just!!

I've found Skoda Live Chat excellent for getting updates. On Monday they said it was going through quality checking and he expected it to be at the UK port in two weeks with it arriving at the dealer the following week. If that all goes to plan that leaves two whole weeks before the Christmas week so plenty of time to collect it hopefully... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Berisford said:

Now in Europe?

Where's it come from?

LOL. I am only quoting what the dealer said in his email! I guess he means that it is making its way across Europe, but maybe he knows something we don't

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Fergusthedog said:

Karoq finally made it to Grimsby yesterday morning YAY, needs to be transported to Mitchells in Ellesmere Port Cheshire.  Anyone know how long it should now take to be transported and PDI'd for me to pick up?

Thanks

I would think you should be collecting it by the 10th December as dealers not too busy at the moment and will be desperate for the registration.:thumbup:

28 minutes ago, Fergusthedog said:

Karoq finally made it to Grimsby yesterday morning YAY, needs to be transported to Mitchells in Ellesmere Port Cheshire.  Anyone know how long it should now take to be transported and PDI'd for me to pick up?

Thanks

I've been told the cars can be at Grimsby for a max of two weeks, transporting can take 24/48 hrs with another 24/48 for final inspection