Seat belt warning sign.

Sam91

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site and I have a question please:

I recently bought a Skoda Fabia 2008 and I am happy with it so far.

My only concern is when I turn the ignition on I have no seat belt warning sign on the dashboard illuminating even when driving is this normal or is there something wrong with the car.

I would appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Kind regards,

Sam,

I have a seatbelt warning on the dashboard and if you ignore this, after a short distance at a modest speed, the warning alarm starts to "Bing-Bing" Until you lock the belt. I am fairly sure this is the normal set-up for most Fabia's. Maxi-dot displays may will differ.  You may have had an airbag go off and not had the system re-set or it could be a more simple fault. Do you have front airbags both sides? Seat airbags?  Have a look at the wiring down by the seatbelt tensioner, where you plug it in. Does the wiring look intact? It could be a fuse, even. I would be at least concerned, as the seatbelt is designed to retract on collision, to keep you restrained. These things I mentioned are only suggestions, don't feel too worried but do get it investigated when you can. Perhaps ask the previous owner or if it was a dealership, ask them. They should ensure the vehicle is fit for purpose so a correctly working seatbelt system MUST be covered by that.

As mentioned, the model may not have one. I cannot say for sure but my (09) Greenline has just the one, on the drivers seat. Nothing on the passenger or rear seats. I would find it a little strange on a fairly modern car, not to have at least a drivers seat one but... Perhaps check with the main dealer or if possible, an old spec brochure if you can find/download one.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hei Sam91, 

I have Fobia II BXW 2009, and i am banging my head for that thing too... Can you please confirm what happened on your end ? 

I can find this function within my car..

It must be considered that this car might not even have such a sensor, perhaps? I may have a Mk1 and quite a few of them had beepers for various things, but my modest mid-spec model doesn't have a beeper for a seatbelt on any seat, nor a light that comes up on the dashboard. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've checked my car - dont have wires or any modules/coding available for such option. Car was for Italian market...but yet i think all EU spec must have it by default. The other option is that EU made them mandatory from 2010+ 

I still think this can be turned on,

Post a scan of your instruments from VCDS, so it looks like below

Address 17: Instruments        Labels: 1K0-920-xxx-17.lbl
   Part No: 1K0 920 952 D
   Component: KOMBIINSTRUMENT 3HL 1212  
   Coding: 0023203
   Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
   VCID: 2B000E667F03FACFA8B-807E

No fault code found.

I have a "feeling" your coding will be possibly 0021203 ??

Address 17: Instruments        Labels: 5J0-920-xxx-17.clb
   Part No: 5J0 920 811 B
   Component: KOMBIINSTR.    V2802476  
   Coding: 17103
   Shop #: WSC 13765  
   VCID: 267CCF6CA8AD1AD294D-5160

You car is using CAN my car is the last of the Fab II that use k-line... i assume its one of the reasons 

Edited by zrock1
technicality added

K-Line or CAN, both can be coded, its just how its done. CAN would be via bytes on the long coding part of VCDS, with K-line you have to add / subtract the values to code the module.

Your current code is 17103 (above)..............you could try to change code to :-

Ps the scan is not from my car, just an example of what I asked you to post.

Edited by UrbanPanzer
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...