Audio Additions & Replacements on 06 reg Octavia MK II

Hi everyone.

I have just brought my 06 reg Skoda Octavia MK II L&K Diesel 1.9 TDI out of mothballs after having a company car for a while.

I need some advice on what to replace my original STREAM head unit with. 

I know it needs to be a double DIN, I dont have a preference on manufacturer as long as its not a Chinese knock-off, I would also need to know what facer,ariel and bus adapter for steering wheel controls I would need.    

I have an iPhone 7 and would like a unit that is Apple CarPlay compatible as I would like to use it for google maps and music streaming via Spotify for example and also some form of aux etc for phones that dont have apple or android CarPlay

I still have the original speakers which are sounding  a little ropey so advice on what to replace them with would also be good.

I have a budget which isn't small but it isn't huge either

RCD330 Plus fits quite a lot of those criteria. They do come from China, but are VW OEM kit over there

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/radio-15/oem-6rd035187a-mib-car-radio-65inch/

Android Auto/Apple CarPlay (including Spotify, Maps navication etc), integrated bluetooth for calling and audio streaming, aux input on front, SD card, rear camera input. And cheap too! 

Only thing I'm struggling with is FM signal

Don't discount some of the Chinese units for around £250 are very good, I have an Erisin unit which is plug and play and does all of the above and more and is a straight fit into the original surround.

+1 for Chinese units, I fitted an Erisin android unit a couple of months ago, great value for around  £250 including the DAB adapter, included dab aerial went straight in the bin in favour of an external glass mount 1,

Includes bluetooth and satnav and fits the standard trim, easy to fit, just plug in, also displays the climate info and parking sensor. 

20180221_151024.jpg

20180221_151031.jpg

20180221_151038.jpg

2 hours ago, Cryonut said:

+1 for Chinese units, I fitted an Erisin android unit a couple of months ago, great value for around  £250 including the DAB adapter, included dab aerial went straight in the bin in favour of an external glass mount 1,

Includes bluetooth and satnav and fits the standard trim, easy to fit, just plug in, also displays the climate info and parking sensor. 

20180221_151024.jpg

20180221_151031.jpg

20180221_151038.jpg

Hi pal. I’m just in process of looking for a new head unit. What model is that and where did you buy it from if you don’t mind me asking? So many different units and no definite yes or no that it will fit the bolero surround 

18 hours ago, tonyuk74 said:

Have you had any issues with battery drain? Does it show any other car data like doors open and fuel consumption etc other than climate and parking sensors. Sorry for all the questions lol. 

No battery drain issue, displays all standard stuff as the bolero I removed did, not sure about cars before 09, mines fitted to a 10 plate car.

Thats the same one I bought, fitted in an 09 pre fl LE, 5 mins fit plug and play, added a front dashcam as well, with regards to Apple carplay it does mirrorlink which i think is the same thing?

1 minute ago, Simon TDI Sport said:

Have a look here http://www.iceboxauto.com

Based in Liverpool.

I had a unit from them bought from me as a birthday present a few years ago, unfortunately the unit was defective, they claimed to have replaced the unit but sent me the same faulty unit back as it still had my phone paired with it and the same faulty parts.

When I complained I got told exactly where to go and not in a nice way.

I still have it boxed up in the garage as I can’t even give it away.