Octavia MY19 facts and rumors

7 hours ago, SimonD316 said:

I don't think the Black design package being standard has been mentioned before...

always been standard on the 245? I'm still waiting to hear about anything really new for MY19 other than the GPF.  Even the digital dash has been an option on MY18 in other markets.

On 3/22/2018 at 17:28, TheWanderer said:

I for one won't mind the loss of the absolutely atrocious split headlights, they're a disaster for the car's looks.

Can't see them going before the Octavia 4.   They don't seem to have dented sales too much.  I admit I didn't like them when I saw photos in 2016 but like many they've grown on me and the pre FL now looks old hat.

18 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Simpson’s Skoda in the north West have started posting details about the MY19 VRS 245 on Facebook today:

“The new 2019 model year ŠKODA Octavia vRS will come with a 2.0TSI 245PS engine as standard. 

The black design package is now standard specification, which includes a gloss black grille surround and wing mirrors. 

More news as we have it...”

They have it showing a 245 in all Black

Sounds like the 245 has effectively now become the standard... :angry:

Wonder what the Challenge Plus Pack will bring for MY19....

Just now, mumphie said:

Sounds like the 245 has effectively now become the standard... :angry:

Wonder what the Challenge Plus Pack will bring for MY19....

Digital cockpit, 19” wheels, black exhaust tips is my guess. And I emphasise guess, I have not ready anything to confirm it. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Digital cockpit, 19” wheels, black exhaust tips is my guess. And I emphasise guess, I have not ready anything to confirm it. 

VAQ diff will probably remain exclusive to the spec eds. Perhaps DCC and the 300 engine would be nice...!

Although, I must add - not nice for me. The only reason I managed to get a 245 was because I convinced the missus I'd keep it for a while... :crying:

Edited by mumphie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, carrock said:

Just asked the questions and Simpsons Skoda posted this reply on fbook 

the 184PS TDI engine will continue to feature in the 2019 model year vRS line up.

My source confirmed exactly this last week - current 184PS TDI  will be available on diesel VRS in Q4.

As the 184 does not have SCR and all diesels will have SCR going forward then the 184 can't continue as is.

190SCR would be a direct replacement if it gets it.

Lee

1 hour ago, mumphie said:

VAQ diff will probably remain exclusive to the spec eds. Perhaps DCC and the 300 engine would be nice...!

Although, I must add - not nice for me. The only reason I managed to get a 245 was because I convinced the missus I'd keep it for a while... :crying:

Just order the same colour, tell the missus you got a valet, if she’s like mine she couldn’t tell you the reg of her own car never mind mine

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Bailer said:

Just order the same colour, tell the missus you got a valet, if she’s like mine she couldn’t tell you the reg of her own car never mind mine

Sadly, she's into cars too... She'd notice! :dry:

On the plus side though, at least I don't have a GPF...!

Edited by mumphie

3 hours ago, juan27 said:

Why? Surely the main market for the diesel VRS has been as company cars, and I think many company car users  will now be looking at plug-in hybrids for their (undeserved) major tax advantages.

I am one of those company car users. Was looking at a superb hybrid as they will attract a BIk of 8% but they won't be available in time. This would mean paying tax of about £100 a month as opposed to £350 a month for a VRS or whatever. Company car tax, esp. For higher rate taxpayers like me, is horrendous. I have colleagues in France who pay £80 a month tax on their company cars and simply can't believe the amount we are taxed in the UK

1 minute ago, carrock said:

I am one of those company car users. Was looking at a superb hybrid as they will attract a BIk of 8% but they won't be available in time. This would mean paying tax of about £100 a month as opposed to £350 a month for a VRS or whatever. Company car tax, esp. For higher rate taxpayers like me, is horrendous. I have colleagues in France who pay £80 a month tax on their company cars and simply can't believe the amount we are taxed in the UK

It must be awful. ;) 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or what, and I don't really care, but yes it's annoying paying an extra 12 GRAND tax over a lease term for the privilege of driving round in a car that I have to drive for my job.

Edited by carrock

15 minutes ago, carrock said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or what, and I don't really care, but yes it's annoying paying an extra 12 GRAND tax over a lease term for the privilege of driving round in a car that I have to drive for my job.

Get a Citroen Berlingo. :)

Fastest thing on the motoway and tax free.

1 hour ago, carrock said:

Just to confirm I was being sarcastic, but not meant unkindly.

If you genuinely have to have a car for work and then have a contractual obligation to use for personal use I guess you have a beef.....

People think having a company car is a perk. It isn't. It wipes out all of my tax free allowance, and being a 40% tax payer I get battered. I have an Audi TTS Quattro which I use at weekend, so the only benefit I get from the VRS is going camping and other load lugging duties. Doesn't wipe out paying an extra 4 grand a year in tax though.

5 hours ago, logiclee said:

As the 184 does not have SCR and all diesels will have SCR going forward then the 184 can't continue as is.

190SCR would be a direct replacement if it gets it.

Lee

The diesel vrs will defo be 184ps when it’s launched in Q4.  Had this confirmed by someone in Skoda last week when

they were briefed by Head office. Am guessing they are adapting the current engine but won’t see an increase in power

184 will continue, with scr added I was told.

also told the 245 will lose a few bhp (v small number) for emissions, but I wasn’t paying too much attention as I am not buying a petrol.

fwiw vrs models had a 42 week lead time, when I asked :0

Edited by cheezemonkhai

6 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

184 will continue, with scr added I was told.

also told the 245 will lose a few bhp (v small number) for emissions, but I wasn’t paying too much attention as I am not buying a petrol.

fwiw vrs models had a 42 week lead time, when I asked :0

YES! MY18 245 remains a halo model!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Don’t get too excited until it’s confirmed, as I could have my wires twisted with the superb petrol engines.

The same info was rumoured a while back - that engines would go down slightly.  That said Skoda have confirmed the new vrs will be 245ps so would appear to be same unless less torque

This just popped up on the configurator page, which I’ve not seen before and was only on a few days ago. I guess we are close to MY19 info going live? Or perhaps, as it says, we should contact our local dealer for more info....

Do I bite on a current model (with a great discount) or wait for news of MY19? I wonder what sort of price increase we’ll see?

F83CDC72-B2B2-4BD0-B755-5EA263D8DB33.jpeg

• Sad 1

Been on the online chat with them and got a provisional build week of week 32 6/8/18 so that’s earlier than I was originally told. Also whilst on the chat I asked about MY19 changes and was told that all diesel models will now require adblue and also “As for the other changes, we have confirmation of some slight tweaks to the infotainment. Your Retailer can provide a PDF of these changes if you like, however, I recommend waiting for a full confirmation.”