Karoq tv advert

Nicky_P

It only shows a couple of quick shots of the car and it’s in that horrible putty colour.

Dont know what demographic they’re aiming the advert at.

I think it may be a "teaser". To be followed up by a more more informative advert. The catchy tune may become a bit of an "ear worm".

Trying to push the Karoq towards a younger/young family  generation, Skoda has already grabbed the attention of the older generation.

• Like 1

I hope it's a teaser. The wife shouted to me to come and watch but it's gone by the time I got there. I'd seen Ms Faith's involvement with Kodiak on FB but had thought it went no further.

Have to say the Skoda ads of a few years ago were superb (no pun) .

The Yeti moving through the urban area with a jungle type overlay inspired us to first look at Skoda/Yeti in 2011.

Edited by Michael G

15 hours ago, Nicky_P said:

Just watched the Karoq advert on tv with Paloma Faith, has wiggo been ditched?

Didn't really showcase the car in my opinion, more about the quirky ms Faith.

No he's still pushing the Kodiaq. His next advert shows him offering free bags of white powder though!

• Haha 1

I am shortly going to buy a Karoq I think.....But gee whiz not if it were based on the Skoda TV ad agencies thought process!      

A painful singer torturing a song "Make  your own kind of music" 

i thought they had missed their aim with the Kodiaq attempt,  with a famous cyclist as their mascot.    I thought the ad was about buying a cycle from Halfords rather than selling a car...that was very poor..... but a painful singer.. How can Skoda or their ad department be so pathetic.   And It will have cost many thousands,   as I know how much an ad campaign on TV costs   Skoda do us a favour and change you ad agency they are so bad.  

Edited by Biggles33
Typing error
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggles33 said:

I am shortly going to buy a Karoq I think.....But gee whiz not if it were based on the Skoda TV ad agencies thought process!      

A painful singer torturing a song "Make  your own kind of music" 

i thought they had missed their aim with the Kodiak attempt at a famous cyclist as their mascot.    I thought the ad was about buying a cycle from Halfords rather than selling a car...that was poor..... but a painful singer.. How can Skoda or their ad department be so pathetic.   And It will have cost many thousands,   as I know how much an ad campaign on TV costs   Skoda do us a favour and change you ad agency they are so bad.  

Already a thread on this page buddy.

I think the group they are after are the hard of hearing and for the life if me I would not call that singing attempt catchy.  Sorry, at first I thought it was a promo for X Factor auditions.  

Its really a poor show  in my opinion and I have spent many years in Broadcast TV

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Orville said:

Crap advert. Surely the subject of a 30-second ad should be visible for than 5-seconds? It looks more like a Paloma Faith promo than a new car launch. 

I still think the idea of the advert is to get your interest - you want to see more of the car, and you will on the follow up advert.

Must be using a new ad agency. I remember the Yeti ad, driving through an urban landscape with a jungle overlay. Grabbed us right off.

They need Don Draper on it :D

If you never watched Mad Men, this was a classic Don pitch:

• Like 1

Paloma Faith stars in new advert for ŠKODA
20/03/2018
ŠKODA has launched the next instalment of its Driven by Something Different series, featuring British recording artist, Paloma Faith.
Milton Keynes, 20 March 2018: ŠKODA’s latest creative is based on the brand’s Driven by Something Different ethos that celebrates individual spirit, self-confidence and a desire to stand out from the crowd; attributes shared by its customers.

Taking a starring role is ŠKODA’s latest partner, music artist Paloma Faith. The advert follows Paloma through a series of flashbacks as she fights to make it in the music industry. It depicts her struggling to fit in as a young child to performing to empty pubs, to an iconic moment early in her career where she rebukes a music executive for not listening to her sing. The flashbacks are juxtaposed with images of her now as she enjoys chart-topping success and a new period in her life as a mother.

Paloma’s forthright determination is eminently captured in the advert, which has also been turned into a feature-length music video for the ad’s soundtrack, Make Your Own Kind Of Music, performed by the songstress.

Created by Fallon London, the advert was directed by acclaimed music video director, Georgia Hudson, who has recently worked with P!nk and Ellie Goulding. The multi-channel campaign kicks off on 24 March with the full 60 second version that will air during ITV’s The Voice. The soundtrack, specially chosen by ŠKODA to mirror its message of self-confident individuality is available to listen to via streaming services.

Speaking about the new advert, Paloma Faith said: “It’s been strangely emotional to see my life on screen and I think ŠKODA has done a fantastic job capturing my journey. ‘Make Your Own Kind of Music’ is a song that really resonates with me. It’s about a fearlessness of being who you are and it’s a message that stands out strongly in the advert.”

Kirsten Stagg, Head of Marketing, ŠKODA UK, commented, “Paloma is an inspirational person who champions confidence and individuality and she stood out as the perfect choice to take Driven by Something Different that one step further. Her new role as a working mum reflects the modern-day family pressures that a lot of our customers will identify with and she will be the face of our family-friendly SUV, the ŠKODA KAROQ.”

Paloma Faith is also working with ŠKODA for its Driver’s Seat Initiative, in partnership with The Prince’s Trust – a programme which aims to give young adults a platform to learn new skills in a discipline matched to their artistic interests; such as music, art and photography. The Driver’s Seat Initiative is open to those aged between 16-25 who are not currently in employment, education or training and who exude a Driven by Something Different attitude.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/news/paloma-faith-stars-in-new-advert-for-skoda/

http://www.skoda.co.uk/paloma-faith

I am buying a car not following the life of a struggling singer...I could say something about empty pubs..... Boy have they got this wrong - unless your are a fan of her.. I like Eton John so why did they not see him loading a Rhodes Piano into the Karoq.. I would listen to Elton not her - but that is me.. But anyway its a stupid advert and not a good selling asset...I would also sack the wardrobe mistress reminds me of Christmas panto I saw three months ago.

Edited by Biggles33

The advert got you talking, posting on Social Media, has people doing internet searches, watching the advert / videos.

It brings the Brand and the model to peoples attention and the PR Company / Advert Producers will monitor the reactions and VW / Skoda 

will know if they are selling as many as they can build and import.

Advert that annoys some has done the job then.  'They' so hate advert campaigns that people ignore....

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/444865-paloma-faith 

With this group, it's a waste anyway. We're already buying/ have bought the car.

I still feel the first Yeti ads grabbed us in a way this one doesn't. Maybe ads v2/3 will.

It's the risk with using a *name*. Who/what is the product?

I also don't really get the Paloma Faith thing. 

Maybe its my age (53) but singer songwriters born in the 1980s don't mean a lot to me, and I certainly wouldn't be rushing out spending £25-30k because of it

Some car adverts make you remember the advert and brand for years (to name 3 :  the Fiat Strada Robots ad, the Peugeot 405 in the flaming field ad, and Skoda Fabia made out of cake ad.).   This one is one of those that you are not even sure what they are selling and forget in seconds

Yeti ads a flop though if it was about UK sales as the Yeti was the 3rd lowest selling Skoda model, only the Roomster & Citigo selling less.

Best ever 'First Registrations; were under 14,000 a year in the UK, and they were not all sold as 'New Cars', they had to be 'Used' sales.

Global sales 2009-2017 not even reaching a million and Yeti models still not all sold even after production stopped and much cheapness offers for over a year.

The Yeti does bring the Skoda to the attention of the public who then went and bought / leased something else.

Like the cars, features and tech I'd be very surprised if the VAG overlords also don't strangle and restrain the advertising campaigns of Skoda.   How else could Skoda purposefully put out something so dire into the public domain? 

Audi and VW know how to make tv ads/advertising campaigns.  The RS models can't account for much of Audi's global car sales but their ad campaigns are always very good indeed.   Likewise the Golf GTI, always accompanied by a very clever TV ad.  No 'celebrities' or 'brand ambassadors' required. 

Skoda....mmmm.  If I wasn't familiar with the brand then the TV ads would not convince me to go and look.  I'd likely go to a Dacia showroom if it was based on an emotional reaction to an advertising campaign.   After all, you never see an Octavia with a grass cutting attachment. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Skoda the Company or the parent company VW that puts millions in to Motorsport / Rallying with Fabia's.

Motorsport success spoken about, and heritage and wins with Fabia bodies. on hand built AWD cars available to those and such as those as the rules require.

In the SKODA Showrooms to buy are 1.0 TSI 110ps Hatches or Estates with the Trim Level 'Monte Carlo' 

and a tribute Limited Edition 1.4 TSI 125ps DSG to get some Social Media space.

Add Stickers use the parts bins, job done. 

It is truly bad BUT my mate is having a dreadful time as his new Vauxhall Crossland is advertised by women driving/ shopping in pyjamas - now asked (all the time) if wife got free pyjamas with the car.

You do wonder about advertising execs these days

Grumpy

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

Yeti ads a flop though if it was about UK sales....

The Yeti does bring the Skoda to the attention of the public who then went and bought / leased something else.

The Yeti ad grabbed us in a way the Karoq ad didn't. And lead us to buy one, then another. I think it was the first in the slightly edgy and brilliant range including the one for the Fabia vRS.

The Yeti ad brought people in who then bought something else? What a strange theory.