Karoq Boot cover

Nick-H

Why does the Edition have a black mesh netting cover for the boot while the SE and SE-L variants have a proper rigid cover?  The rigid cover doesn't even seem to be an option for the Edition!  Is this a cost-cutting item?

16 minutes ago, Nick-H said:

I found this picture on the web:

skoda-karoq-boot.jpg

Oh my, thats quite smart! The reason it needs to be mesh is, with the boot raised and the cover raised, then you still need to be able to see out the back. My friend's BMW had similar and it worked perfectly well as a luggage cover.

1 hour ago, Nick-H said:

What's your reason for preferring mesh?  I was concerned more noise would come up from the boot floor etc and I can't lay a coat on top of mesh

It holds my coat ok.

1 hour ago, Nick-H said:

What's your reason for preferring mesh?  I was concerned more noise would come up from the boot floor etc and I can't lay a coat on top of mesh

It is as out of the way as possible and will roll up into a smaller item to take out of the car if removing. 

Seem to remember being able to store it in the boot floor as well. 

Looks like on our fixed seater, we'll get the rigid cover, which would be my preference. In 7 years of 2 x yetis, I've never reversed or otherwise come across the need to see behind with the boot lid up ;)

I for one think the mesh parcel shelf arrangement to be a touch of genius. If you want to put taller items in the boot you just roll it back, you don't have to take the parcel shelf off and store it somewhere like you would with a hard one. I know plenty of other cars have a roll away parcel shelf and you are able to do the same. The difference with the Skoda offering is you don't have to roll it back to access the boot, it just comes up out of the way automatically like a traditional parcel shelf.  

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

i have the Varioflex , and Yes i  have the roll-up cover like in the picture.... very convenient  , if i want to top up the boot with stuff , i just roll it back

BUT 

after some time say , 2 months , when i de hook it from the boot , it rolls back , but it doesnt roll back entirely . leaves at least 10cm off , i might change it with a new under warranty

7 hours ago, Tezaman said:

i have the Varioflex , and Yes i  have the roll-up cover like in the picture.... very convenient  , if i want to top up the boot with stuff , i just roll it back

BUT 

after some time say , 2 months , when i de hook it from the boot , it rolls back , but it doesnt roll back entirely . leaves at least 10cm off , i might change it with a new under warranty 

Same for me but on ours around the last foot don't recoil! It's a thing I can live with until it's first service then I will mention it.

I have the dition with a rollaway parcel shelf - its great. The mesh only shows when the boot is open (i guess so you can see through it from inside! (not sure why you would want to. When its closed you cant see through the 'mesh'.

I like the way it fits and removes - as i remove it for the dog - i would like him to hit such a hard object in the boot. I mainly travel without it in the car and dont really notice the road noise tbh.

It helps keep the flies out of the cabin when the boot is up:biggrin::biggrin:.

I actually like it, it gives more clearance when loading the boot, and is much easier to unclip/remove if not needed. I have also made a rigid shelf that hooks on the bag hooks if you need a proper table. (I use the car as 'home' for a few days at Le Mans 24 hrs each year). And, yes, I can remove it for travelling.

Rear Shelf.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JohnD5314 said:

It helps keep the flies out of the cabin when the boot is up:biggrin::biggrin:.

I actually like it, it gives more clearance when loading the boot, and is much easier to unclip/remove if not needed. I have also made a rigid shelf that hooks on the bag hooks if you need a proper table. (I use the car as 'home' for a few days at Le Mans 24 hrs each year). And, yes, I can remove it for travelling.

Rear Shelf.jpg

Great job :thumbup:

It’s good to see the ‘modders’ are emerging. Not quite up to Yeti standards. 

I have a few ideas in the plan

Edited by 33q
Error

When I sold my Yeti I really missed the “tips and tricks” from the guys on the Yeti sites. The BMW X1 forum was an absolute joke in comparison! Anyway it great to be back on a Skoda site which I check every day as I wait for my Karoq to be built.

I bet Skoda didn’t realise the boot mesh would act as a fly screen as JohnD suggests.

I wait with interest to see what mods Nigel 33Q comes up with!

• Haha 1