Octavia 245 Owners Club

On 30/08/2019 at 10:17, ScottyNS said:

I’m in a similar position, as my pch runs out in April 20. You had any thoughts yet? As I haven’t seen any deals anywhere close to what I have, I think I will go back to buying something. Have been looking at the typical things outside of Skoda though. I always like to have a change. 

Im looking around at all sorts at the moment, just for interest ive asked how much a RS3 is!!!!  Also a Civic Type R GT!  Ill spit my coffee out i expect when I find out!

12 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

I think I would hit the floor @martysparty99! I’m tempted by either a chilled out 5 series, Audi A5 or merc c class coupe, around 2015. Good luck on those quotes though, will keep fingers crossed for you!

Yeah I think ill need it!  Just looked at 5 series or A5s and they seem to be around £450 a month?  I saw an A class AMG with 300+ hp for about £360, not bad.  Have this idea to get something smallish and cheap for my daily and then get a used V8 for weekends etc etc.  Always wanted a V8!  Not sure if it will happen but we will see!

7 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

Yeah I think ill need it!  Just looked at 5 series or A5s and they seem to be around £450 a month?  I saw an A class AMG with 300+ hp for about £360, not bad.  Have this idea to get something smallish and cheap for my daily and then get a used V8 for weekends etc etc.  Always wanted a V8!  Not sure if it will happen but we will see!

Sounds like a dream and so would a v8! I'm not looking to lease again, so going for around 3 or 4 years old and get best I can for my budget. Just too many things annoying me about leasing, from timing of putting new tyres on, to the dreaded inspection.

15 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

Sounds like a dream and so would a v8! I'm not looking to lease again, so going for around 3 or 4 years old and get best I can for my budget. Just too many things annoying me about leasing, from timing of putting new tyres on, to the dreaded inspection.

I know what you mean by the dreaded inspection.  Prior to my lease I had a car on pcp,  I gave my car back (VT) so the day before the inspection I gave it a really good clean, just as I was finishing I spotted a massive crack down the middle of the windscreen!  If this had happened weeks before I could have fixed it on insurance!  They charged me £270!  But the bloke didnt spot a cracked light lense on the back!  I still like the idea of the lease that I can have a new motor every 2/3/4 years

59 minutes ago, Deanobov69 said:

Yes it is the Velvet Red. Not quite as in your face as other reds. Weather certainly effects the colour it looked quite bright in the sun but certainly looks a little darker when cloudy.

Is your rear spoiler black and is that standard on the Challenge or is it just a trick of the lighting?:nod:

It is a Challenge and it is a black spoiler. The can from a colour coordinated one to black is part of the few MY2020 changes I think other changes are technical but very minor.

Edited by Deanobov69
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

I know what you mean by the dreaded inspection.  Prior to my lease I had a car on pcp,  I gave my car back (VT) so the day before the inspection I gave it a really good clean, just as I was finishing I spotted a massive crack down the middle of the windscreen!  If this had happened weeks before I could have fixed it on insurance!  They charged me £270!  But the bloke didnt spot a cracked light lense on the back!  I still like the idea of the lease that I can have a new motor every 2/3/4 years

Yeah, despite my best efforts I have two minor scuffs on the alloys, plus my daughter has scratched the sill getting in and out over the past few months. No doubt they will clobber me for both! I can see why leasing is good, but it’s just not for me. 

Happy hunting though!

• 2 weeks later...

Well my 245 is 25 months old today since I collected it (one of the first on a 17 plate) and just reached 700 hours driving according to the computer. Current mileage is 25,666 and present tank forecast is showing a range of 499 miles so may get to York and back next Saturday. Only been back to the dealer once to have the first service at 18,500 miles and checked the oil level which is good and surprised by how clean the oil looks after 7,000 miles. Car is fast, economical and most important 100% reliable.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok UK family holiday to the Suffolk coast completed. 171 miles each way plus a ton of other driving this week. 

Stats for the return home leg including driver change 30 mins break at M25 South mimms services and then another hour of messing around in stop start traffic.

20190921_180241.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, greg_s said:

What type of driving do you do? I seem to average around 31mpg most of the time.

Very eco friendly 26 mile commute, first 5 miles 30/40/50mph limits, then 17 miles M1 and final 4 miles dual carriageway including a total of 14 roundabouts. 52 miles per day normally gives me 8 shifts between tanks. Now done 26,800 miles in nearly 26 months ownership.;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Very eco friendly 26 mile commute, first 5 miles 30/40/50mph limits, then 17 miles M1 and final 4 miles dual carriageway including a total of 14 roundabouts. 52 miles per day normally gives me 8 shifts between tanks. Now done 26,800 miles in nearly 26 months ownership.;)

That would explain it then, i tend to have alot more short journeys