Octavia 245 Owners Club

7 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Are you in the National Farmers Union?

Don't ask....    he's "two shady" to answer any of your questions....    :biggrin: ;)    

....just kidding of course ;) 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, donldn said:

This set of wheels look wicked on the VRS!!!

Are they 19"? Would love to fit a set when the VRS 245 arrives in Singapore in August.

The local dealer have kept the price low by specifying the car with 18" instead of the 19". Still no idea what wheels are going in.

And no DCC which might be a deal breaker if the test ride turns out too stiff or crashy.

Thanks!     

They are indeed 19", to be completely honest with you I was never totally sold on the black Xtreme's, I'd considered getting them refurb'd in high power silver powdercoat and maybe will still do that.

But....     I found a person selling a brand new set of four new FRONT front McLaren 570s optional wheels for similar money as a set of new BBS CH-R's would cost so it wa a no-brainer!

FYI (and I never knew this until I looked into it properly), the front of a McLaren 570s comes with a 5x112, 19x8J, ET40.5 wheel with a 57.1 centre bore, they even use the same VAG R13 radius seat bolts!!      Unbelievable but true, so I snapped them up.....   obviously!!!! , and stuck a set of PS4-S on them:)

But basically, 19x8xET40 is the absolute limit on a 245 due to the 19mm extra track width each side on the rear...

My best friend from School lives in Singapore, has done for years and from what ive heard, the roads there, you will be fine with the non-DCC...            It's great here in Glasgow though, really glad I specced it, I spend half my driving life swerving potholes!  :D

Edited by Muzza80

4 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

Thanks!     

They are indeed 19", to be completely honest with you I was never totally sold on the black Xtreme's, I'd considered getting them refurb'd in high power silver powdercoat and maybe will still do that.

But....     I found a person selling a brand new set of four new FRONT front McLaren 570s optional wheels for similar money as a set of new BBS CH-R's would cost so it wa a no-brainer!

FYI (and I never knew this until I looked into it properly), the front of a McLaren 570s comes with a 5x112, 19x8J, ET40.5 wheel with a 57.1 centre bore, they even use the same VAG R13 radius seat bolts!!      Unbelievable but true, so I snapped them up.....   obviously!!!! , and stuck a set of PS4-S on them:)

But basically, 19x8xET40 is the absolute limit on a 245 due to the 19mm extra track width each side on the rear...

Wow.. the proper McLaren wheels. Would probably cost a leg or an arm here... good to know they fit well and definitely a rare set up.

I'll have loads to research when the time comes. Now trying to learn more about the car from owners like you :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, donldn said:

Wow.. the proper McLaren wheels. Would probably cost a leg or an arm here... good to know they fit well and definitely a rare set up.

I'll have loads to research when the time comes. Now trying to learn more about the car from owners like you :)

The problem with wheels that cost £2000 (apparently that's the price from McLaren!!!) each to replace is that im now totally paranoid in case I kill one!!  :D:D!!!!

Edited by Muzza80

Probably one of the first to join this club as mine registered on 17/08/2017 and car was intended for Skoda dealer in Nottingham so they probably ordered it in May in Black Pearl, spare wheel, reverse camera and electric sunroof. Only had to wait 2 weeks for delivery and mileage now 8,420. Mods so far are AMD stage 1 re-map and silver Skoda genuine bumper protector. Best car I have owned and I have had a lot of cars since passing my test in 1983.

image.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Probably one of the first to join this club as mine registered on 17/08/2017 and car was intended for Skoda dealer in Nottingham so they probably ordered it in May in Black Pearl, spare wheel, reverse camera and electric sunroof. Only had to wait 2 weeks for delivery and mileage now 8,420. Mods so far are AMD stage 1 re-map and silver Skoda genuine bumper protector. Best car I have owned and I have had a lot of cars since passing my test in 1983.

image.jpg

Anybody aware of company who make a quad exhaust system like the Golf R for a 245 or will the Golf R back boxes bolt on the octy, would prefer the look to existing black false exhaust finishers on my car. Miiltek, Scorpion or Remus etc.

On 4/16/2018 at 05:37, shyVRS245 said:

Anybody aware of company who make a quad exhaust system like the Golf R for a 245 or will the Golf R back boxes bolt on the octy, would prefer the look to existing black false exhaust finishers on my car. Miiltek, Scorpion or Remus etc.

Pretty sure you'd need to go custom, the "suitcase" rear muffler of the Golf R & GTI sits right where our spare wheel well is so doesn't fit at all (maybe those cars dont have such a deep boot/space saver)

Had mine just over 4 month now & loving it :biggrin: 

It was an Ex demo car so pretty much a full options list including DCC, Columbus, Canton, reversing camera, panoramic sunroof, park assist, lane assist, Heated screen, KESSY.

IMG_0007.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, OliR said:

Had mine just over 4 month now & loving it :biggrin: 

It was an Ex demo car so pretty much a full options list including DCC, Columbus, Canton, reversing camera, panoramic sunroof, park assist, lane assist, Heated screen, KESSY.

IMG_0007.jpg

Looks good especially against the black grills!

Don't mind a question from me on the DCC - which drive mode are you predominately on? Is there a good difference between comfort and normal mode?

The model that the local dealer will be bringing in will be without an option for DCC and I'm concerned that the standard setup might be too firm for the family.

22 minutes ago, donldn said:

Looks good especially against the black grills!

Don't mind a question from me on the DCC - which drive mode are you predominately on? Is there a good difference between comfort and normal mode?

The model that the local dealer will be bringing in will be without an option for DCC and I'm concerned that the standard setup might be too firm for the family.

Normal day to day driving I tend just to leave it in normal mode, the ride isn't to firm on the average condition 'A' roads and the steering has just the right amount of feel.

I only really use comfort mode when on long motorway journeys as it does make the suspension very soft and wobbly & steering too light, too much for my liking on normal roads. however it does improve the fuel economy slightly over normal mode.

Where as I tend to be on comfort most of the time and switch it to normal when I hit the motorway/better roads or on occasion sport when attacking the twisties! 

I love my DCC, best thing I specced on the car to be honest, but the roads here really are in a shocking state! 

1 hour ago, Muzza80 said:

Where as I tend to be on comfort most of the time and switch it to normal when I hit the motorway/better roads or on occasion sport when attacking the twisties! 

I love my DCC, best thing I specced on the car to be honest, but the roads here really are in a shocking state! 

8 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Me too, comfort most of the time with Sport Mode for the remaining 49% on the time when the road clears

Thanks for your feedback! It does seems the DCC is a worthy investment - I'll probably push the dealer if they can specs a 245 with DCC as a special order.

I've been reading a lot and the VRS seems to be a pretty solid ride (and i have not read any major issues unlike VW cars with the 7 speed dry clutch).

Having said, I've read in this forum that many current Skoda owners may look at another brand as Skoda have started to increase their prices and customer service is getting poorer day by day (more so in the recent years with the success they had). Hopefully, none of these will impact the potential customers here in Singapore.

Yep another strong positive towards the non-DCC standard suspension, with manual gearbox. Apparently it's slightly firmer with DSG due to extra weight. Better than the M Sport 1 Series I had recently, which at the time I thought was also impressive.

It's just the tyres that could do with a bit more sidewall... 

11 minutes ago, Swirly182 said:

Yep another strong positive towards the non-DCC standard suspension, with manual gearbox. Apparently it's slightly firmer with DSG due to extra weight. Better than the M Sport 1 Series I had recently, which at the time I thought was also impressive.

It's just the tyres that could do with a bit more sidewall... 

My DSG is fine without DCC!

Here's a question for you guys, anybody had to renew their insurance recently. Wondered who is paying the most and the least for a 245? The reason for this is after 5 years paying my premium to the same company they wanted £438 fully comp with mods declared. However I told them I would be leaving because I had several quotes around the £330 mark. Guess what they can suddenly drop it to £280. That's some reduction down £158 from the renewal price. A lesson for all of us come renewal time, cheeky buggers!

£280 is good with mods declared. You must be old.......... 

Mine was only £50 more than the 1.2 Qashqai I was driving previously. So around £300 for the standard 245. No complaints here! 

8 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

Mine was only £50 more than the 1.2 Qashqai I was driving previously. So around £300 for the standard 245. No complaints here! 

We paid an extra £150ish to switch from an Astra halfway through a multi-car policy. I know this sounds a lot but I'm quite pleased with it as my wife has points on her licence, still has a claim on her record and we live in an area with a high risk rating with insurers. 

Off topic again, I'm due to take delivery of my 245 today, is there anything in particular I need to look out for during the handover? 

11 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

Yes I suppose 53 is ancient to you young folk but cheap insurance is one benefit.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shak245 said:

We paid an extra £150ish to switch from an Astra halfway through a multi-car policy. I know this sounds a lot but I'm quite pleased with it as my wife has points on her licence, still has a claim on her record and we live in an area with a high risk rating with insurers. 

Off topic again, I'm due to take delivery of my 245 today, is there anything in particular I need to look out for during the handover? 

Get the salesperson to bluetooth your phone so you can drive safely home and enjoy your new car.