My Record MPG to date

Thought I would do the commute today with no climate control, first time in 8 months to see whether it would make any difference to the typical 42/43 mpg average. Must admit a little surprised by the results. First bit 30-50 mph limits usually average 27 mpg but got 32 mpg. By the time I reach the first motorway junction usually got it upto 40 mpg but today 44 mpg and by the time I was at work at an average speed of 42mph my journey average was 47.6MPG. Impressive for a car with over 300BHP.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Nearly 7 miles of B roads on my commute, twisty bits mean on-off throttle hence, not as efficient as WOT

Yeah I guessed you haven't got a gentle motorway commute like me, so hard to resist giving it a little squirt on the final dual carriageway as I approach work, before the re-map could hit 128mph between roundabouts, now it's 135mph. Whoops!

32 minutes ago, logiclee said:

Slightly different engine. Through Notts and Lincs.

20180416_142634.jpg

Wow! Was it all downhill lol, I was quite surprised considering  I have a vRS, my previous car was a 2016 1.6 rapid sports and would regularly get 60mpg so I was chuffed I got that much last night.

9 minutes ago, seanbrady49 said:

Wow! Was it all downhill lol, I was quite surprised considering  I have a vRS, my previous car was a 2016 1.6 rapid sports and would regularly get 60mpg so I was chuffed I got that much last night.

Not downhill but mainly flat as Lincolnshire is. Mainly A roads with heavy traffic so 40mph to 60mph in 7th. Also included driving through Newark so some stop/start traffic

My record was below - on a run to Melton Mowbray (about 70 miles)

carmpg.jpg

Not bad for a Superb Estate - fully loaded with baggage and a wheelchair!

Edited by hwr1983

Posted this elsewhere on the forum, but here is my record MPG to date on a recent M5 trip. Cruise control at 70mph, with the occasional foot down to overtake and lift off to resume 70 and aircon on auto the whole way.

IMG-20180324-WA0007.jpeg

6 minutes ago, J_D said:

Posted this elsewhere on the forum, but here is my record MPG to date on a recent M5 trip. Cruise control at 70mph, with the occasional foot down to overtake and lift off to resume 70 and aircon on auto the whole way.

IMG-20180324-WA0007.jpeg

That's a good average speed. Last month took me 3hr 50mins to travel 130 miles down to Grays in Essex, still got 43.5mpg in my VRS245.

you know i find great is when you start the car and youre range is x amount and when you finish youre journey (if its a 20-30 min drive) you're range is the same or better!!!! feel like you cheated an extra 20-30 klm out of the tank :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, seanbrady49 said:

you know i find great is when you start the car and youre range is x amount and when you finish youre journey (if its a 20-30 min drive) you're range is the same or better!!!! feel like you cheated an extra 20-30 klm out of the tank :biggrin:

That happens to me all the time after my wife has driven her car or mine because she's not known for being a hypermiler!

• Like 1

I am driving lots of short tips , mainly in town and the best I am getting is around 40 mpg on a 2014 Elegance ,1.4 petrol DSG  on ECO mode and Air Con 21  degrees always on.

On next fill I will leave the car in normal mode and see if there is any significant difference

Thought I might as well join this thread with my latest mpg.  Just been down to south Wales for a week visiting family.  320 mile trip back home today and this was the mpg reading when we stopped around halfway for a break.  Chuffed with that :)

mpg.thumb.jpg.ca3252dd5aad310ab385ebd9de2cbf25.jpg

22 minutes ago, silverden said:

Thought I might as well join this thread with my latest mpg.  Just been down to south Wales for a week visiting family.  320 mile trip back home today and this was the mpg reading when we stopped around halfway for a break.  Chuffed with that :)

mpg.thumb.jpg.ca3252dd5aad310ab385ebd9de2cbf25.jpg

wow!

On 20/04/2018 at 16:43, seanbrady49 said:

also found that i have had the heated rear view mirrors on the last two month!!! completely forgot about them, when i turned them off the MPG jumped a good bit!

Yes, it's a bit annoying that they don't turn off automatically or that there's no indicating light.