VRS 245 spotted in showroom for retail sale

Spotted in Motorline Canterbury - a Skoda VRS 245 for retail sale, with a long list of extras. The guy who's handling my lease arrangements is the person to contact if interested - [email protected] or call him on 01227 784333. Apparently it was part of an armed forces order, but Skoda mistakenly sent two 245s instead of one and the dealership were allowed to keep hold of the spare one for sale!

245.jpg

PRICE.jpg

Edited by Czechthis

I did think it was priced quite highly at £34,150, but then I wouldn't pay the listed price anyway if I was buying retail! As well as the metallic paint, this has a rear view camera, KESSY, DCC, heated windscreen and washer nozzles, temporary spare wheel, double sided boot floor, Columbus Sat Nav, Phone Box with wireless charging and Canton sound. I think I've only got DCC and a spare wheel in my lease model, but as they haven't inspected it yet, they're not quite sure if it has any more on top...

Those bar stewards wouldn’t give a toss about all the Gucci extras if you were trading that motor in part exchange. 

And boy do they enjoy telling you that. :wondering:

Probably about £10,000 over the proper price. 

Gits...

That options list is quite nice! Despite the headline £34k list price, I'm sure a significant discount should still be achievable.

OP how much you taking as commission for advertising it for them :tongueout:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Czechthis said:

I did think it was priced quite highly at £34,150, but then I wouldn't pay the listed price anyway if I was buying retail! As well as the metallic paint, this has a rear view camera, KESSY, DCC, heated windscreen and washer nozzles, temporary spare wheel, double sided boot floor, Columbus Sat Nav, Phone Box with wireless charging and Canton sound. I think I've only got DCC and a spare wheel in my lease model, but as they haven't inspected it yet, they're not quite sure if it has any more on top...

As well as Skoda have improved over the years (some of us are old enough to remember them from the 1980s when you simply didn't buy a Skoda or a Lada without accepting that random pedestrians would point at you and laugh), I very much doubt that *any* Skoda commands a £34k price tag.

I can only assume that the dealership are hoping someone with more than money than sense is passing the forecourt?

Love the 2 were delivered instead of one story.  BOGOF!

So Skoda had right hand drive models that were for importing to the UK to be Exported again for Armed Forces Overseas 'Much Cheapness; and as it is they have cars that are going noplace because they need WLTP test results so Dealership groups got them Cheap, and want Max Profit on them.

Edited by Offski

I paid £26k for a 245 DSG estate with pan roof and I think I paid well over the odds... 

How do I know?

The salesman handed me a bottle of Moët Champagne upon collection. 

That confirmed to me that I’d been had :wondering:

Edited by EddGee

This a new unregistered car?

Isn't 34K just the list price for such a highly spec'd 245?. 

Presumably the dealer would be willing to do some kind of deal, but if not, hey the car is currently in short supply.

Isn't there a 3K manufacture deposit contribution on the PCP on Octavias at the moment? That's a fairly big chunk off without even haggling.

Plenty of Skodas have list prices over £30K these days...just look at top Superbs and Kodiaks

Edited by juan27

The original owner of my Elegance specced, Bi-Xenons with black cornering fogs, Winter Pack, Columbus Nav, Intelligent Self Park, Magic Black Paint, Spare Wheel and a few other bits.

That put the list price around £28k for a TDi Octavia DSG.

Barmy really, in 2010 I bought a Passat TDi DSG Highline with leather and all the toys available in 2010 for £24k.

Now we are looking at Passat/Superbs touching £40k and Octavia/Golf's over £30k

Lee

14 hours ago, Redboy said:

Nice but you can have a new 340i with similar toys for 32-34k and that will sound nice

List price before options £42K when l just looked. 

Edited by juan27

3 hours ago, juan27 said:

List price before options £42K when l just looked. 

Look on Autotrader, £32-33.5K for unused 67 reg. Sunroof, toys, auto, top quality leather. No contest if you're spending the same on a 245....unless you need a roomy hatchback. 

1 minute ago, Redboy said:

Look on Autotrader, £32-33.5K for unused 67 reg. Sunroof, toys, auto, top quality leather. No contest if you're spending the same on a 245....unless you need a roomy hatchback. 

Point is it's not comparing like with like. List price Skoda 34K. List price BMW at least 42K. 

1 minute ago, juan27 said:

Point is it's not comparing like with like. List price Skoda 34K. List price BMW at least 42K. 

Yes Juan you are correct. I also posted that you can buy a well specced 245 for much a lower price than £34K. I don't care what the list price is. Who pays list anyway? It's what you pay that counts. My VRS list price in 2015  was over £27k, I certainly didn't pay that. My point is if I had £30K> to spend it would not be on a Skoda Octavia if there was a car like a 340i, even if it's a run out model. I like the Skoda VRS, having owned one since Jan 2008 but there are better cars out there with good options and I am simply pointing that out. 

31 minutes ago, Redboy said:

Yes Juan you are correct. I also posted that you can buy a well specced 245 for much a lower price than £34K. I don't care what the list price is. Who pays list anyway? It's what you pay that counts. My VRS list price in 2015  was over £27k, I certainly didn't pay that. My point is if I had £30K> to spend it would not be on a Skoda Octavia if there was a car like a 340i, even if it's a run out model. I like the Skoda VRS, having owned one since Jan 2008 but there are better cars out there with good options and I am simply pointing that out. 

Fair enough you wouldn't buy an Octavia for the price it's unlikely anyone is going to pay for that 245.

I'm just pointing out that it's not unusual for new unregistered cars in the showroom to have the list price on the sticker.

We could have a conversation about better ways to spend the list price of just about any new car.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ahenners said:

That options list is quite nice! Despite the headline £34k list price, I'm sure a significant discount should still be achievable.

OP how much you taking as commission for advertising it for them :tongueout:

Ha ha, nothing of course, but trying to keep them sweet until my lease 245 is ready to drive away! 

30 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

SIX GRAND more than my NEW manual, Black Pearl, Electric Sunroof, Reversing Camera, Spare wheel equpped model! That will suffer crazy depreciation in 3 years time.

Its always been said that when you come to trade-in most options have no monetary value but the right options can make your car easier/quicker to sell.

47 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

SIX GRAND more than my NEW manual, Black Pearl, Electric Sunroof, Reversing Camera, Spare wheel equpped model! That will suffer crazy depreciation in 3 years time.

Is that six grand more than your discounted price though?  What would yours have been if it had been in the showroom?

3 hours ago, juan27 said:

Is that six grand more than your discounted price though?  What would yours have been if it had been in the showroom?

List price was £29,300. I priced it up against VW Golf GTi Performance Pack to same spec with 5 doors and optional (on the VW) 19" alloys which came to £35,600 last August. Same engine and for me importantly same big brakes.