Name one irritant

Nicky_P

On 28/04/2018 at 14:04, olly_shaw said:

In mine the number plate at the back has some play and makes a loud 'slap' when shutting the boot.

Just noticed this on mine as well. I'm wondering if it's just screwed on too tight.

The parcel holder things that velcro to the floor in any position, they are a bit short in height for bottles compared to the plastic curve which clipped to the boot wall on the Yeti's. But they are more versatile.

Edited by P6bJOHN

Haven't you or the passengers suffered of motion sickness when driving Karoq on a sporty mode or on curved roads? I oberved that because of the soft suspension, the car makes some vertical swings until the suspension settles.

8 minutes ago, Gabi4 said:

Haven't you or the passengers suffered of motion sickness when driving Karoq on a sporty mode or on curved roads? I oberved that because of the soft suspension, the car makes some vertical swings until the suspension settles.

Funny you said that because actually my wife felt motion sickness when we were driving the car home from the dealers for the first time, but it no longer effects her.

I haven't with this car but just a short drive down the motorway on a test drive in a Mazda CX5 caused me to even send my husband back to the dealership on his own I couldn't face a second longer, that was sitting in the front seat.  In the Karoq I have sat both in the front and back without any problems.

Thanks for your feedback.  I took a Karoq for a 3 days test drive and I observed that the suspension is soft, confortable and gives the impression that the car floats on the road, but that this also adds a kind of a boat effect...Otherwise, the car is amazing

• 2 weeks later...

A really tiny one for me. When you move the driver's sun visor to cover the top of your door window (to stop sun from the right hand side dazzling you) it doesn't extend out along the 'pole' like they do in some cars. The result is that the visor basically covers half of the front pillar, and doesn't cover the rear half of the window.

Annoying. Such a simple thing to have got right. 

the clutch biting point can be a little tricky and you lose revs which makes it hard to get off the mark quickly.  Maybe I just need more time to get used to it but it feel like I need to gun it at a very specific point on the clutch or the revs drop off really quick which can result in a stall.

The glossy plastic and dashboard plastics.

Scratch if you breath on them.

The start/stop is a bit more giddy than it ever was in the Yeti.

Edited by rone

• 2 weeks later...

Now I can finnally post here!

Got the car today and the top dashboard storage opened by itself twice when going over some bumps. I read about this here before...is there a way to fix it?

Also I found out that if you don't get the varioflex seats, the backseat passengers don't get a middle armrest anymore. I was not told about this.

And I guess related to this, the load cover is a regular one you find on an Octavia. In all the reviews I saw there was a fancy load cover over the boot. But I guess this comes only if you have verioflex? Once again I was not aware of this.

Anyway, I love the car...

be interested to hear what others say but we have Edition with varioflex and don't have the fancy load cover I presume you are talking about the bumper protection cover? our bumpers aren't painted so maybe why.  

We have had the centre console open several times going over speed bumps.

It's the cover that goes over the boot when you're closing it. The one that if you want to remove in order to store larger items you don't really know where to store it.

Mine is just like the one on an octavia, very cardboardy. In the reviews you only see a new one made of some fabric that can be easily retracted and stored under the boot cover.

Edited by Razvus

sorry I understand you now! We have the rolly up one that is always attached to the raised section of the boot which means it doesn't get in the way.  When we looked at the old qashquai husband looked at the cardboard cover and it was one of the turnoffs, glad we got ours.  All the cars I have seen in reviews, believe me husband watches them all on you tube show the retractable cover, have you asked the dealer about this?

4 minutes ago, Panther_uk said:

Just out of interest does the SE L also get this ? I know the SE & SE Tech has the standard rigid shelf

yes the SE L has this type also 

1 hour ago, Razvus said:

For EU we have Ambition and Style instead of SE L and all that. I chose Style as top spec and added several other options. Still, seems I have the basic shelf. 

I understand that it comes with varioflex seats.

3 hours ago, Razvus said:

It's the cover that goes over the boot when you're closing it. The one that if you want to remove in order to store larger items you don't really know where to store it.

Mine is just like the one on an octavia, very cardboardy. In the reviews you only see a new one made of some fabric that can be easily retracted and stored under the boot cover.

Parcel shelf cover will fit down the back of the seats but you have to remove the hook on the right when you do it

5 hours ago, Razvus said:

Now I can finnally post here!

Got the car today and the top dashboard storage opened by itself twice when going over some bumps. I read about this here before...is there a way to fix it?

Also I found out that if you don't get the varioflex seats, the backseat passengers don't get a middle armrest anymore. I was not told about this.

And I guess related to this, the load cover is a regular one you find on an Octavia. In all the reviews I saw there was a fancy load cover over the boot. But I guess this comes only if you have verioflex? Once again I was not aware of this.

Anyway, I love the car...

verioflex seats £450 as an option 

The luggage cover in the Edition is very good and I has assumed, perhaps wrongly that it was fitted to all karoqs. When rolled out, it can be clipped to the boot door and then it rises up out of the way whenever the door is opened., giving clear access to the boot. I had a roll up cover on my old Superb, made of a sort of rubber/plastic covered cloth, which had to be rolled back into the holder to give access to the boot . The cover on the Karoq is much better, although unlike a stiff parcel shelf nothing can be carried on it. It's made of a fine mesh material and when it is rolled up the holder can be stored behind the front seats

On 30/04/2018 at 05:15, Gabi4 said:

Thanks for your feedback.  I took a Karoq for a 3 days test drive and I observed that the suspension is soft, confortable and gives the impression that the car floats on the road, but that this also adds a kind of a boat effect...Otherwise, the car is amazing

Hi, am new here and have virtually made my mind up about the Karoq. How did you go about getting a 3 day test drive, just ring up and ask? I test drove one at the weekend for 15-20 minutes but would be great to try for a few days.