Still no build week!

The difference in information people are getting is quite stark. After reading the latest updates in this thread, I pinged my dealer again and got this reply:

"I have little news on developments with regard to build weeks as there are still order amendments taking place within the factory currently.  The latest information that I have from Skoda is that the Kodiaq petrol engine orders are being held in the factory at the moment and are awaiting new technical data.  This data should be available around the 15th October when the orders that have been placed will be allocated build slots. 

I have spoken to Dealer Support this afternoon with regard to the technical data and the delays due to WLTP emission testing and they have had advised that it will be unlikely that the vehicles will be deliverable prior to Christmas.  The impact of the winter weather and a Christmas shut down period will contribute to a certain extent to the delays as there will be a longer transportation time once the vehicle is complete."

I wonder if some dealers are "fudging" to avoid people cancelling their orders. I don't actually want mine until after Christmas, but any significant delay past January 2019 is going to be inconvenient. 

2.0TSi ordered third week of March. Told delivery would be July at time of ordering.

Built beginning of September and told at that time there was nothing on the system saying it would be delayed due to WLTP testing. (I had specifically asked on LiveChat about this).

Two weeks ago my dealer rang and said it was 'banked' at the factory awaiting WLTP certification. Dispatch from the factory would cause delivery to be delayed until mid to late November.

Today LiveChat said delivery would be late December. They were not able to say when the car would be WLTP certified.

So it looks like each week delivery is being punted back by a week or so and Skoda (presumably at the Head Office) will not admit to when the 2.0TSi will complete testing.

It feels like they are not being straight with customers about the true likely delivery date. 

• Sad 1

they have bigger issues than they are willing to admit from the sounds of it. Have a look on the kodiaq FB page there are more stories like ours on there. A contact in Skoda UK in Milton Keynes has said 'there are no 2.0? petrols beng built until week 48' .. so where does that leave everyone?

I noticed today that the first Porsche, a Macan, has passed WLTP...

Adac WLTP Page

1 hour ago, Gustychelsea said:

Should say that there also seems to be a fair amount of hysteria too. 

Hysteria that lays purely at the feet of Skoda UK.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that at the slightest hint of bad publicity a major manufacturer defaults to 'self-preservation' mode, which in this particular situation has meant a policy of 'say as little as possible'. Not having the required information doesn't excuse poor communication.

Either way the SMMT have last night confirmed that UK sales are down by 20% for the month of September vs. the same period last year, largely due to the delays as a result of the tougher emissions testing, so another hole in VAG's bottom line. I'm guessing a good few percent of VAG's lost sales last month could have been avoided by being open, honest and upfront around testing progress, pricing, specifications and lead-times.

I'm not suggesting that all information has been available, Skoda UK rely on Skoda Auto, no doubt Skoda Auto rely on their manufacturing sites, engineering teams and test departments, but what is clear is the particularly poor effort by Skoda UK to keep their prospective, and often loyal, customers informed.

Edited by silver1011

I got an update on my situation yesterday here in Switzerland. 

The dealer admitted that i most certainly will NOT get my car this year and told me that he cannot guarantee a Feb 2019 delivery either :crying: . I ordered in March this year, was told Dec delivery but no chance now. 

He told me that the Petrol 2.0. is the problem, but a 1.5 Petrol would get to me much quicker along with the Diesels.  The dealer is banging on about compensating me with 1000 CHF, but am gonna pop into see him and try and get way more then what he is offering. Also pointed out that this will affect Europe as a whole. My dealer said that he has backlogs since last year, and they all have to processed in order, so when he comes to the March orders it could be that they are made in Jan/Feb 2019 and then delivered thereafter. Am fuming....

Other question would be is should i go for the 1.5 over the 2.0L, and how would that affect the resale value? Its a 7 seater 2.0L mode that i have ordered.

Or should i go for a diesel? 

Or i can cancel the order in Jan 2019. 

Bit of a mess all this, and i have lost some trust in Skoda already, just wondering how i will be treated if there are problems with car in the future.  I hope the after sales service is not gonna bite me in the ***...

Edited by Kalpz
  • Sad 1

Even without the WLTP delays, I thought factory orders over in mainland Europe were already close to 12 months normally?

No one knows what the 1.5 TSI will be like in the Kodiaq as they haven't built / released any yet. It seems to get good reviews from Octavia and Karoq owners, but admittedly not without it's issues (mainly with manuals, I see you're after DSG), which aren't yet resolved.

There is a noticeable difference between the old (pre-WLTP) 1.4 TSI and 2.0 TSI engines, so whatever led you to choose the 2.0 make sure you try a 1.5 TSI first. There are plenty around in the Karoq, just fill the car with passengers and you'll be at a similar weight to the Kodiaq!

I'm taking there are no new Kodiaq's already in-stock in Switzerland you could buy?

30 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Even without the WLTP delays, I thought factory orders over in mainland Europe were already close to 12 months normally?

No one knows what the 1.5 TSI will be like in the Kodiaq as they haven't built / released any yet. It seems to get good reviews from Octavia and Karoq owners, but admittedly not without it's issues (mainly with manuals, I see you're after DSG), which aren't yet resolved.

There is a noticeable difference between the old (pre-WLTP) 1.4 TSI and 2.0 TSI engines, so whatever led you to choose the 2.0 make sure you try a 1.5 TSI first. There are plenty around in the Karoq, just fill the car with passengers and you'll be at a similar weight to the Kodiaq!

I'm taking there are no new Kodiaq's already in-stock in Switzerland you could buy?

Its not a 12 month turn over in Europe as far as i have been informed. The Octavia would have been made/delivered within 3 months if i ordered in March this year, for example. 

Yeh, totally agree with your comment on the 1.5 engine, just thinking about insurance cost now and the results from the 2.0L Tests will be interesting. My thinking behind the 2.0L was based on how powerful the 1.5 engine will really be, and would you end up using more petrol/power when the car is full?

The dealer kept saying to me, at the time, that you would end up putting your foot down to get it to move faster, so why not go for the 2.0L engine instead. In addition, that the resell value would be better on a 2.0L over the 1.5L...

The Kodiaqs already made and in stock here are almost a similar price to the new ones, without the extras that i have got and the mileage. So, it made more sense to order a new one (plus its the first ever car i have had that is built to spec and brand new) .

Would be interested to know how many people in the UK get their 2.0L car this year. 

There is little to none information from the Norwegian dealership about WLTP as of now. They implied 0219 as worst case scenario bit I have have my doubts now. 

16 minutes ago, Kalpz said:

Would be interested to know how many people in the UK get their 2.0L car this year. 

I'm not a betting man, but I'll have £10 on nobody in the UK getting the new 190PS 2.0 TSI this year.

3 hours ago, Offski said:

I would not bet my pension on Autocar / What Car not having them as Best SUV under £40,000 2019 sometime before Christmas.

Nah, that'll go to the Tarraco this year because that's the new darling.

• Like 1

I sent an e-mail to Skoda Norway Official regarding approval and delays since the dealerships in Norway answers like John Snow: I know nothing!

Regarding your inquiry

There is nothing you can do to influence orders that determine how long or short time the factory is using to approve the car.

Different countries will have different quotas of different equipment, which in turn will affect delivery time. We are aware that there are restrictions on the heated windshield and generally calculate KODIAQ delay on order with heated windshield. No delay due to heated steering wheel.

We hope this was clarifying and thank you for your inquiry.

So they say I can not do anything regarding the delay, but they also say that heated windshield will in fact delay the car - so in my (maybe not that smart) head if I cancel the heated windshield it should not have THAT delay at least.

I ordered my 2.0 TSI a week ago here in Norway. A few of the additions I selected had 1-4 weeks possible delay, but the dealer thought I'd get it sometime in January-February. 

Some new Skodas appeared on the tested-list. No Kodiaqs, but the Karoq 2.0 TDI 4x4 is now done.

Neu! Skoda Octavia RS Otto 1984 180 Euro 6d-TEMP Okt. 18

Neu! Skoda Octavia Combi RS Otto 1984 180 Euro 6d-TEMP Okt. 18

Neu! Skoda Karoq 2.0 TDI 4x4 Diesel 1968 110 Euro 6d-TEMP Okt. 18

14 minutes ago, SkodaNor said:

Some new Skodas appeared on the tested-list. No Kodiaqs, but the Karoq 2.0 TDI 4x4 is now done.

Kodiaq and Kodiaq Scout 2.0 TDI is approved.

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/default.aspx

Edit: Nevermind, you wrote new cars on the list.

Edited by BGB

2 minutes ago, mlohnork said:

He knows. But they have been approved for a while. 

Ordered my 2.0 tsi in April. Has been build in w37, but waits for wltp approval i guess.... Hope it will be worth the wait. 

Did you get 2019 options when ordering in april?

15 minutes ago, BGB said:

Did you get 2019 options when ordering in april?

I demanded that it should be the new 2.0 tsi engine and also with the digital/virtual cockpit. So yeah... But i did not get 100% fixed prices. 

They did not know the exact price for the 2019 model at that time. The same with the cockpit. 

Edited by mlohnork

24 minutes ago, mlohnork said:

I demanded that it should be the new 2.0 tsi engine and also with the digital/virtual cockpit. So yeah... But i did not get 100% fixed prices. 

They did not know the exact price for the 2019 model at that time. The same with the cockpit. 

I see. 

We ordered a Sportline three weeks ago but I am not holding my breath to when we get it. The Norwegian dealership is veeery careful with the information.