Still no build week!

Gotta be honest, they still haven't confirmed my build date but it has a unconfirmed build of early October. If it's to arrive in December that really messes me about (need to MOT current car and all that goes with it and right before christmas, when i was told october delivery) think I may need to start looking elsewhere 

My car is build. 5 weeks earlier than initially planned (ordered March 2018). It's now waiting at factory for WLTP approval. Transport can take up to 8 weeks after approval, because there are a lot of cars waiting at the factory for WLTP approval :@.

Edited by BramBam

It is their business but this is a legislation they have no choice but to meet now the deadline has passed. From the information published the kodiaq has no models approved yet so no cars are leaving the factory. They are still doing business and selling but the queue and wait time for new cars is getting longer and this will put customers off. 

VW group said WLTP is going to cost them 1 Billion dollars! Ouch!

Petty cash, they pay Fines and Penalties of Billions and their Investors have them in court now for Billions.

Across the VW Group Brands, VW, AUDI, SEAT, VW, Bentley, Porsche, Lamborghini they have that many models and options that no wonder it would be a Billion or 3.

Skoda we are talking here, Citigo, Fabia, Octavia, Superb, Karoq & Kodiaq and supposedly the 1.0 TSi & 1.0 MPI & 1.5TSI & 1.6 TDI SCR's are approved, 

or some are.

skoda kodiaq  1.5 dsg sel only extra leather seats ...deposit payed May  bw 40 then bw 38 (this week) ...now been told car is banked waiting wltp test ...expected late November but might get moved nearer 

Edited by bripat

Ordered week 14. Finally got told an unconfirmed build week 38 in August. Then week 47, then 41, then 42. Last week it was unconfirmed week 46 and now it doesn’t even have a build week of any sort. Have raised a complaint with SUK but despite the woman being really nice she can’t tell me anything useful! Anyone else had their build week pulled like this?

On 09/09/2018 at 19:03, abaday789 said:

Far too many variables making the build time for the Kodiaq way longer now. I think I was rather lucky in the grand scheme of things with my 190TDI build. I'd be clawing the walls by now if I had gone with my original choice of a 2.0TSI. 

Sorry to track over old ground here. Do you think it takes less time for a tdi than it would for one of the petrol variants? 

4 minutes ago, Gustychelsea said:

Sorry to track over old ground here. Do you think it takes less time for a tdi than it would for one of the petrol variants?

Yes.

Just ordered a Sportline 2.0TSI 190hp and the official Skoda dealer said that it would take longer to get the petrol than the diesel. My estimated build week is 40-45.

5 hours ago, BGB said:

Yes.

Just ordered a Sportline 2.0TSI 190hp and the official Skoda dealer said that it would take longer to get the petrol than the diesel. My estimated build week is 40-45.

Good news for me then I suppose but still not holding my breath. 

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:34, bripat said:

skoda kodiaq  1.5 dsg sel only extra leather seats ...deposit payed May  bw 40 then bw 38 (this week) ...now been told car is banked waiting wltp test ...expected late November but might get moved nearer ...fighting now for the £1,000 test drive discount I was offered in May 

got the £1,000 test drive offer

Edited by bripat

I would suggest that you contact  Skoda customer services and let them know about the situation. I had problems with deliver delays potentialy stopping a similar payment and they immediately offered to pay it if the dealer didn’t honour it.

1 hour ago, Jfhuk said:

I would suggest that you contact  Skoda customer services and let them know about the situation. I had problems with deliver delays potentialy stopping a similar payment and they immediately offered to pay it if the dealer didn’t honour it.

I have but my dealer said they had been contacted by Skoda customer services regarding this but I've had no reply from Skoda yet 

Tell them to cancel the order and refund you your £500 deposit.

I'm sure they'll find £1,000 of further discount / dealer fit accessories / servicing to meet the shortfall.

First though, go direct to Skoda UK. I did and got it in writing that they'd still honour the £1,000 contribution even if the car was delivered / registered after their cut-off date, see here...

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

Tell them to cancel the order and refund you your £500 deposit.

I'm sure they'll find £1,000 of further discount / dealer fit accessories / servicing to meet the shortfall.

First though, go direct to Skoda UK. I did and got it in writing that they'd still honour the £1,000 contribution even if the car was delivered / registered after their cut-off date, see here...

They have told me I can have my deposit back as they know they can sell the car for more than they are getting off me .  Just mad that they sold me the test drive offer knowing I would never get the car by September 30th .even telling me in August it would arrive in time i feel cheated .

Then they need to stand by the deal agreed.

Speak with Skoda UK. They've mislead you and you've wasted 5 months. Unacceptable.

Dig in and kick-off, or roll over and take the £1K hit. I know what I'd be doing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BGB said:

Yes.

Really? I can't get any pricing from the dealers as that's what I want to order. I'm just getting the same old story every time about no my2019 prices.