Still no build week!

47 minutes ago, gojoholo said:

You think there will be shorter delivery time on Seat tarraco? If that is the case, then there will also be shorter delivery time on the Kodiaq im sure.

1 minute ago, mlohnork said:

You think there will be shorter delivery time on Seat tarraco?

No idea! Just saying that by the end of the year there will be at least two more options for Kalpz to consider. Though its not clear what his/her criteria are.

20 hours ago, gojoholo said:

No idea! Just saying that by the end of the year there will be at least two more options for Kalpz to consider. Though its not clear what his/her criteria are.

From what i understand the Tarraco will not be available to order until Q4. Therefore meaning i could be waiting until end of the year or into the next year for delivery.

In addition, the boot space counts, along with the comfort drive/space that the Kodiaq offers. 

Really not too sure there are any other models out there that match my requirements? Gutted that i still have to wait so long, but not uncommon in Europe apparently 

1 hour ago, Kalpz said:

From what i understand the Tarraco will not be available to order until Q4. Therefore meaning i could be waiting until end of the year or into the next year for delivery.

In addition, the boot space counts, along with the comfort drive/space that the Kodiaq offers. 

Really not too sure there are any other models out there that match my requirements? Gutted that i still have to wait so long, but not uncommon in Europe apparently 

Have you thought about buying a car from dealer stock? Thats what I ended up doing.

4 minutes ago, gojoholo said:

Have you thought about buying a car from dealer stock? Thats what I ended up doing.

That was my first idea, but even the dealer is on a waiting list to get cars in. They only had 2 cars in stock in which they are using for Test Drives. 

I even called up another garage in Zurich, which is about 1 hour from where i live and apparently many of the dealers in Switzerland and Germany are facing this problem. 

Sad times :-) 

• 2 weeks later...

As an update I managed to speak to someone helpful called Kat at Skoda yesterday. It’s now over 8 weeks since I placed the order and exactly 8 weeks since it was accepted. Initially she told me there was still no build week but that my order was now marked as ‘urgent’ on the system. She said she had never seen that before so I took it as a good sign that things might start to progress. Anyway she promised to find out some more and then get back to me including information about factory shutdowns and MY19 and she would be back in touch within 24 hours with an update.

2 hours later Kat rings me back with an update;

1) apparently I should have been told at the point of ordering that the lead time was 24 weeks. Errm no, the dealer mentioned 18 weeks as a maximum.  

2) The factory building my Kodiaq has now shut to re-tool and won’t be open until week 26.

3) my car is now scheduled for week 31 to be built.

4) Even after re-tooling my car will not be MY19 because this isn’t what I ordered. She described it as not having the facelift, but couldn’t say what the facelift comprised of.

5) I should receive my car by the end of week 39 as things stand.

6) she couldn’t confirm anything to do with gpf or wltp.

So I suppose I know a bit more now but a 24 weeks is a long time to wait, and I don’t understand how they can produce a MY18 car when the factory has been re-configured for MY19. I should have asked a few more questions but I was so grateful to get any kind of information I didn’t push any further.

Is anyone else in the UK experiencing similar wait times or is it just me?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think there are any significant changes between MY18 and MY19, I've certainly not heard any mention of a facelift.

The changes are mainly around the new engines and potentially the addition of the virtual cockpit / display as a cost option...

348x174.jpg.58f8b3dcfce7b421f513a723c37e2441.jpg

I suspect with this in mind, assuming you've gone for an engine that isn't changing, that it will be easy for the factory to build MY18 cars after the factory shutdown.

6 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I suspect with this in mind, assuming you've gone for an engine that isn't changing, that it will be easy for the factory to build MY18 cars after the factory shutdown.

It’s a 2.0 TSI which I think should be going from 180 to 190, or maybe not! 

Maybe ask Kat to ask someone that is not a Communications Manager working to a script,

what will the engines power output be, and what Co2 g/km / VED band will it fall into, and have Skoda done the WLTP on the model / spec they are building for you?

Hmm, you're right, the 2.0TSI is one of the engines that is being changed.

Capture.JPG.4d0202a007e4eeb78ad916dffd00a5e2.JPG

Here is the latest list of MY19 changes...

- Variable geared power steering (standard on L&k, Scout, & Sportline)
- Acoustic glass for sound damping
- Larger selection of wheels
- Stitched dashboard and door panels
- Removing some sound damping material in the engine compartment
- Suede for seats
- Ambient lighting connected to the Drive Mode Select

- Switch for turning off the interior movement sensors removed and is now controlled via the infotainment system...

5b111a7861c50_Capture1.JPG.519d632cbde520c62bf4d5b47066cb8e.JPG

5b111a7e82de3_Capture2.JPG.909247435a8de1601b195aac7d6921fd.JPG

5b111a8c6b256_Capture3.JPG.bedf8f7a737b9d8c3dbd32d9c5764a3d.JPG

5b111a938f18e_Capture4.JPG.4a652f58b997f3b2fd4fcf31e5af6f71.JPG

5b111a99a3c7e_Capture5.JPG.e859eaa073041c14d7328d55e85e86a1.JPG

5b111a9f43f3c_Capture6.JPG.5f67f17f17faff24fcbf2a9cf275a64d.JPG

Edited by silver1011

Soll - Ist lists. Bane of my life! That's what happens working for a German company. (Soll = should be or will be, Ist = is, for anyone wondering)

• 2 weeks later...

Now have a confirmed build week of 25 for the 190 TDI  just to give some comparison to the TSI. Order date was 16 April 2018. So over 2 months from order date to build for the 190 TDI. 

Next step is to see how long from build to handover. 

Interesting to hear, given someone posted that there was a 33 week lead time for 190s. I'm pleased as my order was just a few weeks after you, so with look so will my delivery be!

By the looks of things. The next biggest factor on delivery time is once the car gets to Emden. Some cars spend only a few days to a week waiting to be assigned as ship. Others can take up to a month. 

Your car can also spend awhile in the UK docks waiting to be delivered to the dealer. My second Bear was stuck there for almost a month, though Bear 1 went through in a week. So there’s a lot of luck involved.

Looks like I was quite lucky and my 190TDI has been built a week ahead of schedule. So it is now in Transit from the factory to the port of Exit according to SUK Facebook Chat. 

Any updates on how any 180 TSIs are getting on? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Kalpz said:

Still no Build week in the Swiss yet...in fact am going to call the dealer now!

just called the dealer, it will be a MY19 car, but cannot state if it will be delivered this year. 

He did state that there are lots of issues with the new Emissions  regulations and that is also causing a delay.

Starting to think if this is all worth it or not............................... 

I can whole heartedly feel where you are coming from. I think I'd be second guessing if i was you as well by now. I ordered mine in mid April 190TDI as mentioned before and am crying out for it to be shipped across the water as it has been waiting at emden since before the weekend. If it doesn't get shipped by Monday it will be put on the priority list. Feels like forever already and I only ordered it in mid april. 

Chatted with Skoda this morning. Now 14 weeks since I ordered a 2.0TSI edition. No build week allocated by the factory yet.

Factory is closed for summer break now and reopens week 31 (week commencing 30 July I think) so no updates until after then.

Seriously fed up now - would not be so bad if they said when they were planning to build as I can then make a decision whether to stick with the order - estimated delivery time of mid July is on my order form.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After being sat at Emden for over two weeks my car arrived into grimsby on Tuesday (17/7/2018) and am now told I may have to wait up to another two weeks for it to get from grimsby to dealers. 

I have to say though skoda Facebook Chat based support have been great and could see themselves that the delivery was taking way longer than expected to ship. They finally said enough was enough and raised a higher level support ticket on my behalf to encourage getting my car delivered quicker. 

So should be able to expect my Kodiaq to arrive some where around the beginning-middle of August on all accounts. 

The dealership had the start of September pencilled in so all in all from order to deliver in looking at about 4 months give or take for a 190TDI Edition Kodiaq. 

• Like 2

Happy to say the Kodiaq arrived at the dealers this morning. Now just waiting for the couple of dealer extras to be fitted and should be all but sorted.

Signed the finance docs today and will be executing my right for withdrawal as soon as I get the "YAK" as I'm going to name it due to the numberplate. 

Can't wait to drive it off the forecourt 

• Like 1

Took a trip over to the dealers this afternoon when on the way back from town. Didn't get to see much of it as it was up on the ramps having the wheels switched over to the black triglav wheels. Still had all the protection on it as well so could only see a bit through the side door into the workshop. Get to pick it up on Thursday night with all hope. The only little dealer accessories are rubber mats, spare wheel and waste bin lol.