Traffic Jam Assist - Is it an option?

RichardPB

Hi, My car came with Lane Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control. The owners manual mentions Traffic Jam Assist when you have these two options with the DSG gearbox.

Therefore does Traffic Jam Assist come as standard when you have the above or is it specified as an option? 

So far I haven't found any way of activating it if the car does have it?

Thanks.

The only thing I can think of is in relation to the Sat Nav, ours the other day said the route had been changed due to congestion.  Have a look at the options on there.

45 minutes ago, RichardPB said:

Therefore does Traffic Jam Assist come as standard when you have the above or is it specified as an option? 

You still have to specify it as an option as far as ordering the car is concerned.

As you have lane assist and ACC, it may be possible to have someone with VCDS turn it on - I don't know for sure. someone more knowledgeable will probably chime in soon...

That would explain it.

As its an ex demo I don't know exactly what options were specified. The salesman didn't know either except the visual ones like heated windscreen and ACC which were the ones I was after.

Anything else is a bonus.

I'll try again today when I'm out and about.

19 minutes ago, RichardPB said:

As its an ex demo I don't know exactly what options were specified. The salesman didn't know either except the visual ones like heated windscreen and ACC which were the ones I was after.

When they supplied printed service books, they had a list of codes in which IIRC indicated what options the car was built with. Maybe via the VIN, SUK could advise?

20 minutes ago, RichardPB said:

That would explain it.

Anything else is a bonus.

I'll try again today when I'm out and about.

The dealer should have a full spec sheet/order form.  Sounds like they're being a bit lazy to me.  You're entitled to know what is fitted to it so see if they can find anything in their paperwork. 

2 hours ago, RichardPB said:

Hi, My car came with Lane Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control. The owners manual mentions Traffic Jam Assist when you have these two options with the DSG gearbox.

So far I haven't found any way of activating it if the car does have it?

Thanks.

if you set  the acc and lane assist it  will activate traffic jam assist , i dont haveTJA but the acc will follow the car in front at very low speeds but if it stops and the brake is activated it will not move of but if you pull the resume lever or just touch the throtle it wil move of Note if you have lane assist you will have a second sensor next to the light sensor on the screen

Edited by patrolman

52 minutes ago, Michael G said:

When they supplied printed service books, they had a list of codes in which IIRC indicated what options the car was built with. Maybe via the VIN, SUK could advise?

Have a look under the boot floor, you should find that list printed there. 

Unless Skoda have stopped doing that. 

Simply Clever, and all that! 

29 minutes ago, Fin69 said:

Have a look under the boot floor, you should find that list printed there. 

Unless Skoda have stopped doing that. 

Simply Clever, and all that! 

Ah, OK. I was just chipping in. I know what my car has - very little, really :D

Looks like dealers can access a printout anyway.

1 hour ago, Michael G said:

Ah, OK. I was just chipping in. I know what my car has - very little, really :D

Don't knock it Michael G ;)

Alloys

Climate Control

Torch in the boot

What more do you need :biggrin:

Traffic jam assist comes as part of the driver assistance package, its only £50 more than standard ACC.

If you've got lane assist then you probably have the assistance package.

1 hour ago, Panther_uk said:

Don't knock it Michael G ;)

Alloys

Climate Control

Torch in the boot

What more do you need :biggrin:

Our #1 favourite thing on the new car?

Electrically folding mirrors! Never had that before. We've led a sheltered life ;)

The rest are good too :thumbup:

Driver assistance package

A perfect combination for a long journey. Driver assistance package neatly combines Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, Blind Spot Detection, Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist. Only available in combination with the DSG gearbox 

This is from Skoda Karok  configurator

Edited by prokaryotic
gramatical mistake

There's quite a few youtube video's about TJA and how to set it up. Roman, who often posts on here has a good one, but here's one to have a look at, albeit in the Kodiaq but they all seem to operate the same - 

Thanks for posting the video.

Lane Assist on mine seems to switch off (green to amber) under about 35mph but ACC did work today as patrolman said.

I'm going to email the dealer for the spec sheet for the car and see want they come back with.

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 18:43, RichardPB said:

Thanks for posting the video.

Lane Assist on mine seems to switch off (green to amber) under about 35mph but ACC did work today as patrolman said.

I'm going to email the dealer for the spec sheet for the car and see want they come back with.

Lane assist works down to 60kph, after this TJA becomes active if you have it, but from what you describe you have lane assist but not TJA, so you have to steer yourself below 60kph (37.5mph). The ACC will still work down to zero speed.

• 6 months later...

"just need the coding to enable "Traffic Jam Assistant" that will enable the lane keep assist at speeds below ~60kph (40mph)"

I think its a common problem to all VAG users. To my knowledge it hasn't been solved yet:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/coding-traffic-jam-assist-obdeleven-vcds-2931336/