Pacific blue

I have seen a few, and would have ordered it if I had seen it before I placed my order. It was rather nice, and a no cost option too.

However I believe its been discontinued in the Uk at least and replaced with rather a nasty "energy blue” which jars with me. So you may get that instead.

Was Pacific blue like the petrol blue? 

I thought it was the same then remembered Europe called the petrol blue, lava blue. 

Was the Pacific blue lighter or darker? 

This energy blue sounds like it's quite a bright blue. 

It´s a non-metallic colour and was used on many other VW products in the past (i.e. "Jazz Blue" on the Golf IV). I don´t like it on a Superb; it deserves a slightly more "exclusive" (read: boring) colour.

I hopefully changed it to Petrol blue right before ordering the car. The best choice I've done. Pacific blue is just too plain with no bight at all.

Mines Pacific Blue.  Wouldn't have been my choice, but I didn't have a choice  :)

I miss the sparkles of metallic or perlescant paint, but it looks fine when clean and shiny.

DSC_5520-2.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lee_M said:

Mines Pacific Blue.  Wouldn't have been my choice, but I didn't have a choice  :)

I miss the sparkles of metallic or perlescant paint, but it looks fine when clean and shiny.

DSC_5520-2.jpg

How does it look dirty, the last time I washed my current car was 2016? 

The new ‘free blue’ is much brighter and suits the Superb even less :( I don’t get that people spend 25-35K on a car and then wants to save a few quid on paint. 

• Like 1

Mine looks ok to me, company car so couldn't see the point of paying for paint so had ventilated seats because that is where I am. I goes nice with the light leather.

20171119_111328.jpg

20171119_111309.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/9/2018 at 19:18, GaSelle said:

The new ‘free blue’ is much brighter and suits the Superb even less :( I don’t get that people spend 25-35K on a car and then wants to save a few quid on paint. 

I lease mine and didn't see the point in leasing differently coloured paint.

Each to their own; I would rather look on a colour I liked for the next two/three year instead of clapping my own shoulder each time saying ‘well saved, buddy’ :-)