Suggestion Box

As we all know, the Chief Designer at Skoda spends most of his days on here:biggrin:. So I thought I'd open up a suggestion box so we can let him know what we want to see in the next generation of Superbs. I'll kick it off with:

1. On-off switch for the side sensors. They could put it next to the start-stop disable button, then I could disable both at the same time when I start the car.

2. Smart Light Assist as standard on L&K models.

3. Standardised model range across neighbouring territories (eg UK and Ireland), coupled with a configurator that works and is up to date.

4. 190 2WD reinstated.

5. Some decent colours for the UK market (even though knowing me I'd probably still buy grey / silver / black).

What would you like to see in your next Superb?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

3. Standardised model range across neighbouring territories (eg UK and Ireland), coupled with a configurator that works and is up to date.

I think that everyone would like that, not just Superb owners, and yet of all your suggestions it seems the one least likely to happen

6. Configurable 12v accessory sockets… or at least make them switch off with the ignition by default. Easy to add a toggle in the settings so you wouldn’t even need a luxurious physical switch :biggrin:

7. A good quality front/rear dash cam option. I think it’s unpredictable legislation that stops us getting this, but I would pay a premium to have an OEM (warranty safe) setup.

• Like 1

1.  Some more flair/adventurous design on the interior.  The exterior design has upped it's game, there's no need to have the interior that's similar to the previous generation of Passat. 

2.  Shared VAG tech available as options or standard on certain trim levels, e.g; Heads-Up Display, Virtual Cockpit, Matrix LED's, tracker device.  

3.  Interior lighting to operate when ignition is turned off via KESSY button and not when just the doors are opened. 

4.  Tablet holder for centre console to have a 'coupler' so two devices can be mounted simultaneously. 

5.  Better soundproofing.  The Superb isn't exactly noisy but the A4 and Passat suppress road and wind noise that little better. 

6.  Ability to close the electronic boot from the interior.  

7.  Offer 'model designation deletion' as a no cost option. 

8.  Offer customers more freedom to customise their cars, colour, interior finish, trim accents, 'chrome pack', 'black pack' etc etc.  The Uk configurator of the Superb is very sparse.  

• Like 1

Ok, I'm by no means unhappy with the Superb.  Quite the contrary, I love mine and I'm sure I will also love the next one but with everything related to the cars, options, dealer network, marketing, etc there's that underlying feeling that Skoda are always being held back by the VAG mothership.  SEAT seem to have less restraint put against them but they are unlikely to steal sales away from VW and Audi; whereas Skoda are a serious threat and are subsequently throttled IMO. 

Come on Korea, add Skoda to the Kia and Hyundai brand and watch Germany panic! 

17 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

1.  Some more flair/adventurous design on the interior.  The exterior design has upped it's game, there's no need to have the interior that's similar to the previous generation of Passat. 

2.  Shared VAG tech available as options or standard on certain trim levels, e.g; Heads-Up Display, Virtual Cockpit, Matrix LED's, tracker device.  Definitely

3.  Interior lighting to operate when ignition is turned off via KESSY button and not when just the doors are opened. 

4.  Tablet holder for centre console to have a 'coupler' so two devices can be mounted simultaneously. 

5.  Better soundproofing.  The Superb isn't exactly noisy but the A4 and Passat suppress road and wind noise that little better.  Yes - noticed a little road noise on certain roads recently!

6.  Ability to close the electronic boot from the interior.  This should be standard with the electronic boot opening IMHO 

7.  Offer 'model designation deletion' as a no cost option.  Yep! I even asked the dealer if they could do this for me when they got the car - they said no... :-(

8.  Offer customers more freedom to customise their cars, colour, interior finish, trim accents, 'chrome pack', 'black pack' etc etc.  The Uk configurator of the Superb is very sparse.  

I also think:

1. KESSY -  should be Standard on higher spec'd cars (SEL and above) - with the option to remove for people that don't want it
  2. Colours - we need lots of better ones! I'm sick of the monochromatic Superb colours
  3. Rear LED Indicators - Especially on the LED Rear (High) pack.  My Superb looks great from the rear, except with the indicators on!
  4. More interior trim/colour choices
  5. Make the Heated Front Windscreen Standard again on SEL and above! I really miss that from the Mk2!
  6. Make the rear seats fold flat like on the mk2 - by lifting the rear seat base up and forward!

Edited by hwr1983
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan_P said:

6. Configurable 12v accessory sockets… or at least make them switch off with the ignition by default. Easy to add a toggle in the settings so you wouldn’t even need a luxurious physical switch :biggrin:

7. A good quality front/rear dash cam option. I think it’s unpredictable legislation that stops us getting this, but I would pay a premium to have an OEM (warranty safe) setup.

6. Can be done just by moving a fuse (switch between constant / ignition power)

Agree with the model designations. UK seems to be the only place on earth with weird trim names as "S, SE, SEL" etc. It´s Active, Ambition, Style and L&K in the rest of the markets.

In previous models and some other VW group cars, but not in the mk3 Superb unfortunately… unless you know something different?

10 minutes ago, GaSelle said:

6. Can be done just by moving a fuse (switch between constant / ignition power)

Agree with the model designations. UK seems to be the only place on earth with weird trim names as "S, SE, SEL" etc. It´s Active, Ambition, Style and L&K in the rest of the markets.

25 minutes ago, Alan_P said:

In previous models and some other VW group cars, but not in the mk3 Superb unfortunately… unless you know something different?

This is from a Mk. 7 Golf (MQB):

The circled one is for constant power, the one with the arrow is for power with ignition on.

Cons.jpg

Ign.jpg

TPMS works in my Superb. It pretty much saved me from having a flat tyre ripping to shreds just last week. (Tyre punctured by a screw, with the screw still in there, hence a very slow loss of pressure).

Edited by kriva

59 minutes ago, RickTT said:

Suggests.

Tps system that works 

Not really noticed that... Car is only 2 weeks old so tyre pressures are as per factory.  The Mk2 TPMS worked ok though...

16 minutes ago, hwr1983 said:

Not really noticed that... Car is only 2 weeks old so tyre pressures are as per factory.  The Mk2 TPMS worked ok though...

Mines a nightmare.. See recent thread i updated...

4 hours ago, GaSelle said:

Had the TPMS come on once. 15 minutes later I had a flat tire :-)

Mine popped off suddenly yesterday after 20mins driving on a dual carriageway. I stopped at the first available stopping place and checked all the tyre pressures – all were identical (1/2 psi resolution of my gauge). Reset it and carried on, no further warnings. Just one of those things I guess?

In 25,000 miles I have had the TP come on twice - one was a screw in the tyre, and the TPS warning came on only after it had significantly deflated (but before I''d have noticed otherwise). Second time was a false alarm. Seems about as accurate as that on my old 2004 Lexus ...

Edited by nsfu

TPMS has come on once for me- had a screw in the tyre and it had only lost a small amount of pressure.

My previous Audi A6 was really bad for false alarms.  Ended up ignoring it and just doing manual reset each time - dangerous, "boy who cried wolf" scenario.

Just thought of another - battery charge state as part of the driving data in the maxidot. Given the massive increase in the use of electrics / computing power in the Superb, I'm never sure how well the battery is coping. I tried to enable this function with OBDeleven. It didn't work, and the app says the vehicle must have a "battery control unit" (whatever that is). So maybe the suggestion is to include a battery control unit.

2 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Just thought of another - battery charge state as part of the driving data in the maxidot. Given the massive increase in the use of electrics / computing power in the Superb, I'm never sure how well the battery is coping. I tried to enable this function with OBDeleven. It didn't work, and the app says the vehicle must have a "battery control unit" (whatever that is). So maybe the suggestion is to include a battery control unit.

You can see the battery voltage via the Skoda One app. Charges at 14.4v, floats at 12.9v and goes to 14.9v on brake regeneration. With headlights on it runs at 13.4v once charged.

23 hours ago, RickTT said:

Suggests.

Tps system that works 

I would agree with this but not exactly for the same reasons. The TPMS on the Superb requires the tyres are rotating, too late if you start with a near flat tyre which are not visually or immediately obvious when on reinforced tyres such as the 19's so an active system would be welcome that displays tyre pressures.

The main issue with false alerts on the TPMS for me is related to how the reference is set, I changed procedure so I do a few miles on a smooth road at 60mph after setting and this practically eliminated the false errors or always triggering on a particular stretch of road. I don't know (technically) why this makes such a difference but it seems to imo.