Fitting LED rear bulbs

TheRoq

2 minutes ago, Vectis said:

What lamps are required and where did you get them from?

I've added that in at the bottom.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

I've added that in at the bottom.

Now you've got me interested I have more questions, are both the reversing lights and indicators w16w and what about the stop lights?

Many thanks Vectis

Edited by Vectis

Excellent write up & photos TheRoq, many thanks. Like you say, just the way they should be in the first place. Definitely the next job on the list.

Many thanks,

Westie38

Vectis, I'm fairly sure that all three stop lights are LED, at least on the Edition if not all Karoq's.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vectis said:

Now you've got me interested I have more questions, are both the reversing lights and indicators w16w and what about the stop lights?

Many thanks Vectis

Reverse and indicator are both W16W.

All the red lights at the back are already LED.

You cant change them anyway, not without taking the whole lamp cluster apart.

I dont think there are any other non LED lights on the edition. Maybe the number plate light, I’ll have to check that one.

28 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

I dont think there are any other non LED lights on the edition. Maybe the number plate light, I’ll have to check that one.

I wasn't looking at the car when I asked the question, I realised when I left work, I have just ordered the same ones you bought so thank you very much. The only other ones I thought of were the rear fog lights.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vectis said:

I wasn't looking at the car when I asked the question, I realised when I left work, I have just ordered the same ones you bought so thank you very much. The only other ones I thought of were the rear fog lights.

I’m not going to change the rear fog light.

Its hardly ever used and would need to be super bright.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2018 at 20:27, TheRoq said:

Are the number plates not LED already? Great thread by the way :)

Edited by MarcusKaroq

Just fitted this morning - vast improvement. I can't understand why they don't fit them as standard when the rest of the lamps are LED. 

Point to note: when you pull the lamp cluster away from the car, there is (was) a small bit of plastic which comes loose. I don't have a clue what they are but I managed to drop them both into the depths of the rear bumper. The fixing screw with the tension spring screws into a captive nut so it wasn't that that I lost. Any idea's Vectis or Roq?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westie38 said:

Just fitted this morning - vast improvement. I can't understand why they don't fit them as standard when the rest of the lamps are LED. 

Point to note: when you pull the lamp cluster away from the car, there is (was) a small bit of plastic which comes loose. I don't have a clue what they are but I managed to drop them both into the depths of the rear bumper. The fixing screw with the tension spring screws into a captive nut so it wasn't that that I lost. Any idea's Vectis or Roq?

No idea, one of my captive screws did come out in my hand though and they are back down in price.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 12:15, westie38 said:

Do you mean the small clear rectangular pieces?

They sit on the top of the cluster.

Must be an afterthought to stop vibration or rattling in the lamp.

Ha, they could be. I didn't even get chance to see what they were or what shape they were before they made a break for it and disappeared into the depths. Thanks though, I'll see how things go. It's quite a big void down there, so they might be able to be retrieved.

@Vectis and @westie38 after fitting the LED bulbs does your blind spot monitoring still work?

Mine has stopped working and it says function unavailable in the vehicle settings.

Hopefully totally unrelated but thought I'd check with you before I contact the dealer.

I have left the safety of the isle of Wight today and have ventured into the big wide world and the orange lights have been flashing like a good un!

I've found the problem. I used the blind spot system fuse to piggy back in a dashcam.

Now I've lost the blind spot coding in the gateway.

Doh!

Hopefully your dealer will be kind enough to reinstate it for you without charge. Might be worth removing the piggy back fuse and hiding the wire, take the camera off the mount and then plead no knowledge of how it came about...