New vrs order cancelled by dealer

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:38, mercactrps said:

Update 

Customer services just called 

The petrol version is comming back September ish for ordering.

Diesel no replacement has been given for this engine.

Reading between the lines he doesn't think that there will be as all information given by skoda says no direct replacement at all. 

Surely they won't not make a diesel vrs?

Looks like a change of make then.

Remember what happened to the Fabia Mk1 VRS diesel, got replaced with a petrol then got discontinued!:angry:

39 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Remember what happened to the Fabia Mk1 VRS diesel, got replaced with a petrol then got discontinued!:angry:

That's what I'm thinking.  Looking what else is about now.  I don't no how to say this (lol) I've just specd a focus st3. 0% on a Pcp!!

wouldn't surprised me if the diesel vrs octavia went for a burton

at the rate emission levels are getting tweaked and petrol is the only fuel people are wanting to buy, it wouldn't come as a shock to me if a GTi E was developed. With a VRS equivalent a little bit later.

6 minutes ago, tunedude said:

wouldn't surprised me if the diesel vrs octavia went for a burton

at the rate emission levels are getting tweaked and petrol is the only fuel people are wanting to buy, it wouldn't come as a shock to me if a GTi E was developed. With a VRS equivalent a little bit later.

Agree petrol hybrids seem to be the pathway until the only choice is pure EV. Volvo just announced no diesel option in NEW V60 variant, just petrol or hybrid. Welcome to the future.:cool:

Can’t see diesel vrs not being available when they launch MY19 as thought the majority of VRSs were diesel today and even though people are switching from diesel to petrol again (incl me), 35% of new sales in the uk at least are still diesel.  Fabia diesel has gone but that was only 5% of sales. Big difference with the Octy.

On 24/05/2018 at 22:53, marvin1961 said:

So today I’ve just ordered my new Diesal VRS , private not business quoted a 20 week delivery . I can live with that , will be on a 68 plate . Will update you if it gets scrapped 

You sure they’ve not just put you on a waiting list for MY19?  Can’t see how they’ve taken your order when 1) MY19 specs and prices have not yet been announced and 2) the vrs order books both diesel and petrol have been closed for over a month and only stock cars available.  Am I missing something?

Probably not tbh, it’s a reservation with a deposit. But I had the same tensions when I ordered my L&K,  3 1/2 years ago, in the end it all got sorted and delivered within the quoted time. Test drove the VRS on Thursday , what a car far superior to  the M4, I took for a test drive the week before 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Can’t see diesel vrs not being available when they launch MY19 as thought the majority of VRSs were diesel today and even though people are switching from diesel to petrol again (incl me), 35% of new sales in the uk at least are still diesel.  Fabia diesel has gone but that was only 5% of sales. Big difference with the Octy.

There is an issue this time around though.

The TDi 184 is rumoured not to meet WLTP emissions standard. The replacement would have to be the 190SCR.

VAG have said they will not be increasing SCR diesel engine capacity because of WLTP but will concentrate on Hybrid and BEV.

So some models across VAG will loose diesel options.

Whether the Octavia vRS is one to loose the diesel option we don't yet know.

Lee

• Thanks 1

Will it break anyone's heart if they turn out an Octavia  190ps 2.0 diesel SCR and call it a 'Sportline' and not a vRS, 

then give the various WLTP figures, with 18's or 19's fitted,DSG or Manual with or without leather etc etc.

Maybe a bigger Ad-blue tank fitted, one that copes with the ad-blue usage when the emissions are really being kept lower at actual real UK temperature ranges.

I suspect the choices they build and import to the UK will need to be limited as every variation would need testing and the results published.

(Same thing in rest of Europe & Globally, but in the UK every new Type Approved Car Model imported will have a sample vehicle retested in the UK...)

Edited by Offski

On 23/05/2018 at 08:00, SurreyJohn said:

Ok I accept my error of saying half of car buyers are private, having checked April’s figures it was 75,607 out of 167,911 so my loose term half, should be 45%

Hardly a vast majority however which suggests 70:30 or similar...

Edited by juan27

http://racfoundation.org/motoring-faqs/mobility 

Many ordered for business/fleet users,

and not long until then in trade and become privately owned / leased.

Good that Business users get so many new vehicles, and that makes the choice of used cars so good.

PS

Motability are the biggest group purchaser of vehicles in the UK.  so they buy and lease to Private Users, not for Business use, 

they might be appearing in the figures as a  Fleet Buyer.

Edited by Offski

We have two privately leased vehicles but for the stats these will show up as a business buyer as the Owner and Registered keeper is VW Fleet.

Then there are all the company scheme's that do salary sacrifice, the NHS is a massive one. These are all private individuals running fleet cars.

And then mobility users.

So the business/private percentage may not be as it first appears.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/05/2018 at 13:04, mercactrps said:

Afternoon

I ordered a new vrs diesel manual 3 weeks ago. Just had a call off of the dealer saying they have got to cancel the car as skoda have pulled both petrol and diesel engines and closed the order book.

Apparently there are 3 on the production line and when they have gone that is it.  They don't no when the order book will reopen, so they cannot fullfill our deal.

Gutted is an understatement.  Has any one else had this call, or can give me some more info.

Thanks

Hi there i ordered my karoq 1.5 tsi edition dsg on 29th may dennis Horton Lincoln and was told it would be roughly 5mths wait , I was prepared to wait, today I had a call from them saying they would have to cancell my order as skoda have chucked it out and are not making the 1.5 tsi edition anymore , he told me he could order me a karoq sel with same spec and the added extras I wanted , they sent me a quote over which works out an extra £2600 to the original price of the edition with added extras , I am not very happy and have declined , I have also rung skoda uk and they are investigating as they say skoda are still taking orders for the 1.5 tsi edition , the car I originaly ordered was to be finaced on pcp and I was given a good price on my skoda octavia vrs diesel mk3 as part ex . I think they have messed up with the price they offered me on the karoc and are now trying to back track any one else had this  

update on my post of 23rd May. My Octy Scout 184 didn't get cancelled. It was built week 22, made it to Port of Tyne on Saturday and I'll be collecting it on 26th June. Does it comply with new WLTP emissions standards, probably not (well actually definitely not !) Do I care - not a jot! Taken 5 year warranty which realistically means it has the go through years 3, 4 and 5  MOT's, by which time I'll be 74 and probably looking for something smaller and slower. Meantime, I'm just going to enjoy it. :biggrin:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So ordered a new vrs diesel again today. Let's hope the factory take the order this time.

Vrs, diesel, dsg. You cannot order a manual now.

Only downside dealer reckons about 20wks for delivery, surly this carnt be right can it???

Edited by mercactrps

10 hours ago, mercactrps said:

So ordered a new vrs diesel again today. Let's hope the factory take the order this time.

Only downside dealer reckons about 20wks for delivery, surly this carnt be right can it???

Sounds about right.  Only MY19 vrs available to order and the diesel is DSG only starting WK48 - so beginning of December start build + add 4-5 weeks for delivery

2 hours ago, mercactrps said:

I'm not bothered about time, just seems a long time!!!

That’s short... quite a few of us waited over 200 days for our 245s and one lads will end up waiting 260 days :biggrin:

18 hours ago, mercactrps said:

Is this an actual order with the factory or just the dealer taking a deposit? As I thought you couldn't even order the petrol vRS yet and the ordering point for the diesel would be a couple of months after that.

Wanted to check as I tried to see if I could order a vRS 245 last month and the dealer could not order, they are supposed to be getting in touch when he can (they'll forget so I fully expect to need to contact them again when it does open).

It's ordered. I've ordered one from Chesterfield and my mate has ordered his in Cannock.

Not sure about petrol we have both ordered diesel.

Dealers cannot order demos or stock motors. They can only order for Joe Public. App it's to try and clear the back log up, whether that's right I don't no.

Edited by mercactrps