Supermarket "fusion" food

camelspyyder

No it is long wise haggis and blackpudding / layered.

Even 'Blaggis Pie' from Galloway.   Very special. 

'Staggis Pie'.   Steak & Haggis.

Google is your friend or google images.

mac11irl,

next time you are on the A77 and held up at the harbour mini roundabout in Girvan just go left and park and visit Graziano's chip shop.

They have Spicy Haggis as well.

** Go left 1 or 2 streets before the harbour as you come from the ferry, so miss the few hundred yards of stop / start traffic and go along the front and park outside the chippy.**

see 'tripadvisor', wonderful fresh fish, 'much cheapness'. 

Or the other end of town as you come in, Steve's cafe / hut at the car park. Where the HGV's, bikes, campers, cars etc are.

Homemade soup, Stovies etc.

How is this for a Rhubarb pie?

just grows at the bottom of your garden, some sugar and sorted,

or flour, butter, water and sugar, best 'Fusion' food there is.

Special treat is Rhubarb Crumble, same ingredients may also apple or ginger or both.

Maybe i will try battered and deep fried.

IMG_1575.JPG

Edited by Offski
  • Like 4

Please stop bringing colour into this discussion. There's also White pudding . Then for a nice breakfast, add suet pudding, with a bit of fried cloutie dumpling. And for the ultimate, there's also potato scones. For our southern ex pats, might I recommend Mr McGee's BEEF LORNE, as sold in some Asda stores. I picked up a pack last week in Tamworth. This week we've had builders in and cooking is difficult. I do my brunch on the portable gas stove outside. Two slices in pan, no oil/fat needed, and at the end, there's little or no fat in pan.

Not exactly related but there seems to be a lot of our Northern brethren on here, so:- Once on an overnight stop in Perth, we'd had a few beers and on the way home fancied some chips, nothing fancy just a bag o' chips, as it was quite late a lot of the chippies were all shutting and had very little left but we eventually got some chips and off we went. However, nearly all the shops had on the, I use the word lightly, menu; Mock Chop.

What on God's green earth is a Mock Chop?

I've never heard of it, but I Googled:

A Mock chop is a meat dish available from Scottish fish and chip shops [1]. It is thought to be reprocessed lamb kebab type meat fried in batter and is almost mythical in Scotland.

Well Keith, the modern day , humble mock chop consists of minced lamb and beef with a spicy seasoning through it in the sort of shape of a chop, hence the name "mock" chop.

Not to be confused with a King Rib:

King Rib is an item of food commonly served in fish and chips shops in Scotland and Northern England. Despite its name, it is actually a sweetened patty of minced pork that is fried or deep-fried[1] and often available as a "supper" combination meal, i.e. with chips.

The ultimate in greasy fried snacks available from british "chippies" or chip shops; A chopped and shaped pork patty flavoured with either barbeque or chinese seasoning, doused in batter then deep fried. Mmmmmm heart attacks never tasted so good !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Jfhuk said:

Now I understand why Scottish life expectancies are lower 8-)

That and portion size. 

The indian chippie around the corner from my SIL does a mixed pakora "side order" that would feed a small family in its own.

Along with a "King Chicken Kebab on Naan" which has probably the most spectacular tandoori chicken ive ever eaten, but is so massive we split 2 of them and 2 bags of chips between 5 of us last saturday night...

Clarification edit - said chippie is in Stepps, Glasgow..

Edited by mac11irl
Late noticed no location given
  • Like 1

Home of Free prescriptions, free education for Scots and other Europeans that are not from England, Wales or Northern Ireland.

Life expectancy short, those with diabetes and amputations common.  You can get drugs delivered quicker than a carryout and you get them PDQ.

Mostly a cheap place to get feed / fat as long as it is not a touristy location or the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, or a National Trust for Scotland premises.

PS

I still get a shock when i see a Deep Fried Scotch Pie sitting ready,

so to have a balanced diet i say no chips thanks, 

and have potato fritters instead, plenty salt no vinegar.   Less places have polony these days or pineapple fritters and fishcakes are not as cheap as they used to be when you are running skint and no change down the seats and no empties to take in to get the deposit on.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2018 at 20:40, Auric Goldfinger said:

If you surname was ' Kebab " would you call your daughter Donna  or Shish.     :thinking:  

No, but if you were called Mr or Mrs Green, would you name your daughter Teresa???

Or if your surname was Draws, would you have called your son Chester???

11 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

No, but if you were called Mr or Mrs Green, would you name your daughter Teresa???

I went to school with a Theresa Green, her parents weren’t the sharpest crowd I’ve meet.

She married a Brown so the name situation didn’t improve much 8-)

4 hours ago, Bignij said:

Not nearly enough butter on that 'cob' for my liking. That's almost healthy.:D

Butter is healthy. It lubricates your arteries..

Apparently in the Scottish badlands (i.e. Clacks and Falkirk), pie on roll is a known delicacy.

NSFW (Swearing)

On 6/9/2018 at 12:26, Macdemon said:

There was a girl in my daughter's class at Primary school called; Paige Turner. :) 

• Like 1

in my days on the shop floor at GEC, we had a tannoy system. Many's the call we heard for ladies with the surname"WOOD" or "MAY" or other carry on surnames. The names always raised a male chorus.